Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This is what I have in the exec lounge sticky for Hotel Stripes. Can someone confirm if all the information is still accurate; last report was almost 2 years ago? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

* Kuala Lumpur / Hotel Stripes, Autograph Collection / No Lounge technically; breakfast in the restaurant; The Snug is also a 'lounge' from 10:30AM-7PM, with everything in the fridge, sandwiches and salads and fruit, available during the day. From 5-7 there is apparently wine and beer on offer; 07/17 update

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This is what I have in the exec lounge sticky for Hotel Stripes. Can someone confirm if all the information is still accurate; last report was almost 2 years ago? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

* Kuala Lumpur / Hotel Stripes, Autograph Collection / No Lounge technically; breakfast in the restaurant; The Snug is also a 'lounge' from 10:30AM-7PM, with everything in the fridge, sandwiches and salads and fruit, available during the day. From 5-7 there is apparently wine and beer on offer; 07/17 update

Cheers.
This is almost accurate, not really a Lounge, just a double sized room with tables and soft drink, at 5-7PM beer and wines additional but not really food, just snack, everything very basic, AC was so cold that I was freezing, never used again.

Please note that the Minibar was free in the Studio suites (not sure about the regular room), so really no reason to visit the "lounge".
Old May 10, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
No breakfast at the Ritz for Platinums either I assume which is another negative.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: Some
I was thoroughly unimpressed with the JW following a recent stay, including with the breakfast which whilst free I didn't find to be great quality. The gap in quality between the JW and the St. Regis was the biggest I've ever seen between those two brands in the same market.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Ritz it's now my first choice in KL with the following hotel (order by preference) Meridien, Westin, Stripes.
JW I will never go back. Subpar service, awful lounge, micro size bathroom and denied upgrade with plenty availability.

​​​​​​Did not tried yet W and St Regis rooms.

W poolbar area is nice with a good view of Petronas towers, the food is unfortunately too basic for a real dinner.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; May 11, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I was thoroughly unimpressed with the JW following a recent stay, including with the breakfast which whilst free I didn't find to be great quality. The gap in quality between the JW and the St. Regis was the biggest I've ever seen between those two brands in the same market.
I can’t imagine the JW and St Regis are in any way comparable in any market, are they? Perhaps those in China could be slightly more similar, but that’s about it...

Last edited by EuropeanPete; May 10, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Old May 11, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

I can’t imagine the JW and St Regis are in any way comparable in any market, are they? Perhaps those in China could be slightly more similar, but that’s about it...
No, clearly not, was more my way of gauging the relative quality of the local JW having not stayed in other KL hotels in the same category. I'd say generally a JW is meant to be 4.5 star whilst a St. Regis is meant to be 5 star but the JW was 4 star at best.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:35 am

Are there any good high-end hotels that will allow me to bring in myself + 2 guests for breakfast and lounge without extra charge? I have Titanium status.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by gora14
I am taking family to SE Asia and decided to pop into KL. I have a lot of points and booked the JW on points. I am now looking at the receipt and seeing an "extra person fee" of about $50 per night(!). I've checked all the other Bonvoys in KL and all have a similar fee. I'm titanium, so do enjoy the lounges, and am seeing that KL's seem to like to charge for this also, on the order of $50/day pp. It doesn't make any sense to do this as that is practically the cost of a room. If my other daughter joins, it will be more. Can I book two rooms and get lounge access for both? It would be cheaper than sharing a room.
I'm also curious about your questions, did you ever figure them out?
Old May 20, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Are there any good high-end hotels that will allow me to bring in myself + 2 guests for breakfast and lounge without extra charge? I have Titanium status.
Titanium or Platinum or Ambassador: lounge access rules are clear and unambiguous. Member + 1.

You should be asking which hotels allow additional guests and what the fee is per additional guest. That's the only factual question that you can rely on.

Having said that, I've stayed at Le Meridien before now with its briliant lounge and got an additional guest in without paying but that's anecdotal and you cannot rely on other people's anecdotes when the rules of the programme are the rules of the programme.

Be prepared to spend the additional person fee and you may be delighted to get away with it in whichever hotel you stay in (and Le Meridien has the best lounge in my - and many others - opinion).
Old May 20, 2019, 6:47 pm

I'm also curious about your questions, did you ever figure them out?
It appears to be taxes, but not sure. It was not much more to book an additional room, so did that instead. I also enquired about cost of lounge access. Oddly I got two different answers from two different employees. It was about $30-$35 per person. Since I ended up booking two rooms, I am not certain I will be charged for lounge access, but I expect to be. Some have reported yes, others no. To date, I always have been charged, but not stayed in KL before.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Titanium or Platinum or Ambassador: lounge access rules are clear and unambiguous. Member + 1.

You should be asking which hotels allow additional guests and what the fee is per additional guest. That's the only factual question that you can rely on.

Having said that, I've stayed at Le Meridien before now with its briliant lounge and got an additional guest in without paying but that's anecdotal and you cannot rely on other people's anecdotes when the rules of the programme are the rules of the programme.

Be prepared to spend the additional person fee and you may be delighted to get away with it in whichever hotel you stay in (and Le Meridien has the best lounge in my - and many others - opinion).
I checked out the Le Meridien, and their fees for breakfast and lounge are just daylight robbery. Having said that, I'll get another room so that we don't run into this issue.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:09 pm

I checked out the Le Meridien, and their fees for breakfast and lounge are just daylight robbery. Having said that, I'll get another room so that we don't run into this issue.
but be prepared to pay for access in the second room if the occupant in the second room is not platinum or above.

you might as well get a breakfast package which is not that much more expensive.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

but be prepared to pay for access in the second room if the occupant in the second room is not platinum or above.

you might as well get a breakfast package which is not that much more expensive.
I don't understand. I'm booking both rooms in my name.

EDIT: Oh I saw your other post in the thread. If they pull that nonsense on me, I'll do a DYKWIA. If I book 2 rooms, I should be able to bring +1 for each room.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:26 pm

I don't understand. I'm booking both rooms in my name.

EDIT: Oh I saw your other post in the thread. If they pull that nonsense, I'll do a DYKWIA. If I book 2 rooms, I should be able to bring +1 for each room.
I’m not saying they won’t let you in for free, I’m just saying by policy, benefits go with the member and you can only occupy one room although you will get points for up to three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.