Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold *woodPlat LHFTL Marriott Lifetime Plat.
Just made a reservation for the JW in KL and the website says that renovations are underway until mid 2017. Anybody have an update on what's going on and what level of disturbance there is?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Platinum Prem (Life Plat), Hilton Diamond, A Club
I was there two weeks ago.

The rooms on top floor were being renovated, I was on 16th floor and did not hear any noise from the work and was not disturbed in any part of the hotel by it.

I understood that the whole hotel will be renovated - reception and other common areas as well.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:57 pm

I've been reading some conflicting reports that the Breakfast has been moved from the pool café to Shook in the Starhill Gallery. Anyone that can confirm this?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:40 am

Kuala Lumpur - RC/StR or Le Meridian

Tried a thread search to see anything recent and nothings come up on the RC.

Any recent FT'ers stay here/thoughts? Heading over in June for 3 days of meetings, family will be coming with.

I know both StR and Le Meridien over on the SPG side are located in town and have recent postings.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Not sure if you're interested in Autograph Collection properties, but there's one open now & also one opening in Feb '17. I'm just getting ready to start property specific threads on them since I'm updating a bunch of Autograph Collection properties today.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:58 am

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur on Points

First time as Gold Member. Is there free breakfast at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur for Gold Member when redeeming points.
Also, anyone stay there recently. Supposed to be construction till September 2017. Will be there in July

BTW, 15k points per night is great redemption.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:50 am

Thanks SkiAdcock!
Old May 28, 2017, 10:28 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Eat in the restaurant downstairs, the lounge is fine for a beer or light snack in the evening but not much selection. The staff are very nice though.

The rates must have gone up as well, I paid cash in December of last year and IIRC it was <$90 US. I saved my points for Singapore.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
To add to this, it has a large lounge with excellent staff. Eggs made to order at breakfast and a good selection of food in general.

For other food options there is also a large eatery in the mall opposite selling lots of different food.

T
Old May 29, 2017, 11:13 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by toothy
To add to this, it has a large lounge with excellent staff. Eggs made to order at breakfast and a good selection of food in general.

For other food options there is also a large eatery in the mall opposite selling lots of different food.

T
Didn't they give you a choice of breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant? If you think the lounge had a great selection you must not have gone downstairs.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Didn't they give you a choice of breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant? If you think the lounge had a great selection you must not have gone downstairs.
Some JWMs only give Plat restaurant breakfasts and lounge only for the Golds. No idea how the JWM Kuala Lumpur operates but the JWM at Hong Kong is lounge breakfast for Gold, and either lounge or restaurant for Plat.
Restaurant breakfast should always better than the lounge breakfast except for the potential noise and crowd.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Disagree as I find smoked salmon, sparkling wine, and other better quality items along with fresh eggs cooked by chef in lounge and not available in restaurant.

Originally Posted by Happy
Restaurant breakfast should always better than the lounge breakfast .....
Old May 30, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Disagree as I find smoked salmon, sparkling wine, and other better quality items along with fresh eggs cooked by chef in lounge and not available in restaurant.
Post No.6 just above your post No.8 obviously disagree with you, as bigshooter wrote: " If you think the lounge had a great selection you must not have gone downstairs. " So who to believe? LOL.

I have no idea what the JWM lounge/restaurant breakfasts are but in generally restaurant breakfasts are much more varied than at the lounge which has limited serving space.

Inevitably the restaurants have more varieties especially if the location has large ethnic groups. I would not be surprised the JWM in KL would have Asian items from Chinese to Japanese to Indian/Malay offered in the restaurant breakfast. Lounge would not have enough space to offer such varieties.

Often the restaurants have more choices for juices that include healthy versions and even self-made veggie/fruit juices with the power machines that would pulverize the whole thing into the liquid form hence a much healthier drink than just the juice itself. I have found much more choices of healthy smoothies in restaurants and very few or no smoothies in lounge, in all chains properties that have lounges. YMMV.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
on that point you are 100% correct

(and the lounge here is quite big

I've stated here several times and there's no smoked salmon or even mackerel available in the restaurant with their crazy selection of chairs)

Originally Posted by Happy
I have no idea what the JWM lounge/restaurant breakfasts are ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.