Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by FQ415
Aloft don't have buffet breakfast for now due to covid but the continental breakfast they serve is so lousy. LM will be better choice if you like to collect the Malin set. Just go out for breakfast.
Back from my LM staycation, upgraded from Superior to Deluxe room, collected a lot of the Malin set lol, and I took the breakfast inclusive rate since the difference was not that much
Old Aug 9, 2020, 6:42 am

Came across this piece of information while browsing skyscraper city :1st Courtyard by Marriott in Malaysia I assume since the one in Melaka might be few years away from completion
The new Courtyard by Marriott Setia Alam will be the 1st International Branded Hotel located in the middle of Commercial Hub of Setia Alam. Surrounded by renowed Convention Centres, Award Winning Setia City Mall, International School, Corporate Offices and so on.

The new Courtyard by Marriott Setia Alam will offer 300 stylishly comfortable rooms and suites that are designed to enable guests to seamlessly transition between work and relaxation. A range of dining options, including specialty restaurant, an all-day dining buffet restaurant, bar and lounge areas, and a grab-and-go counter, will provide guests with a wide offering of local and international favorites. Guests will also be able to maintain their fitness routines while on the road, with a fully-equipped fitness center, along with an outdoor swimming pool, complete with a sun deck. .

The new hotel will also cater to business travelers’ every need, with a state-of-the-art business center and multi-purpose event spaces -- including a 700sqm ballroom as well as 4 meeting rooms, perfect for hosting business meetings, functions and other special events.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by teo1991
Came across this piece of information while browsing skyscraper city :1st Courtyard by Marriott in Malaysia I assume since the one in Melaka might be few years away from completion
The new Courtyard by Marriott Setia Alam will be the 1st International Branded Hotel located in the middle of Commercial Hub of Setia Alam. Surrounded by renowed Convention Centres, Award Winning Setia City Mall, International School, Corporate Offices and so on.

The new Courtyard by Marriott Setia Alam will offer 300 stylishly comfortable rooms and suites that are designed to enable guests to seamlessly transition between work and relaxation. A range of dining options, including specialty restaurant, an all-day dining buffet restaurant, bar and lounge areas, and a grab-and-go counter, will provide guests with a wide offering of local and international favorites. Guests will also be able to maintain their fitness routines while on the road, with a fully-equipped fitness center, along with an outdoor swimming pool, complete with a sun deck. .

The new hotel will also cater to business travelers’ every need, with a state-of-the-art business center and multi-purpose event spaces -- including a 700sqm ballroom as well as 4 meeting rooms, perfect for hosting business meetings, functions and other special events.
No. First courtyard will be in Penang, opening in Sept. There is one courtyard under construction near old klang road too.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:12 pm

Looks like another Four Points opening in KL
Four Points KL City Centre opening in July 2021
location corner of Jalan Ampang
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...r-city-centre/
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The location of the new 4P doesn't look that appealing to me. Element, W and Aloft are still my favorite properties. YMMV
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by teo1991
Looks like another Four Points opening in KL
Four Points KL City Centre opening in July 2021
location corner of Jalan Ampang
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...r-city-centre/
This property used to be the "East Wing" of the currently operating Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur (West Wing), which recently completed its long overdue renovation of its public spaces (lobby and dining outlets) and guestrooms. The W Hotel Kuala Lumpur is only 400 meters away, a relaxing 5-minute walk along the tree lined street of Jalan Ampang.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any thoughts on Four Points Chinatown?
Old May 29, 2022, 12:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Le Méridien Petaling Jaya will start operations on 1st June.

Soft opening rate incl BF is RM349. Includes 1000 bonus points.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Le Méridien Petaling Jaya will start operations on 1st June.

Soft opening rate incl BF is RM349. Includes 1000 bonus points.
Thanks for the info, didn't know another new LM showing up but in all places Kelana Jaya, don't want to get caught up with rush hour plus LRT stations some distance away except it is next to a shopping mall (Paradigm mall).
Old May 30, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Giovan
This property used to be the "East Wing" of the currently operating Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur (West Wing), which recently completed its long overdue renovation of its public spaces (lobby and dining outlets) and guestrooms. The W Hotel Kuala Lumpur is only 400 meters away, a relaxing 5-minute walk along the tree lined street of Jalan Ampang.
The Four Points opening has been rescheduled to 2023. I'd hazard a guess it won't be until at least until Q2.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi, I am considering these few hotel in KL.

- Putrajaya Marriott - cheap redemption. It is Marriott so I suppose it will have a M Club. I know the location is far from anywhere
- Four point KL China Town - cheap redemption also. But this is FP. So there will be no lounge and may be suite upgrade is also limited. But location looks OK
- AC KL - cheap rate. Bur location is a but off (am I correct?). Not sure what to expect for AC. I think no lounge also.

My preference is with Putrajaya Marriott, but I read quite bad review about it. Has the hotel been improving or getting worse due to Covid-19?

appreciate any feedback

-
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by lingua101
Hi, I am considering these few hotel in KL.
- Four point KL China Town - cheap redemption also. But this is FP. So there will be no lounge and may be suite upgrade is also limited. But location looks OK
-
I'll be excited to try the FP Chinatown on my next visit. You won't need a lounge when there are so many cool bars and places to eat/chill in the area. The RexKL is just up the road has a groovy food court.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Alawyer
I'll be excited to try the FP Chinatown on my next visit. You won't need a lounge when there are so many cool bars and places to eat/chill in the area. The RexKL is just up the road has a groovy food court.
So it is quite goof location for FP Chinatown? Is it safe? I was told Petaling Street (aka Chinatown) is not safe. This hotel seems not really in Chinatown area.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lingua101
So it is quite goof location for FP Chinatown? Is it safe? I was told Petaling Street (aka Chinatown) is not safe. This hotel seems not really in Chinatown area.
Four Point Chinatown is quite safe and you would be amazed at how good their service for being a four point as they are pro-actively upgrading elites here based on my a lot experiences. You would also be getting points on top of the 2 welcome drink at their bar.

However be reminded they are usually quite on high occupancy and weekend would be a trouble for you to look for their parking.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:58 pm
soy

Programs: various
Will have a 24 hour layover in KL with the family (2 adults & 2 kids under 12).

Is the Aloft the best bet for a one night layover in KL, seems close to Sentral and rooms with 2 Queens available.
The other consideration is breakfast. Pre-covid Asian properties usually extended elite breakfast/lounge to the kids also, but its been a while so who knows current policy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.