Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 4:42 pm

I had a one night stay at Westin KL. No suite upgrade was given, even though they were still selling them. Given a room on a high floor with lounge access (quite nice evening spread) - but the problem was the outside construction noise that kept going past 9:30PM. I was on 30 something floor and heard it clearly. Has anyone experienced any noise issue?

I’d skip this hotel for my later stays this month.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by diablo77
How would you rank the locations if Singapore and Hong Kong were added?
Singapore at the way end. I like Singapore but prices are crazy high (900 Singapore dollars last week for the Westin). I've only stayed at Westin, Ritz and Str for Marriott family in Singapore. None are special.

HK. I like HK a lot and prices are reasonable for Marriotts. I go 6-12 times a year. But I prefer BKK for vacation as none of the HK hotels are absolutely spectacular and I spend so much time out and about anyway when In HK.

BKk-HK-KL-Seoul-Tokyo-Singapore probably
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 9:23 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
It's time for you to try China which aside from perhaps Thailand have the best Marriotts and Hyatts in the world in my experience
I really, really want to go to Shanghai and Beijing soon (especially Shanghai), but this seems more likely in 2024. The visa aspects seem to be somewhat challenging (and I would want to stay longer than 144 hours for the Transit rule - only 6 Marriotts - that's not enough!), and I think I would have to remain home for a bit in order to go through that process, and you all know how often I'm home ;-)
Old May 31, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I really, really want to go to Shanghai and Beijing soon (especially Shanghai), but this seems more likely in 2024. The visa aspects seem to be somewhat challenging (and I would want to stay longer than 144 hours for the Transit rule - only 6 Marriotts - that's not enough!), and I think I would have to remain home for a bit in order to go through that process, and you all know how often I'm home ;-)
Rule of thumb for China is to go to the newly built hotels. Ones 20 yrs old, even if renovated, are often crumbling. Even 8-10 yrs old is considered old. BJ and SH has a lot of these older types but other cities - equally awesome - have newer built ones. I typcially stay in 2nd to 3rd tier cities because the hotels are so awesome and I have homes in the tier 1s.

But Marriott and Hyatt do both have incredible properties in BJ and SH... And with high speed trains, you can get to other cities like Suzhou in 30 minutes (PH Suzhou is my favorite hotel. Been there about 70 nights in last year + just to rest. Going back there next week).
Old Jun 4, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
After completing my KL trip, here is my very subjective ranking of the properties I tried - as always, full reviews and photos are in the respective master threads:
  1. Le Meridien - fantastic service, amazing beds, 8 PM checkout, delicious breakfast
  2. Westin - great location, lovely lounge, very comfortable bed, great management staff
  3. St Regis - very comfortable, large suite with nice bed and shower, tasty breakfast
  4. Majestic - tasty breakfast, yummy evening snack benefit, unique historic design, comfortable room with character
  5. W - great bed, friendly staff, great views, breakfast could be improved
  6. JW - comfortable, somewhat messed up check in, breakfast could be better, great location, great shower
  7. Hotel Stripes - best onion rings, bed comfort could be improved, breakfast really needs improvement
  8. Sheraton Imperial - disfuncitonal service, poor AC, nice bed, decent breakfast
Old Jun 4, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
ElevatorEnthusiast thanks for your ranking. I have stayed at the Majestic and the JW Marriott, and I wandered through the Ritz Carlton next door to the JW. I was skeptical that the daily price for the Majestic could be a reasonable price for a fancy hotel but I was wrong. I love the location of the Majestic near the park and the many tourist attractions within the park which is in walking distance from the Majestic. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Majestic. I would be happy to return to either hotel, but I think I might try the Le Meridien given the reviews on FT.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
After completing my KL trip, here is my very subjective ranking of the properties I tried - as always, full reviews and photos are in the respective master threads:
  1. Le Meridien - fantastic service, amazing beds, 8 PM checkout, delicious breakfast
  2. Westin - great location, lovely lounge, very comfortable bed, great management staff
  3. St Regis - very comfortable, large suite with nice bed and shower, tasty breakfast
  4. Majestic - tasty breakfast, yummy evening snack benefit, unique historic design, comfortable room with character
  5. W - great bed, friendly staff, great views, breakfast could be improved
  6. JW - comfortable, somewhat messed up check in, breakfast could be better, great location, great shower
  7. Hotel Stripes - best onion rings, bed comfort could be improved, breakfast really needs improvement
  8. Sheraton Imperial - disfuncitonal service, poor AC, nice bed, decent breakfast
Have you taken the cost of the night into this ranking?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Have you taken the cost of the night into this ranking?
Not really - I would not consider any of them necessarily "expensive" - but the St Regis obviously prices higher on average. My opinion is that the Le Meridien and Westin management tried a lot to be hospitable, which slots them above.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Yep, the price and not going above program terms is what makes me hesitant for Tokyo - have stayed at the LC Prince Gallery and got a huge suite upgrade and LC access. Iiked it a lot but that was under Starwood days before CL access was cut as a benefit.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Miyako which I didn't like because of location. Basically, for Tokyo I go wherever clients put me.

My order is the same as yours. Only might do KL before Seoul because they're so cheap. My Seoul ones are ok with W, Sheraton Walker Hill and Sheraton D Cube gone. Weston is old for me and I don't like the JWs. My favorite is probably Aloft because it's so cheap and the location great.
Seoul Marriotts have gotten expensive and stingy with Elite benefits/upgrades. Most of them are not really great destinations either. I'm with you in putting tourist dollars into BKK or KL.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:17 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
If you were to rank a Bonvoy hotel in KL based on SNA generosity and quality of pool, what would it look like?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by smes
If you were to rank a Bonvoy hotel in KL based on SNA generosity and quality of pool, what would it look like?
Not sure about Suite night awards, but the pool at the Le Meridien has a much larger lounging area, a nearby bar and restaurant, longer opening hours, the best views over the city as the pool is situated much higher up, and even a water slide. The Le Meridien shares the pool with the next door Hilton hotel.

Pools at the Westin, JW Mariott, and Ritz Carlton are also outdoors, but close earlier in the evening, without any views, with less outdoor space, no restaurant nearby, and finally have no water slide.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Not sure about Suite night awards, but the pool at the Le Meridien has a much larger lounging area, a nearby bar and restaurant, longer opening hours, the best views over the city as the pool is situated much higher up, and even a water slide. The Le Meridien shares the pool with the next door Hilton hotel.

Pools at the Westin, JW Mariott, and Ritz Carlton are also outdoors, but close earlier in the evening, without any views, with less outdoor space, no restaurant nearby, and finally have no water slide.
What do you mean, no restaurant nearby? These three hotels are all in Bukit Bintang, which is the Times Square of Malaysia. There are tons of restaurants in the area. Jalan Alor alone is one of the most famous street food districts in all of SEA.
pablos likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Norexan
What do you mean, no restaurant nearby? These three hotels are all in Bukit Bintang, which is the Times Square of Malaysia. There are tons of restaurants in the area. Jalan Alor alone is one of the most famous street food districts in all of SEA.
I assumed the OP was referring to the proximity of a F&B outlet to the pools to conveniently get poolside drinks or snacks because the rest of the list refers to, and indeed the original question was about, the attributes of the hotels' pools rather than the location of the hotels themselves.
est-gratuite and Norexan like this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Norexan
It means a place to eat right next to the pool, without ever leaving the pool area.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:24 am

The east tower of the Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel & Convention Centre has been renovated and rebranded as the Four Points by Sheraton Kuala Lumpur, City Centre.

The west tower remains the Renaissance, it's now a dual-branded property, sharing facilities in the low-rise connecting podium structure.

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou.../41010328.html

Based on this video, they still share many facilities, including the pool deck:

est-gratuite likes this.

Last edited by James Luckard; Nov 21, 2023 at 1:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.