Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I'm going to both. Not that it really matters to my Q....
Sorry, don't know of a laundromat from personal experience, but I found the following link that may be helpful:

http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-..._Hokkaido.html

I have found the best luck by contacting the hotels I am staying at and just asking. On the few times they have told me about their in-house laundry service, I just said the truth... I'm not on an expense account and can't afford it.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Thanks for digging that up. ^
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:58 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Lots of knowledge at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...dry-japan.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:14 am

Doh! Didn't think of searching the Japan forum on that. Thanks.

After perusing that thread, I found this: http://www.wash-fold.com/

Last edited by Braindrain; Jan 10, 2011 at 12:28 am
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM; QF PS; SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Another Q.

I'll be spending a few days here, then a jaunt up to Osaka/Sapporo, then back down for about a week.

Does anyone know of any full-service laudromats nearby?
There's a laundromat fairly close by, but I don't know if it's full service - I've only been there around 9-10pm and it was unattended then. Short walk from the hotel, walk out to the street turn left and walk up the hill (in the same direction the shuttle takes to Meguro station). Shortly after you go past the seven eleven/similar type store on the otherside of the road, you turn left again and about a 100m down the lane there's a laundromat. It's extremely interesting to see the varying architecture of the apartments on this street.
The concierge at the hotel told me how to get there so I'm sure they'll be able to help you too.

Can't remember if the stores are before or after shirokanedai station (btw, I recommend going to Meguro or catching a taxi to Shinagawa/Ebisu etc. Shirokanedai is in my experience a difficult station).

Great hotel, beautiful garden, and excellent rates (for Tokyo). The Westin Ebisu (very close) is by western standards maybe more elegant, but the Sheraton Miyako is a far more friendly hotel. I particularly recommend staying there during the Autumn months when the historic garden is at it's best.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:54 am

Thanks, I'll be sure to walk by to take a look.

I'd prefer the Westin too, but am waiting for it to back down to a Cat 5.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Getting to the hotel

I will be on a flight scheduled to arrive at Haneda at 10:35PM, and it appears the last limousine bus leaves at 11:30PM. Assuming the flight is on schedule, is there any chance I can clear immigration/customs, retrieve my bags, etc., and catch the bus?

If not, what is the next best way to get to the Sheraton Miyako?

It appears that one could take the Keikyu line to Shinagawa, then the JR Yamanote line to Meguro, then the Namboku or Mita lines to Shirokanedai. Is this correct? If so, how late do these trains run?

If at all possible I would like to avoid a 5,000 yen cab ride.

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by Izzy24
I will be on a flight scheduled to arrive at Haneda at 10:35PM, and it appears the last limousine bus leaves at 11:30PM. Assuming the flight is on schedule, is there any chance I can clear immigration/customs, retrieve my bags, etc., and catch the bus?

It appears that one could take the Keikyu line to Shinagawa, then the JR Yamanote line to Meguro, then the Namboku or Mita lines to Shirokanedai. Is this correct? If so, how late do these trains run?

Thanks!
I seldom take limousine buses as I prefer the faster trains so can't help you on that.

As for trains, yes, you are correct about the route. For Keikyu line there are trains at 12am and the JR Yamanote last train is around 1am. As for the Mita line I don't think they run that late but you can always take a taxi from Meguro to the hotel which should be quite cheap. For more information on schedules you can look it up at http://www.hyperdia.com/
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Izzy24

Thanks!
Take a cab from Shinagawa once you get off Keikyu Line. It's only 800-900 yen, and much easier than going through Meguro/Shiroganedai + 5 min walk to the hotel.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:33 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by FlyMan
Take a cab from Shinagawa once you get off Keikyu Line. It's only 800-900 yen, and much easier than going through Meguro/Shiroganedai + 5 min walk to the hotel.
I agree with the comment above.
I do not recommend to connect Yamanote and Nanboku.
Just take a taxi from Shinagawa.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Thanks everyone.

I shall do the Keikyu/taxi from Shinagawa route.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
Hotel advice

Going to tokyo for the first time for a quick fri-tue weekend trip. Debating between the Sheraton Miyako or Westin Tokyo. The Sheraton would be on a cash rate of $210/night (No C&P available) and the Westin due to price will have to be C&P $150+8K point/night.

Which hotel has a better location (couple on vacation) for transport/tourism options?

Flying into Narita, seems like the (Nex/Suica card is my best option). Flying out of HND on the dreaded AA 6:40am flight, any suggestions? Take the last bus/train and spend the night at the terminal or take a cab (approx cost?)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
The Westin would be a better option as it is in a nicer location. The only place that is near Sheraton Miyako is Happo en which while nice is usually somewhere you visit only when getting married (or attending a wedding). Plus rooms are just too dated compared to Westin.

As for your flight out I would recommend you either:
A) Take the last bus/train and wait in the lounge
B) Find a budget hotel nearer to the airport then take a taxi there.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by kitsura
The Westin would be a better option as it is in a nicer location. The only place that is near Sheraton Miyako is Happo en which while nice is usually somewhere you visit only when getting married (or attending a wedding). Plus rooms are just too dated compared to Westin
I'd actually have to disagree somewat with the rooms are dated comment. The lower level rooms do have the dated feeling to them but found that those on the 6th floor and up are much nicer. I've stayed there a few times for work and found them to be very nice. I've visited the Westin Tokyo but haven't ever stayed there. I prefer the Miyako due to it's convenience to our office in Japan and the Japanese garden in the back is insanely nice. Looking out your room you can almost forget you're in a huge metropolis. There are quite a few places to eat but they're a good 2-3 blocks away. The shuttle to the Meguro station is also nice if you've got to travel by subway or a couple other stations are also within easy walking distance.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Plan to stay at Sheraton Miyako next month. I'll be coming from Shinjuku via Yamanote Line to Meguro. Few posts back had a comment about not recommend transfer to metro lines (Namboku or Mita lines) at Meguro and walk to the hotel. I am wondering if the Sheraton shuttle will take me to the hotel? If so, how frequent is the shuttle and where to wait for it? Or it is better just take a taxi from Meguro to the hotel. Thanks for information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.