Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Stayed here for 3 nights (on 2 stays) last week. On the first stay, I was given the refurbished rooms - everything was new (including LCD TV, bathroom and desk). On my second stay, I was given a slightly larger room with 3 single beds (I had 3 people with me then), but with older style rooms (CRT TV and older bathroom). All rooms faced the Japanese garden.

Location was great - 5-10 minutes walk to Shirokanedai subway station and a shuttle bus to Meguro station every 15 minutes (earlier morning bus goes to Shinagawa).

For anyone who is interested: cab fare from Shinogawa (just in case you are using the Shinkansen or Narita Express and have a few pieces of suitcases), taxi fare was about ¥800-900.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by nov11
Location was great - 5-10 minutes walk to Shirokanedai subway station and a shuttle bus to Meguro station every 15 minutes (earlier morning bus goes to Shinagawa).
I wouldn't call the location great with no 24-hr combini nearby and not within walking distance of the JR line.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:14 pm

If we have luggage, will we be allowed to go on the shuttle bus in the morning to go to shinagawa station?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
If we have luggage, will we be allowed to go on the shuttle bus in the morning to go to shinagawa station?
From what I know yes.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by kitsura
From what I know yes.

Yes, not a problem. I just returned from a stay at that hotel.

I would prefer that the shuttle operate to the Shinagawa Station at all times, as that is a better station than Meguru. Shinagawa offers direct trains to both NRT and HND, and is a Shinkansen stop/terminal (for some trains). Meguru doesn't have these types of connections.

Of course, the former Starwood hotel across the street from Shinagawa Station was even better. No shuttle needed.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by yeunganson
I got this figured out the last time I stayed with help of front desk staff.

Any non-upgraded room that has 2 beds have the LCD TV and DVD player. The upgraded rooms don't and stuck with the tube.

Their business center has old machines too. I gave a letter to the manager on advice to improve the situation. So I'll be returning this September to see if anything improved.

As of last weekend, the business center (off the front desk) still has two wheezing PCs. At least it is free of charge.

I was on a 8F room (also offered one on 9F) which was upgraded with flat screen TV. 8F room had flat screen tv mounted inside old chunky TV cabinet, 9F room had FSTV set on long desk. Both had semi rehabbed bathrooms (counters yes, tubs no). No DVD player in either room.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Globehopper
Yes, not a problem. I just returned from a stay at that hotel.

I would prefer that the shuttle operate to the Shinagawa Station at all times, as that is a better station than Meguru. Shinagawa offers direct trains to both NRT and HND, and is a Shinkansen stop/terminal (for some trains). Meguru doesn't have these types of connections.

Of course, the former Starwood hotel across the street from Shinagawa Station was even better. No shuttle needed.
Of course in that case you would might want to stay at Yokohama Bay Sheraton. Better location, better rooms and better view.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:23 am

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
For those who don't stray into the TR sub-forum, have just filed one that gives a full review of the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo.

Overall, this property was astoundingly good. Service was almost flawless, rooms were of a good size, well presented, and check-in was painless. Food service was top notch, with high quality product and reasonable selections.

Full review available at the following link:
Asia 2010 - Chapter 7 – Sheraton Miyako Tokyo - Blogs - The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Anyone know how much taxi would be between Haneda and the Miyako Tokyo?

I'm thinking in on flying through one of the new HND slots but the flight arrives after midnight.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:14 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Anyone know how much taxi would be between Haneda and the Miyako Tokyo?

I'm thinking in on flying through one of the new HND slots but the flight arrives after midnight.
I took a taxi from Miyako to Haneda a year ago.
I forgot exactly how much I paid, but it should be around 5,000-6,000 yen without using highway.
After midnight, it takes about 25 - 30 minutes.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:49 pm

Thanks for the info! ^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by thewinchester
For those who don't stray into the TR sub-forum, have just filed one that gives a full review of the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo.

Overall, this property was astoundingly good. Service was almost flawless, rooms were of a good size, well presented, and check-in was painless. Food service was top notch, with high quality product and reasonable selections.

Full review available at the following link:
Asia 2010 - Chapter 7 – Sheraton Miyako Tokyo - Blogs - The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community
This poster has a spot on review in detail. I suppose a 2 bedded room is larger than a king, his certainly looks larger than the one I got, but I think I made this hotel sound crappy from my comments and it really isn't.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:14 pm

Another Q.

I'll be spending a few days here, then a jaunt up to Osaka/Sapporo, then back down for about a week.

Does anyone know of any full-service laudromats nearby?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I'll be spending a few days here, then a jaunt up to Osaka/Sapporo, then back down for about a week.
Osaka/Sapporo? Isn't Osaka like 800 miles from Sapporo?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:00 am

I'm going to both. Not that it really matters to my Q....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.