Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Do they ask for Passports for all guests who are going to occupy the room?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
Do they ask for Passports for all guests who are going to occupy the room?
All the hotels we stayed at during the past two weeks in Japan including the Miyako Sheraton asked for our passports and made photocopies.

I again would like to echo the caring service we received at this hotel just this past Monday. We had the hotel make reservations at a Sushi Restaurant on the other side of Tokyo through emails from home before we left for Japan. When we checked in, we were presented a photocopy of a map of the few blocks around the Sushi Bar where the conceirge had made reservations, and a hand drawn map of the JR connections required including the time between getting on and off each train, and the total amount of yen required for the trip. Little things like this really made a difference for us.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 6:40 am

I'll be staying at the Sheraton next week and am coming into town by train. I plan to get off at the Meguro stop and catch the shuttle to the hotel. Is the shuttle easy to spot and where does it pick up? Also, does anyone know if the Meguro stop has elevators? I have one rather large piece of luggage. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, AA CK, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, KAL MC, Hyatt Globalist, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aimlessflyer
I'll be staying at the Sheraton next week and am coming into town by train. I plan to get off at the Meguro stop and catch the shuttle to the hotel. Is the shuttle easy to spot and where does it pick up? Also, does anyone know if the Meguro stop has elevators? I have one rather large piece of luggage. Thanks.
Meguro station has elevators. When you exit make a right and then a right again when you exit the station building. The hotel shuttle will depart right there in front of the station food court.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by aimlessflyer
I suspect that the Meguro station has an elevator as they have escalators. Meguro Station is relatively small so that if you get lost you can recover in 1 minute or less. When you arrive at the ground level of Meguro Station and come up the escalators, you can go either left or right. One of the directions takes you out to street level without any steps, and this is the direction you do not want to go. Instead, go the other direction to where there are a number of steps (perhaps 8-10) leading to the street. Just as you come to the steps, make a right and go inside the shop to the front of the shop, wheeling your luggage behind people eating at the counter. As you come out of the shop, then make a left and go down the ramp. The bus stop should be right in front of you. If you do not see the bus, wait about 5 minutes and it will come by and load passengers at the curb. The bus stop is the first parking place along the curb, as the bus turns right into the street along Meguro Station. I think there are generic (non-Sheraton) signs. The driver will help you with the luggage. If you see a few people waiting for what might be a bus, you can ask them if you are at the place where the Sheraton Miyako bus parks.
Have fun!!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG-PLT
Free shuttle bus is available from Meguro Station East-Gate,

leaving every 15 minutes. (it takes about 5min)

【Time Table (from Meguro)】

first 10:30 final 22:00
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:51 pm

How do I get to the hotel from NRT? I am a gold member and staying for a week in Nov. Can I ask for upgrade?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Originally Posted by aktamucsd
How do I get to the hotel from NRT? I am a gold member and staying for a week in Nov. Can I ask for upgrade?
One of the airport limousine buses have this as the stop. Just ask at the counter...when you buy your ticket, they used to offer a combined ticket for JR or the subway...not sure if they still do. it was only a few dollars more
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Here is the schedule for the Airport Limousine bus from Narita:

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/2/36
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by aktamucsd
Fastest: Take the NEX and stop at Shinagawa then change to Meguro and take the free shuttle bus from there.
Easiest: Take the Airport Limousine all the way from NRT.

Gold usually won't get upgrade. Anyway this hotel doesn't have that fantastic upgrade options. As a plat I only got upgraded from a regular twin to a superior twin room.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Currently at the hotel and found the descriptions how to find the shuttle very useful, thanks for that.

I am not very impressed by the rooms. Received a corner room on the 9th floor (had booked superior on upper floor, so not sure if there is an upgrade involved). The room looks worn, especially the bathroom (tub/shower with a curtain....huaaaaaahhhh...) though they say this is newly renovated. There are pictures on their website that show rooms with newer bathrooms, not sure if those exist. I did ask and they said it does not get newer than what I have.

The drinks until 8pm are a very nice and generous touch, but I had just stayed at the Hyatt regency, at a similar price tag this is the muuuuch better hotel in my opinion. I would probably not come back here as a modern bathroom, that leaves a clean impression, is important for me.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
One of the nights I was there I had a bathroom with clear tape used to cover a broken tile. I think the hotel must have fallen on hard times to be unable to afford to fix 1 broken tile.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:32 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kitsura
Gold usually won't get upgrade. Anyway this hotel doesn't have that fantastic upgrade options. As a plat I only got upgraded from a regular twin to a superior twin room.
They have suites (2?) and I was upgraded to one once but it doesn't happen often.

Originally Posted by kitsura
One of the nights I was there I had a bathroom with clear tape used to cover a broken tile. I think the hotel must have fallen on hard times to be unable to afford to fix 1 broken tile.
The overall condition of the hotel isn't that great for Tokyo standards.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
They have suites (2?) and I was upgraded to one once but it doesn't happen often.

The overall condition of the hotel isn't that great for Tokyo standards.
I agree with you . If you ( or your company can afford it) , head for the Westin. You won't regret it .
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Quick update as I just checked in again today: Their Executive Suites apparently do feature new bathrooms, but are excluded from Plat upgrades. I had booked a superior for tonight and was not upgraded. I do not think it makes any sense to book anything other than the cheapest room here, as Plats always seem to be ending up with whatever is available just below the suites, independent of category booked (as reported, there appear to be some rare lucky punches for a suite).

Personally I will not stay here again until they either change bathrooms or upgrade policy, despite some nice and rather unusual Plat benefits (drinks during the day, choice of breakfast). This place is just too worn out for me...esp. bathrooms but also 100 years old TV, etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.