Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo and Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka Will Welcome Guests

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Sheraton Accelerates Its Growth in Asia, Adding Two New Hotels in Japan
Wednesday March 14, 9:00 am ET
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo and Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka Will Welcome Guests to Two of Japan's Most Prominent Cities

SINGAPORE & WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT - News) today announces the openings of two new Sheraton hotels in Japan under a franchise agreement with Kintetsu Hotel Systems, Inc., the hotel operating division of Kintetsu Corporation. The Miyako Tokyo Hotel will be re-flagged as the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, providing 492 rooms and ample meeting facilities in one of Tokyo's busiest neighborhoods. The Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka, previously known as the Miyako Osaka Hotel, will offer 575 rooms to guests visiting Osaka, Japan's second largest city and one of its most important industrial centers. Both hotels will be re-flagged in April 2007.

The addition of these two new hotels highlights Sheraton hotel's commitment to growing its brand presence in Asia, further accelerating Starwood's ongoing global expansion. Starwood currently operates 14 hotels and resorts in Japan under the Le Meridien, Sheraton and Westin brand portfolios.

Press Release
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
Arrow Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

I will be spending a few nights at this hotel at the end of the month. I would welcome some feedback on what others have experienced at this hotel. One of the other threads indicated that all of the rooms have complimentary in room internet? Is this still the case? What are upgrades like at this property when staying on points? Any store suggestions in the area?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Andrew14302
I will be spending a few nights at this hotel at the end of the month. I would welcome some feedback on what others have experienced at this hotel. One of the other threads indicated that all of the rooms have complimentary in room internet? Is this still the case? What are upgrades like at this property when staying on points? Any store suggestions in the area?

Thanks in advance!
Internet is wired but free.

I would not expect any upgrades as a Plat here except for complimentary breakfast and drinks in the lounge with a card they will give you upon check-in
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:54 am

I was there in the middle of the October for 2 nights. As Plat you'll receive: Upgrade to Premier Room (Slightly larger), drink coupon, breakfast voucher, spa passes. The internet was down for a night when I was there and when I dialed the hotel, they had to transfer my call few times to find someone who can actually understand the English (and the problem). This hotel is a problem if ur taking the JR line, it is a solid 10 mins walk! But for the price that i paid (C&P), I have nothing to complain.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
Trip Report: Sheraton Miyako Tokyo

Quick report on a recent trip to Tokyo and stay at this property. I stayed at this property using a 5 night award. Not the most convenient tourist location in Tokyo, but the hotel stay was amazing. 28.000 starpoints for 5 nights is an awesome value at this property, especially if you are a Plat.

As a Plat, received complimentary cooked breakfast each morning for 2 in the hotel restaurant and had access to their lobby lounge for unlimited drinks from 10am-8pm each day of my visit. The drink menu included premium beverages (12 year old scotch is not normally included as a complimentary beverage) as well as well as cocktails. Very nice touch and treatment of a Plat guest to provide this all day benefit. The room was standard size but internet service was no additional charge and there was an in room safe.

The hotel has a shuttle that runs to one of two train stations every day from about 7:30am till 10:00pm every 15 minutes that run like clockwork. (Shinagawa until about 10am and Meguro for the rest of the day until 10pm). Both stations sit on the JR Yamanote line and can get you to all the main tourist locations in Tokyo for under Y250.

Restaurants at the hotel are quite pricey, but we found a great local restaurant around the corner had a set menu for 2 people that cost only Y4500 with so much food you couldn't eat it all in one sitting. There are also two supermarkets about a 5-7 minute walk away which are near to the closest Tokyo Metro station (Shirokanadei). There are also a number of coffee shops and a 100 Yen store in the same area. The "Tokyu" supermarket does 50% off sushi after 9pm.

Great "conveyor belt" sushi restaurant at Meguro (plates are Y120-Y580 depending on what you choose). There is also a noodle palce that cost Y800-Y1200 per person. There is also a Wendys and Mcdonalds in the square in front of the station.

The Airport Limousine bus costs Y3000 from this property and takes about 90 minutes. A one transfer train connection goes JR Yamonote line Meguro to Ueno with a transfer to the Kansei Narita Express and costs a total of Y1250 per person. Travel time is approximately 1hr and 45 minutes.

I would highly recommend this property and will definitely consider for my next visit to Tokyo.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:11 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I stayed there twice in the past week. I thought it was ok, but not nearly as great as the OP thought.

Both stays were C&P. First stay was 4 nights. We were supposedly upgraded, but the room was pretty small. The bed was right up against a wall on one side. There was free Internet, but this was the case regardless of status.

Oh, there was an enormous line at check-in (first stay), but no Gold/Plat line.

Daily breakfast was nice, but got very boring after a day or two. You could choose from 4 "sets" in the restaurant. I am not complaining... it just got very boring.

Lack of a lounge is an issue here. They invite Plats for drinks (the restricted menu referenced above) in the Bamboo lounge in the lobby. On two occasions, we were told there would be a wait of 15+ minutes for a table, and we gave up. One of those times, the hostess was kind enough to give me a coke and some of the packaged cookies they serve to bring up to my fiancee, who was feeling ill. The free drinks end at 8pm, which coincides with the introduction of 900 Yen fee for the jazz trio that plays there.

The hotel concierge was very good (one of them in particular, tho I forget her name). They went out of their way to help us with dinner reservations, even calling and emailing us in Kyoto with updates. Don't take their local (Meguro) restaurant recommendations, however. Those restaurants are pretty banal. Better to venture into other areas of Tokyo to appreciate dinner.

The free shuttle to the metro was great, and you could set your clock to the timing. Departed hotel every 15 minutes. You could go to Meguro, but they'd also drop you off at the closer stop, Shirokanadei, which might make more sense based on your destination. Return trip was only from Meguro. Before 10am, the shuttle goes instead to Shinagawa.

On our second stay, we were given a slightly more spacious room, but not a suite upgrade or anything.

The "Friendly Airport Limo" was fast and convenient, and costs 3,000 Yen pp. Our Sunday return to NRT took well under 90 minutes door to door. While the NRT Express might sometimes be a bit faster, it is nice to get on at the hotel and get off at the terminal, and vice versa.

Overall, a good value for C&P, but I didn't consider the Plat treatment to be extraordinary.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Sheraton Miyako Tokyo Award: 3 to a room?

I am trying to book an award stay for me and two friends to the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo for December. I called SPG today because the website would only let me select 2 people, not three. He said he couldn't select 3 either.

What would happen if all three of us showed up to stay in the room (its a room with 2 single beds)?

I'm trying to get in before the rate increase goes in effect March 4, I appreciate the help as this is my first ever hotel award booking.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:59 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
From SPG T&C:

"9.2. Free Nights Awards.

“Free Night Awards” are each valid for one free night, single and/or double standard room only occupancy"

You will have to pay the extra person charge which varies by hotel. I would contact the hotel directly to know if they allow the extra guest and the charge.

Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
I am trying to book an award stay for me and two friends to the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo for December. I called SPG today because the website would only let me select 2 people, not three. He said he couldn't select 3 either.

What would happen if all three of us showed up to stay in the room (its a room with 2 single beds)?

I'm trying to get in before the rate increase goes in effect March 4, I appreciate the help as this is my first ever hotel award booking.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:30 am

Definitely agree with the prior poster - contact the hotel directly. When we were in Tokyo a year and a half ago, the Westin allowed us to have 4 in a room. Not sure of the Sheraton.

Some hotels do have rooms that accomodate a family but these don't seem to show up on the online award booking pages. Before the new website, the room types would all show up including displaying the max occupancy for each room type. The Westin in Kyoto is one of the hotels where they have rooms that can accomodate 4 but you need to call to request this type of room.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
I stayed there with three to a room last December; no problem, as long as you select the double bed option. I kept the two friends away from the front desk while I was checking in, though.

Great hotel, nice location, and one of the best Starpoint values I've had -- so of course it's changing category! Not to take this too far into OMNI, but the Japanese have a very different attitude towards foreigners than we do.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:22 am

How did you stay 5 nights for 28,000 points? Some nights lower than others? Now it is 7,000 per night?

Quick report on a recent trip to Tokyo and stay at this property. I stayed at this property using a 5 night award. Not the most convenient tourist location in Tokyo, but the hotel stay was amazing. 28.000 starpoints for 5 nights is an awesome value at this property, especially if you are a Plat.

As a Plat, received complimentary cooked breakfast each morning for 2 in the hotel restaurant and had access to their lobby lounge for unlimited drinks from 10am-8pm each day of my visit. The drink menu included premium beverages (12 year old scotch is not normally included as a complimentary beverage) as well as well as cocktails. Very nice touch and treatment of a Plat guest to provide this all day benefit. The room was standard size but internet service was no additional charge and there was an in room safe.

The hotel has a shuttle that runs to one of two train stations every day from about 7:30am till 10:00pm every 15 minutes that run like clockwork. (Shinagawa until about 10am and Meguro for the rest of the day until 10pm). Both stations sit on the JR Yamanote line and can get you to all the main tourist locations in Tokyo for under Y250.

Restaurants at the hotel are quite pricey, but we found a great local restaurant around the corner had a set menu for 2 people that cost only Y4500 with so much food you couldn't eat it all in one sitting. There are also two supermarkets about a 5-7 minute walk away which are near to the closest Tokyo Metro station (Shirokanadei). There are also a number of coffee shops and a 100 Yen store in the same area. The "Tokyu" supermarket does 50% off sushi after 9pm.

Great "conveyor belt" sushi restaurant at Meguro (plates are Y120-Y580 depending on what you choose). There is also a noodle palce that cost Y800-Y1200 per person. There is also a Wendys and Mcdonalds in the square in front of the station.

The Airport Limousine bus costs Y3000 from this property and takes about 90 minutes. A one transfer train connection goes JR Yamonote line Meguro to Ueno with a transfer to the Kansei Narita Express and costs a total of Y1250 per person. Travel time is approximately 1hr and 45 minutes.

I would highly recommend this property and will definitely consider for my next visit to Tokyo.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by best
How did you stay 5 nights for 28,000 points? Some nights lower than others? Now it is 7,000 per night?
stay 4, get 1 free at 7000 x 4 = 28,000

On March 4, 2008, this property will go up to cat 4

10,000 a night.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:29 am

Andrew and other posters: how to find the good restaurant mentioned for two persons for Y4,500: when you exit the Miyako: to the right, or the left?; around the corner means turning into side street?: name? : how many meters from front door of Miyako?

Last edited by best; Mar 8, 2008 at 4:35 pm
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:54 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
It looks like my wife and I may be spending 6-7 weeks in Tokyo this summer. Although a serviced apartment might make sense I won't find it easy to earn points or miles that way. So, how good/bad would it be to stay at this property for some/most of that time? My office is in Shibuya but I like riding the trains. My wife is mostly interested in relaxing with a book and swimming. A property with a lounge would be better of course but the Westin is too far above what a serviced apartment would cost. Any comments are appreciated.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
You will have to check out every 30 days to earn points and credits in SPG.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
It looks like my wife and I may be spending 6-7 weeks in Tokyo this summer. Although a serviced apartment might make sense I won't find it easy to earn points or miles that way. So, how good/bad would it be to stay at this property for some/most of that time? My office is in Shibuya but I like riding the trains. My wife is mostly interested in relaxing with a book and swimming. A property with a lounge would be better of course but the Westin is too far above what a serviced apartment would cost. Any comments are appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.