FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:22 am
best

How did you stay 5 nights for 28,000 points? Some nights lower than others? Now it is 7,000 per night?

Originally Posted by Andrew14302
Quick report on a recent trip to Tokyo and stay at this property. I stayed at this property using a 5 night award. Not the most convenient tourist location in Tokyo, but the hotel stay was amazing. 28.000 starpoints for 5 nights is an awesome value at this property, especially if you are a Plat.

As a Plat, received complimentary cooked breakfast each morning for 2 in the hotel restaurant and had access to their lobby lounge for unlimited drinks from 10am-8pm each day of my visit. The drink menu included premium beverages (12 year old scotch is not normally included as a complimentary beverage) as well as well as cocktails. Very nice touch and treatment of a Plat guest to provide this all day benefit. The room was standard size but internet service was no additional charge and there was an in room safe.

The hotel has a shuttle that runs to one of two train stations every day from about 7:30am till 10:00pm every 15 minutes that run like clockwork. (Shinagawa until about 10am and Meguro for the rest of the day until 10pm). Both stations sit on the JR Yamanote line and can get you to all the main tourist locations in Tokyo for under Y250.

Restaurants at the hotel are quite pricey, but we found a great local restaurant around the corner had a set menu for 2 people that cost only Y4500 with so much food you couldn't eat it all in one sitting. There are also two supermarkets about a 5-7 minute walk away which are near to the closest Tokyo Metro station (Shirokanadei). There are also a number of coffee shops and a 100 Yen store in the same area. The "Tokyu" supermarket does 50% off sushi after 9pm.

Great "conveyor belt" sushi restaurant at Meguro (plates are Y120-Y580 depending on what you choose). There is also a noodle palce that cost Y800-Y1200 per person. There is also a Wendys and Mcdonalds in the square in front of the station.

The Airport Limousine bus costs Y3000 from this property and takes about 90 minutes. A one transfer train connection goes JR Yamonote line Meguro to Ueno with a transfer to the Kansei Narita Express and costs a total of Y1250 per person. Travel time is approximately 1hr and 45 minutes.

I would highly recommend this property and will definitely consider for my next visit to Tokyo.