Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by bdraco
Had another fantastic stay here last week. The service was outstanding. Be sure to get a room on one of the higher renovated floors and you will have a completely difference experience on the lower ones.
In Japan, it often depends on many factors and it is to say that many hotels are in a desolate shape. Needless to say that also language barriers can be a reason for several misunderstandings. Also kindly mind that Japanese people don't like the "loud and big" American, they prefer the "humble and honest" hotel guest. All this can make a hotel experience significantly different to each of us. Finally, I am happy that you liked your stay at the Japanese capital. Hope to see you in Osaka!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:02 pm

Award stay--- get Plat upgrades and compl breakfast /drinks?

Do they differentiate between pay vs Award benefits?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
No, same bennies regardless of method booked. This is true of any SPG hotel.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
Does anyone know if this hotel will allow 2 parents + 2 kids (one is 2 years, the other is 3 months) to stay in one room? I'd heard that some Japan hotels are pretty strict about 2 people per room.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Your best bet is to contact them directly. However, even as a Plat, the "Deluxe" room I got only had a single King bed. We had them bring in a crib (which would fail most Canada/US standards, BTW) and it was a pretty tight fit. I'm not sure how you're going to fit all those people in there.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed here for a week in Jan and got upgraded to a larger room. Despite this, I thought the room was small even for 2 people (With 2 medium sized luggage bags) so you may struggle with 2 adults + 2 kids..
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:58 am

What rooms are renovated? They are telling me my room on the 7th floor is, but frankly it's a dump. The oldest shower I have ever seen in a Japanese hotel. I'll probably never come back here.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by luna6
The few people that work the first floor / entrance area never help with suitcases which really peeved me off.
Just goes to show how people like different things. To me, this is much nicer than the (far too many) employees who practically try to force their services on you. This is more of a problem in places like the U.S. where they then expect a tip, but it happens to some extent everywhere.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
I'm highly disappointed that Starwood only has 2 hotels in all of Tokyo =/
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jammanxc
I'm highly disappointed that Starwood only has 2 hotels in all of Tokyo
They have three, just like Hilton.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I just returned from 2 stays there. Breakfast buffet in Shisen is 2415 yen. An alternative is the California Cafe, which offers a more normal menu and lower prices.

There really aren't any coffee shops nearby. You'd have to hop on the free shuttle to Shinagawa station (if you're leaving 10 am or before) which has the large mall right in front of it with tons of cafes. They're usually pretty reasonable. If you're leaving after 10am, the shuttle goes to Meguro station which has far fewer cafes (at least from what I could see). There's a Jonathan's close by which is a Denny's equivalent.
There is a Starbucks 5 mins walk away
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we stayed in nov 2014. 3days 5 days elsewhere and 3 days back. the rooms were plenty big enough for 2, extremely clean, and modern, the bathrooms were fine(had those strange powered toilets). non smoking floor. smoke smells on the smoking floors, none on our floors. the general hired help did not speak english(or french), but were excellent. the concierges were even better than their reputations. front desk gets backed up, but they pull extra people to assist. luggage was well handled. they stored a bag for us when we did nara/kyoto.

these comments from others do not sound like the hotel in which we stayed.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by slawecki
we stayed in nov 2014. 3days 5 days elsewhere and 3 days back. the rooms were plenty big enough for 2, extremely clean, and modern, the bathrooms were fine(had those strange powered toilets). non smoking floor. smoke smells on the smoking floors, none on our floors. the general hired help did not speak english(or french), but were excellent. the concierges were even better than their reputations. front desk gets backed up, but they pull extra people to assist. luggage was well handled. they stored a bag for us when we did nara/kyoto.

I guess you meant 2013?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:03 pm

Can I catch a ride in your time machine? Did you have a modern shower or a 1970's style bathtub with a black rubber hose?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold

sounds like my experience when i stayed here for two nights about 2 weeks ago. good, friendly service, rooms are nice, but not too opulent. I stay here pretty often, and I have had the rooms that the above poster mentioned, with a crappy bathtub. but i still find the room size and amenities to be decent for the price. Not sure how it stacks up against the westin, as it's always above what I can afford in tokyo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.