Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Everything looks wonderful! I've spent many nights at this property when business brought me through TYO. Always enjoyed my beers at the bamboo lobby happy hour but all the lounge details present another reason to go back! Cant 4 now unfortunately, right?
Old May 4, 2016, 5:04 pm

Sheraton club access with Amex Business card?

Does anyone know if this Sheraton grants access to the club if you have the SPG business AMEX?
Old May 5, 2016, 12:40 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone try an SNA here?
Old May 11, 2016, 4:33 pm

Does anyone know if the hotel can provide microwaves and/or mini fridges? I know I can email them directly, but I thought I'd ask here first.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by girlsmom4
Does anyone know if this Sheraton grants access to the club if you have the SPG business AMEX?
This info would be useful to my friend as well. He wants a gaijin friendly property with a decent location for 2 nights. Lounge is not a deal breaker but would be nice.

What's the current breakfast situation?

Shinsen? California? Not comped but would entertain an inclusive rate. Where is the best place to book?

Westin and Grand Hyatt are alternatives but much more $$$ and I'm thinking Miyako would work. Any other recommendations I should consider? Of course I have SPG Bias.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by schoflyer
This info would be useful to my friend as well. He wants a gaijin friendly property with a decent location for 2 nights. Lounge is not a deal breaker but would be nice.

Shinsen? California? Not comped but would entertain an inclusive rate. Where is the best place to book?

Westin and Grand Hyatt are alternatives but much more $$$ and I'm thinking Miyako would work. Any other recommendations I should consider? Of course I have SPG Bias.
With an SPG preference, I'd stay at the Sheraton for all the right reasons: price, easy commute, etc. if you can book far enough ahead, likelihood of an upgrade is increased FYI (of course this depends on their occupancy due to tour groups like most other hotels). IF you have SNA's to use, they will increase the upgrade probability and lock you in a more spacious room^^
Old May 14, 2016, 4:42 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by girlsmom4
All Sheraton do, you might have to remind them however.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You can check the Platinum Breakfast thread.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
I'm a lowly gold and have a 5 night stay here in July. After this stay, I will reach plat.

Ive booked a standard room, so is there any chance of lounge access? I wouldnt mind paying for access if the price is reasonable and offerings acceptable.

Been to Tokyo numerous times so would prefer to just stay in the lounge. Perhaps its worth shooting the hotel an email?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I was "upgraded" (in Miyako-speak) to a "corner" king room on the 5th floor - in customer-speak, I was given the exact room I booked. As confirmed up-thread, no more breakfast in the restaurants, and the restaurant breakfast offerings were changed and shuffled.

I used to enjoy a remarkable breakfast at Shinsen where I was introduced to the heavenly concept of sous-vide chicken breast, and that buffet was mixed western/Japanese, so you could find anything there. Now it appears there is a western buffet at Cafe California and a la carte at Shinsen (if I read the info correctly). Platinum members receive a "generous discount" (in Miyako-speak), which in customer-speak takes a measly JPY200 off the full buffet price. Not sure what the lounge offers for breakfast, but didn't bother going.

Oh well, I guess it's back to the Westin.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Realise that this hotel charges a accommodation tax of 200yen per person/night.

I have booked a room for 2,however in the event if my friend could not join me. Do I have to pay the tax for 2 person even if I am staying alone?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: N/A
Hi all,

Two questions please.

Can anyone provide recent experiences for SPG Plat upgrades? Would still need a room with two beds.

Would the hotel have any issue if I had a 3rd accompanying person with me during check in? My brother will be with my girlfriend and I with luggage checking in early, but he cannot check into his hostel until 6pm so he will store his luggage with us.

Thank You!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi all,

Two questions please.

Can anyone provide recent experiences for SPG Plat upgrades? Would still need a room with two beds.

Would the hotel have any issue if I had a 3rd accompanying person with me during check in? My brother will be with my girlfriend and I with luggage checking in early, but he cannot check into his hostel until 6pm so he will store his luggage with us.

Thank You!

Both me and my friend received a better standard room but not a suite. There really are very few and revenue bookings are frequent especially on weekends.

I think I would contact the hotel in advance regarding the 3rd person. The rate does increase from 2 to 3 so to avoid misunderstandings you should email them from the contact address on SPG.COM.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Power Outage: January 10, 2017 (1:30am - 5am)

Wiki updated.

Power Outage: January 10, 2017 (1:30am - 5am)

From 1:30am to 5am on January 10, 2017, power to the hotel will be turned off for inspection of the electrical equipment. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can any recent visitors describe the current breakfast buffet? We haven't tried it since they moved restaurant locations and opened the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.