Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by frankhi
I currently have Marriott LT gold which will become LT Platinum. It's hard to believe, that under the new unified program, RC is going to give me lounge access and upgrades including suites, don't you think? Maybe I'm missing something...
where do you see RC lounge access and suites listed as a benefit?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:59 am

I currently have Marriott LT gold which will become LT Platinum. It's hard to believe, that under the new unified program, RC is going to give me lounge access and upgrades including suites, don't you think? Maybe I'm missing something...
Ritz is still excluded. Go to st Regis instead
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:12 am

The new unified program chart apparently includes RC, and it shows Plt gets lounge access and upgrades including suites in that program.... so what am I missing?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
The new unified program chart apparently includes RC, and it shows Plt gets lounge access and upgrades including suites in that program.... so what am I missing?
RC ended up being excluded from a lot of the meaningful benefits that folks were hoping for
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Can you please provide a link to where you see this?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The Lurker who responds most frequently has been pretty clear that his knowledge of the legacy Marriott Rewards program is not solid.
Which again is understandable, but I just think that is reason to be somewhat skeptical of some of his answers that refer moreso to legacy MR details, such as the qualifying for LTPP with 2MM MR-only points but 750 MR+SPG nights.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Can you please provide a link to where you see this?
It's right on marriott site... note at the top it indicates rc reward, marriott rewards, and starwood rewards

https://members.marriott.com/benefits/

Last edited by frankhi; Jul 14, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It's right on marriott site... note at the top it indicates rc reward, marriott rewards, and starwood rewards

https://members.marriott.com/benefits/
I still do not see it. I see the chart and where "Lounge Access" is listed as a benefit but I don't see an explanation of the benefit. In every explanation I have seen there is a list of hotels not included in this perk. Are you basing your statement on the lack of limiting verbiage? Or are you seeing somewhere that all hotels are included?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:23 pm

I was just asking a question, hoping someone would post who knows what they are talking about.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:29 pm

Gave you the answer, you just didn't like it.

http://members.marriott.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/MAKHAR18008_TBOP_Microsite_Platinum-Elite_Lounge-Access_Final.pdf

Link from the FAQ
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:32 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If you use the "I stay XXX nights per year" weblink at the top of the page (I put 75-99 as I'll be LTPP), it does provide more details around the lounge access benefit: "Lounge Access (with Breakfast at JW Marriott®, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels by MarriottTM, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance®Hotels, Sheraton®, Westin®, Le Meridien®); Excludes Resorts."

Note that RC is not one of the brands mentioned. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for CL access there.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
If you use the "I stay XXX nights per year" weblink at the top of the page (I put 75-99 as I'll be LTPP), it does provide more details around the lounge access benefit: "Lounge Access (with Breakfast at JW Marriott®, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels by MarriottTM, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance®Hotels, Sheraton®, Westin®, Le Meridien®); Excludes Resorts."

Note that RC is not one of the brands mentioned. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for CL access there.
The listed brands are talking about breakfast, not lounge access. I know RC is not included, but they should list it as an exclusion on that page in addition to Resorts.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by GoPhils
The listed brands are talking about breakfast, not lounge access. I know RC is not included, but they should list it as an exclusion on that page in addition to Resorts.
You might want to re-read the first two words in the quoted text.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
You might want to re-read the first two words in the quoted text.
“Lounge Access” is before the parentheses. The listed brands and the phrase “with breakfast” are after them. I know RC is not included, but it’s not clear from that page.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:45 pm

Fair enough, but given the RC lounge includes breakfast as well, not listing it means you won't have access to get breakfast there. But as you say maybe its not as clear to everyone as I thought it would be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.