Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by pilgrim
I think you're a Marriott Superhero. 9,433,858 points! Vacations for your entire neighborhood.
There should be a lifetime Ambassador level for ppl like this.

People have achieved lifetime GS on United for less than this spend.....
pilgrim likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Based on the number of elite Gold and Plat years + the number of nights, you should become LT Plat (new program) come August.

Yes, until 31/12/2018 you can qualify for LT levels according to the old MR LT rules which consider LT points (1.2m for silver, 1.6m for gold, 2.0m for plat)

Together with your 10+ years of MR gold and plat, 750 combined nights should give you LTPP (new) in January. If you want to confirm your elite level tenure you'll need to call MR. As long as adding full years will do the trick they'll be able to provide an answer.

750 nights should be your lucky number.
Thanks! I was concerned that I needed 10+ years of MR Plat to get LTPP. Looks like 10+ years of MR Gold / Plat should suffice.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pilgrim
I think you're a Marriott Superhero. 9,433,858 points! Vacations for your entire neighborhood.
I can't touch DL-Don, but I have long thought that there should be some sort of recognition at multiples of LTP. Even if there are no further levels, maybe a free night certificate or a GC, or just a letter saying, "we see you."

Says a 3XLTP, noting that DL-Don just needs 74 nights for 4XLTP.

pilgrim and jjmoore like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by lexdevil
I have long thought that there should be some sort of recognition at multiples of LTP. Even if there are no further levels, maybe a free night certificate or a GC, or just a letter saying, "we see you."
It's better to recognize activity against yearly thresholds, not degrees of lifetime-ness.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dayone
It's better to recognize activity against yearly thresholds, not degrees of lifetime-ness.
There are degrees of "lifetime-ness" recognized currently. LTS, LTG, LTP, LTPP. That all stops when you hit LTPP. I think there should be some recognition of substantial additional loyalty beyond LTPP.

"Better" implies a choice between recognition of annual nights/spend and recognition of lifetime nights/spend. Marriott does not need to choose; they can do both. They already do both.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by dayone
I'm sorry, but someone that stays 3000 nights lifetime vs. 750 warrants an extra level of lifetime privileges... let's be honest with ourselves.
pilgrim, DL-Don and lexdevil like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I'm sorry, but someone that stays 3000 nights lifetime vs. 750 warrants an extra level of lifetime privileges... let's be honest with ourselves.
No disagreement from me!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by DL-Don
No disagreement from me!
I know this is off topic, but is your DL 360 status lifetime (like lifetime GS for UA when 4MM+)?

MR should give you LT Ambassador status for your loyalty.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Yes, lifetime points are back!!!

I'm assuming with that avg nightly rate, you're mostly in FS properties?
Attached Images  
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
I know this is off topic, but is your DL 360 status lifetime (like lifetime GS for UA when 4MM+)?

MR should give you LT Ambassador status for your loyalty.
No. It has to be earned with high spend and MQMs yearly.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I'm assuming with that avg nightly rate, you're mostly in FS properties?
Yes. Lots of FSs, Rens, and JWs with Plat or PP status for 25 years.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:53 pm

Yes. Lots of FSs, Rens, and JWs with Plat or PP status for 25 years.
I will probably hit that number of nights sometime in the next 7-8 years, but unfortunately the dairy industry doesn't flourish in the big cities, so it will be mostly FI and CY nights that get me there. 3000 nights and 10MM points is an amazing feat.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GoPhils
It's not ambiguous for one purpose because nights and years is the new metric for all LT statuses moving forward, including LTPP. It is clearly stated that MR and SPG nights and years will be combined in the new program to determine LT status.

It is ambiguous for another purpose because I don't believe there is any specific reference at all to points when it comes to Lifetime status on the members.marriott.com page, only a vague mention of "the legacy criteria."

A few posts above when Starwood Lurker posted that answer, he made this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29883733-post1680.html where he wasn't even sure what the Legacy requirements were, so it's tough to take his word as gospel regarding a question about that specific topic. He also made several comments telling MR members to "just call customer service" to find out what you need for LT status, even though there have been several posts here of people trying to do just that and getting multiple different answers.

Starwood Lurker seems awesome and hopefully he sticks around (and/or MR adds more of a presence here), but understandably so he doesn't seem to be as much of an expert on MR yet as he does on SPG.
Another reason to be hesitant of Starwood Lurker’s knowledge of the MR program, he recently posted that he thought MR’s “no blackout dates” for award stays was the same thing as SPG’s “if a standard room is available for cash, then it’s available for points.”
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by GoPhils

Another reason to be hesitant of Starwood Lurker’s knowledge of the MR program, he recently posted that he thought MR’s “no blackout dates” for award stays was the same thing as SPG’s “if a standard room is available for cash, then it’s available for points.”
The Lurker who responds most frequently has been pretty clear that his knowledge of the legacy Marriott Rewards program is not solid.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:48 am

I currently have Marriott LT gold which will become LT Platinum. It's hard to believe, that under the new unified program, RC is going to give me lounge access and upgrades including suites, don't you think? Maybe I'm missing something...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.