Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sparco
I wasn't complaining
Your last sentence sure made it sound like a complaint.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm staying there Thurs/Fri this week using the FRN. I hope to get even the Jr. Suite upgrade facing the ocean.
It's either Nice or Monte Carlo, but this one looked to be more convenient.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by sparco
Thanks? I am well aware of the SPG terms and what I am entitled to. I wasn't complaining, just stating what happened in relation to the treatment and upgrades I received at other properties.
Go two /three times a yr and have only once had a jr. suite

Always had ocean view but normally just exec room on side or occasionally the corner room (I had this last week..)

Very exepensive during summer - often 350€ + and very rarely under 200€. In the winter is occasionally around 110€

My plat experience is just fine. Always get late check out and the wine for plat amenity is very good^
Had a bottle of rosé last week and it went down in a flash!!^
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:29 pm

I stayed here using two FRNs, as I was going to be in Nice anyway. It definitely needs the renovation, which is scheduled for later this year. The decor is purple in a very 90s or early 2000s way. Some dents on the doors/walls.

As a lowly gold i got upgraded to a terrace room on the top floor. A good-sized room with a large balcony. Good noise insulation on the room. The staff was very helpful and friendly at check-in. Bar staff was very helpful, but spoke pretty limited English.

One weird thing was that the door to the toilet room opened in a weird way that made it hard to close the door while in the room (or on the commode).

Last edited by andymell; Oct 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Bumping an older thread to see if there are any recent experiences at the Le Meridien Nice. We are doing a Paris, Cannes and Nice trip this summer and are flying back to the US out of Nice. Is this hotel the SPG way to go or should I also consider the LeM in Monte Carlo as an alternative for our two night stay? Also have Club Radisson points that I could use at the Radisson Blu Nice as an alternative.

Also wondering if anyone knows how many more points the Deluxe Rooms with a balcony are over the Classic rooms. Assume the difference in points will be well spent to get the balcony with water view.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Le Méridien is situated near Place Massena and, Palais de la Méditeranée etc and is better off than the Radisson.

My most recent stay is from Aug 2011 and I'm not sure how the renovation is progressing, however I would avoid classic rooms at all cost.

I cannot tell you the point difference, sorry.

Also note - deluxe room balconies are very large "French balconies" - you can enjoy a cigarette but don't expect to have a seat (there's no room for a chair!) let alone sunbathe.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Le Méridien is situated near Place Massena and, Palais de la Méditeranée etc and is better off than the Radisson.

My most recent stay is from Aug 2011 and I'm not sure how the renovation is progressing, however I would avoid classic rooms at all cost.

I cannot tell you the point difference, sorry.

Also note - deluxe room balconies are very large "French balconies" - you can enjoy a cigarette but don't expect to have a seat (there's no room for a chair!) let alone sunbathe.
Was there 10 days ago and it seems that the renovation is near complete

Agree that I'd no way go for a classic room

Le Meridien is far more central than Radisson and the only reason, unless you want to be nearer airport, that I'd go for the Radisson over LM is for the Pool which is FAR better.. Other than that LM wins hands down

The pool area in the Radisson really is good though

Should point out that some sea facing rooms (Deluxe) have proper balconies (mostly side facing rooms) with tables and sun chairs

Suites in LM are very very nice^
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Should point out that some sea facing rooms (Deluxe) have proper balconies (mostly side facing rooms) with tables and sun chairs

Suites in LM are very very nice^
Good to know if I decide to stay at LM Nice again. The suites at Le Negresco are VERY, VERY, VERY nice, though! ^
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Was there 10 days ago and it seems that the renovation is near complete ...
- I wondering what the car parking options are and whether your tried breakfast as a PLT amenity.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
The suites at Le Negresco are VERY, VERY, VERY nice, though! ^
Not to get too far off topic but all the reviews I read in the Luxury Hotels forum and online were very mixed. We would be willing to forgo using points for the two nights if I found something worth the extra expense.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Not to get too far off topic but all the reviews I read in the Luxury Hotels forum and online were very mixed. We would be willing to forgo using points for the two nights if I found something worth the extra expense.
I think we're treading that way - here goes though. Le Negresco is independent, quirky, has a super stubborn private owner and has a complicated history. It'll *always* get mixed reviews as it's just ... different. It doesn't have chain QA or baggage, both in good and bad ways.

Go through FHR and you might be extremely happy.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the comments! I have changed my award reservation from the Classic Room to a Deluxe which is costing me 2500 more points per night. Seems like a good deal to get a balcony and a water view since I want the full location experience.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:26 pm

Arrow

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- I wondering what the car parking options are and whether your tried breakfast as a PLT amenity.
car park is an underground car park that is a PUBLIC car park with however direct access to the hotel via lift to reception
You can't pay in the hotel - you have to go downstairs and pay directly in the car park. They used only to take only cash, visa + mastercard but now they also take amex - rates are roughly 20€ a day (24 hour period) but I can't remember exactly

Took breaky as plat amenity - decent continental breakfast on 1 st floor next to reception. Plently to eat with fresh fruit, lots of choice of fresh bread and pastries etc.. Well worth it

Before plat amenity with breaky always used to have breakfast in room - had always been very happy and at 20€ a head I always thought it money well spent^
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Thanks for the comments! I have changed my award reservation from the Classic Room to a Deluxe which is costing me 2500 more points per night. Seems like a good deal to get a balcony and a water view since I want the full location experience.
Definately worth it
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
June 2012 Stay

We stayed at Le Meridien Nice for two nights at 12K points per night end of June. We were preassigned room with courtyard view and roll away bed already set up. The hotel was completely sold out with a conference so no chance for upgrade. I was able to change to a room with a view (facing hotel entrance, so view of the city and sea view to the side) the next day.

I selected breakfast as Plat amenity and was given a breakfast card with 4 people indicated. My daughter only had breakfast one morning with us, but I can confirm that Plat breakfast is extended to 3 people in room.

Very nice location, although beach is extremely rocky. We spend a full day at the beach club across the street at 21 euros per person per day. The purpose of this detour into Nice from Italy was so I can say I've been to Nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.