Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:59 pm

From the Westin Tokyo

Dear Schoflyer:

On behalf of The Westin Tokyo, I wish you a very Happy New Year.
Thank you for staying with us back in early December of last year and for having taken the time to write about your experience. We do take all feedback we receive as an inspiration to constantly improve and upgrade our “service and facilities”. As such, we track all feedback, be it complimentary or concerns voiced by a guest be it direct or via travel blogs.
Naturally we were disappointed for having been unable to deliver a seamless experience by not following your instructions in regards to your luggage, not being able to provide proper seating for your breakfast in our all day dining Terrace and most importantly not being able to deliver the promised heavenly sleep. We are happy to report, that as a result of your feedback, we have taken corrective action and the waterfall is now switched off between the hours of 22:00 and 6:00. We also regret the inconvenience in regards to the Executive Club, as this is only experienced on rare occasions on a Saturday, usually in connection with a family holiday period.

We truly hope to have the chance to serve you again upon your next visit to Tokyo. A true Westin Tokyo experience awaits as we would sincerely like for you to depart feeling better then you did on arrival. Please ask for myself when making arrangements for your next visit so I can personally ensure your wellbeing.

Be Well,
Mirei Ri
E-Business Coordinator
The Westin Tokyo
[email protected]
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
New Lurker

Well folks, looks like we have a new lurker in the house.
Just received a PM from "westintokyo" regarding my above post.
Join date Jan 2010. 0 posts
Very proactive! Making sure that I am a satisfied customer down the road.
Much appreciated. Thanks for reaching out. And lastly...

Welcome to Flyertalk westintokyo.

Cheers,

Scho
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I'm thinking about staying here in March. Can someone please clarify:

(1) The transportation from NRT. Is it a free shuttle bus? Where/when do you catch it?

(2) As an SPG Gold, what can I expect? Breakfast included? SPG floor/lounge? It's really hard trying to tease out the non-Plat perks in this forum. It's as if everyone assumes the only people in this forum are Plats.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Jazzop
I'm thinking about staying here in March. Can someone please clarify:

(1) The transportation from NRT. Is it a free shuttle bus? Where/when do you catch it?

(2) As an SPG Gold, what can I expect? Breakfast included? SPG floor/lounge? It's really hard trying to tease out the non-Plat perks in this forum. It's as if everyone assumes the only people in this forum are Plats.

Thanks.
1) There is no free transport. Easiest to take Airport Limo Bus. Drops off at the Westin. I believe takes between 90-120 minutes and the cost is 3000 JPY. http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

2) Breakfast probably not for SPG Gold. Sorry I can't be of more assistance as I've only stayed there as a Plat. Breakfast is served on 1/F at Terraces and last time I checked the breakfast buffet was 3600 JPY per person. Very nice variety of stuff served.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Elites are entitiled to benefits for all stays, including C&P and award nights, booked via starwood direct channels.

Originally Posted by schoflyer
Platinum Benefits were extended which is nice and not requisite on C&P IIRC.
Upgraded to Exec Floor Corner Room w/lounge access. Room facing Tokyo Tower etc. Nice View. I didn't even ask about suites as I'm technically not entitled.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by kluau88
1) There is no free transport. Easiest to take Airport Limo Bus. Drops off at the Westin. I believe takes between 90-120 minutes and the cost is 3000 JPY. http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/
The hotel's page at spg.com lists "Airport Transportation (Limited)" as one of its features. I want to know what that means.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The hotel's page at spg.com lists "Airport Transportation (Limited)" as one of its features. I want to know what that means.
Normally that you can pay for a hotel limo / car service.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Normally that you can pay for a hotel limo / car service.
That is stupid. It's not a service of the hotel. If they are going to advertise this, why not other trivial things such as "Taxis drive by out front!" or "We are connected to city sewage!"?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:16 am

That is stupid. It's not a service of the hotel. If they are going to advertise this, why not other trivial things such as "Taxis drive by out front!" or "We are connected to city sewage!"?
It is a service offered by the hotel, so they advertised it. This hotel OFFERS hotel cars to pickup/dropoff at the airport, at a VERY steep price. If you are willing to pay...call up the hotel to schedule.

As a previous poster stated, just take the Airport Limousine Service (really a just coach) from the airport and get off at the Westin. There are some promotions for foreigners (non-japanese passport holders) with the transporation system including the rail and airport limo. Check the websites for current specials. They are normally pretty good deals.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:40 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Are you suggesting that only complimentary services should be advertised on the hotel's website?

FYI. The time taken to travel from Narita Airport to this property can take around an hour or more, even by car.

In addition, correct me if I am wrong but I do recall some high-end hotels that do not provide airport transfer at all, regardless if they are complimentary or not.

Anyway, the property has control over information being posted on their websites and I would notify them only if there is a mistake.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
It is a service offered by the hotel, so they advertised it. This hotel OFFERS hotel cars to pickup/dropoff at the airport, at a VERY steep price. If you are willing to pay...call up the hotel to schedule.

As a previous poster stated, just take the Airport Limousine Service (really a just coach) from the airport and get off at the Westin. There are some promotions for foreigners (non-japanese passport holders) with the transporation system including the rail and airport limo. Check the websites for current specials. They are normally pretty good deals.
The two previous posts provided NO indication that this car service was a function of the hotel. In fact, it sounded like a third-party company that just happened to drop off at that hotel among others. Why do people reply to threads when they have nothing useful to offer?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:07 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I thought they gave you useful information.

Limousine bus is the best way to the hotel, especially if you have the luggage.
When you purhcase the limousine bus ticket, you can pay extra 100Yen to get 1 day subway pass.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:19 pm

Why is someone new to the forum so rude to people who were kind enough to provide information to him ?

Why do people reply to threads when they have nothing useful to offer?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:29 am

www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

That's ok that you are ignorant but at least try not to show that out loud with an attitude. Be grateful to people who care to reply.

W-T-F is "limousine bus"? These are generic words. There are millions of limousines and buses on the planet. I've never heard of "limousine bus" concatenated together, however. If you capitalize the words to make "Limousine Bus", is that the name of an actual company that provides transportation from NRT to the Westin?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:29 am

The two previous posts provided NO indication that this car service was a function of the hotel. In fact, it sounded like a third-party company that just happened to drop off at that hotel among others. Why do people reply to threads when they have nothing useful to offer?
Does it matter if it was a car service from the hotel (whether hotel car or third-party car), or an airport coach that provides drop-off/pick-up service to the hotel? It is airport transportation!

Wouldn't someone just know by reading the hotel's page that this is a "service" of the hotel (or in your mind, a "function of the hotel")?

Why do people post questions to threads when they have nothing positive to say when helpful people respond?

Chill out...and enjoy your travels

W-T-F is "limousine bus"? These are generic words. There are millions of limousines and buses on the planet. I've never heard of "limousine bus" concatenated together, however. If you capitalize the words to make "Limousine Bus", is that the name of an actual company that provides transportation from NRT to the Westin?

Example useful replies include:
The Westin's limo service...
Yoshi's Fast Car Service....
Am I taking crazy pills? What is so hard about getting useful information here?
Is there a linguistic obstacle here?
I wasn't gonna mention crazy pills...but now that you brought it up...

Ok...let me put it in simple ENGLISH terms for you...
You will have a choice of:
-The Hotel's Car Service
-The Airport Limousine Service (which is a BIG ORANGE/WHITE BUS)
-and your choice of MULTIPLE other car service available at the airport and throughout tokyo...
-and local train, metro, and bus service (if you desire)

Seriously...there was a lot of good info provided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.