Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikelat
The primary reason I enjoyed the stay so much was the attention from Mirei Ri and her help in my pre-planning as well as arrival preparations. She answered many questions ahead of time, coordinated with the concierge for my meal/dining questions, and helped me to book a Tokyo city tour ahead of time. She was also very helpful with directions on how to be transit from NRT to the hotel. And, upon my arrival in my room, I found a great packet of information with maps, local area information, ATM information, and my tour information. The maps were hand annotated with places to visit and things to ensure I took in while on my trip. The service that Mirei provided was above and beyond anything that I have previously encountered. Although she was off duty on my arrival date, she was working when I checked out. And she specifically came out to wish me goodbye, give me some chocolate chip cookies as a snack for my trip back to NRT, and help me with getting my luggage to the airport limousine bus. The next time I'm in Tokyo I will definitely be staying here again! If anyone is staying at the Westin Tokyo and wants Mirei's contact information please PM me and I'll put you in touch with her.
A big +1 to Ms. Mirei Ri (aka westintokyo) as a huge asset to the Westin Tokyo (staying here as we speak). I worked with her pre-trip on my itinerary - she gave me a great set of recommendations, travel advice, etc. And a nice packet of info awaited me as well in my room. She was there to greet me in person upon my arrival as well. Truly service that goes above and beyond the call of duty.

I must have lucked out - I got one of the suites, 13th floor, big 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath. The bathroom in particular is gorgeous. And the Nespresso pods are greatly appreciated given the jetlag!

Breakfast at the Terrace (lobby restaurant) was of course free for Plats and very good.

Gym is on the small side, but well equipped and the equipment is new which is always appreciated (and not always the norm).

Last edited by UA-NYC; Mar 7, 2011 at 7:57 pm Reason: more detail
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Two Single Beds Room in Westin Tokyo

I am planning to take our 5 years old girl to Tokyo together with my husband by end of Mar. We plan to stay at Westin Tokyo for 3 nights prior to heading off to Australia. I notice from spg website that this hotel offer either king bed room or 2 single bed rooms. I am wondering how big is their single bed. Are they queen/double bed like we see in most Westin here in US or are they really those tiny/small "single" bed?

Appreciate your input
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
I stayed here a year ago, was on a trip that paid for a club level room - quite nice. Will be back end of this month for 4 nights wed-sun but in the 2 bed non smoking pay your own internet rate.. am spg gold - what chance of upgrade to club do you think I have? I had the choice of other places to stay and deff stayed here as a greatly enjoyed it last time.

Also - last time I came in from narita via JR rail to the main station then a taxi the rest of the way. Is there a better method? Not trivial to navigate for this gaijin after 20 hours of travel.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by brarrr

Also - last time I came in from narita via JR rail to the main station then a taxi the rest of the way. Is there a better method? Not trivial to navigate for this gaijin after 20 hours of travel.
I've used the Limobus from Narita airport to Westin. I recall Westin is the last stop (or 2nd last stop) for the route. It took a while to drop off the other passengers at other hotels before reach Westin. But no need to transfer and no worry for crowded train.

You can buy the bus ticket after exit the immigration. The Limobus has counter there for ticket information. Once you got the ticket, they will tell you which bus line to wait for the bus. It is outside the hall and you can see the bus line number on the pole and wait there.

Here is the link for more detail info:

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/2/35
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:56 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by brarrr
I stayed here a year ago, was on a trip that paid for a club level room - quite nice. Will be back end of this month for 4 nights wed-sun but in the 2 bed non smoking pay your own internet rate.. am spg gold - what chance of upgrade to club do you think I have? I had the choice of other places to stay and deff stayed here as a greatly enjoyed it last time.

Limousine bus is the least stressful way, but can take a while, too.

We usually forward luggage around Japan, as it's so cheap. Then we can take the trains. The N'ex from Narita to Shinagawa is direct, with only about 1-2 stops. From there, you can take the JR Yamanote line to Ebisu - 4 stops. From there, it's an easy 600-700 metre walk, about half on moving walkways, and all covered. Some may prefer the N'ex to Tokyo and the subway from there, but I think changing at Shinagawa is easier.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
I am planning to take our 5 years old girl to Tokyo together with my husband by end of Mar. We plan to stay at Westin Tokyo for 3 nights prior to heading off to Australia. I notice from spg website that this hotel offer either king bed room or 2 single bed rooms. I am wondering how big is their single bed. Are they queen/double bed like we see in most Westin here in US or are they really those tiny/small "single" bed?

Appreciate your input
The only time I reserved a twin bed room, it came with two double beds - would be cozy for a couple, but not like sharing a twin bed used to be in college (DAMHIKT )
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:32 pm

Post earthquake update

Before the earthquake, we recently enjoyed a 6 night stay, with all nights upgraded to Executive Club Level (as Platinum). For 5 of the nights, a 1 bedroom (2 room) suite upgrade was available, so we moved into one on 3rd night.

Club Lounge staff was fabulous, very hospitable and made us feel very welcome throughout our stay.

So with these pleasant memories in mind, I called the Club Lounge yesterday to see how hotel staff (in particular a couple of very helpful people) was faring and to ask if the hotel had suffered any damage.

I was told that hotel staff were all safe, and that the hotel suffered some incidental damage in the form of some cracked windows and many broken lamps that had been tossed on the floor.

Given the impact of the earthquake, I'm amazed (but not surprised) at how orderly Japan is after such a catastrophe. I've not heard of any civil disobedience, rioting nor looting.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Globehopper
Before the earthquake, we recently enjoyed a 6 night stay, with all nights upgraded to Executive Club Level (as Platinum). For 5 of the nights, a 1 bedroom (2 room) suite upgrade was available, so we moved into one on 3rd night.

Club Lounge staff was fabulous, very hospitable and made us feel very welcome throughout our stay.

So with these pleasant memories in mind, I called the Club Lounge yesterday to see how hotel staff (in particular a couple of very helpful people) was faring and to ask if the hotel had suffered any damage.

I was told that hotel staff were all safe, and that the hotel suffered some incidental damage in the form of some cracked windows and many broken lamps that had been tossed on the floor.

Given the impact of the earthquake, I'm amazed (but not surprised) at how orderly Japan is after such a catastrophe. I've not heard of any civil disobedience, rioting nor looting.
I am currently here now (writing from the lounge), have to agree fabulous Hotel, Lounge and service. Mirei Ri is great at organizing everything before you arrive. All information is available in your room before you arrive.

Being a lowly Gold, I was able to pre upgrade for only 2500 points for my entire stay (3 days) to the executive level (21st floor room, lounge access etc...)

Lounge was temp closed on sat but everything seems to be back to normal as of this morning.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:34 pm

Has anyone stayed here since the earthquake? Is the hotel operating at 100%? I'm going to be in Tokyo June 3-6 and debating between staying here or one of several much cheaper places in Shinjuku. Never been to Japan before so figure it may be worth splurging if the hotel's functioning relatively normally. (My mileage run is quickly becoming quite expensive )

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
I was there for 4 days following the earthquake and the Hotel is fully operational with the exception of energy saving measures, lights out on the basement floors when no events are scheduled etc...

Mirei Ri is great help, email her prior to arrival and she can help you with any requests you might have.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I'm planning on stopping over tomorrow for a few days. Is everything back to normal or close to it?

Edit: Got a PM from the westintokyo (great service!). Everything is fully operational.

I'll post a full report when I get back.

Last edited by bdraco; Oct 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:10 pm
Company Representative - Westin Hotels Tokyo

From The Westin Tokyo-Thank You

Originally Posted by bdraco
I'm planning on stopping over tomorrow for a few days. Is everything back to normal or close to it?

Edit: Got a PM from the westintokyo (great service!). Everything is fully operational.

Thank you for your stay with us. We truly enjoyed serving you. We truly look forward to hearing your Westin Tokyo experience.

We hope for your quick return. Until then, please stay well.

Be renewed.

The Westin Tokyo
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:36 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by barelyelite
Has anyone stayed here since the earthquake? Is the hotel operating at 100%? I'm going to be in Tokyo June 3-6 and debating between staying here or one of several much cheaper places in Shinjuku. Never been to Japan before so figure it may be worth splurging if the hotel's functioning relatively normally. (My mileage run is quickly becoming quite expensive )

Thanks!
Go for Shinjuku, more lively than the Westin Tokyo. The Westin is a fabulous property in a decent area in Tokyo, but not stumbling distance from bars.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Originally Posted by bdraco

I am planning a stay at Westin Tokyo in Jan 2012. Love to hear about any recent stay experience in this hotel.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
I am at the hotel and got upgraded to a nice executive suite on a 1 night paid stay.
Service is really top notch at this property.
The lounge was very quiet over cocktails yeterday and breakfast today .
The food offereing in the lounge for breakfast and cocktails is very poor though . A few years back it was outstanding, so they have obviously taken the cost killing approach on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.