FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:28 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikelat
The primary reason I enjoyed the stay so much was the attention from Mirei Ri and her help in my pre-planning as well as arrival preparations. She answered many questions ahead of time, coordinated with the concierge for my meal/dining questions, and helped me to book a Tokyo city tour ahead of time. She was also very helpful with directions on how to be transit from NRT to the hotel. And, upon my arrival in my room, I found a great packet of information with maps, local area information, ATM information, and my tour information. The maps were hand annotated with places to visit and things to ensure I took in while on my trip. The service that Mirei provided was above and beyond anything that I have previously encountered. Although she was off duty on my arrival date, she was working when I checked out. And she specifically came out to wish me goodbye, give me some chocolate chip cookies as a snack for my trip back to NRT, and help me with getting my luggage to the airport limousine bus. The next time I'm in Tokyo I will definitely be staying here again! If anyone is staying at the Westin Tokyo and wants Mirei's contact information please PM me and I'll put you in touch with her.
A big +1 to Ms. Mirei Ri (aka westintokyo) as a huge asset to the Westin Tokyo (staying here as we speak). I worked with her pre-trip on my itinerary - she gave me a great set of recommendations, travel advice, etc. And a nice packet of info awaited me as well in my room. She was there to greet me in person upon my arrival as well. Truly service that goes above and beyond the call of duty.

I must have lucked out - I got one of the suites, 13th floor, big 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath. The bathroom in particular is gorgeous. And the Nespresso pods are greatly appreciated given the jetlag!

Breakfast at the Terrace (lobby restaurant) was of course free for Plats and very good.

Gym is on the small side, but well equipped and the equipment is new which is always appreciated (and not always the norm).

Last edited by UA-NYC; Mar 7, 2011 at 7:57 pm Reason: more detail