Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 4:17 am
iwc

Talk about dilution of Platinum status now anybody can buy up at the Westin Tokyo:

Experience SPG Platinum Membership Benefits
Heavenly Bed Exective Club Lounge Club Lounge Breakfast Buffet
Limited offer of experiencing the SPG Platinum privileges, a travel plan not to be missed!

Platinum Membership Privelges include:
*Access to the Executive Club Lounge
*Late check-out until 16:00 for free
*Room up-grade to the Executive floor (depends on the availability)

period From September 1st 2009 to November 30 2009

※Saturday check in is not available
rates Delux Room from 34,000JPY (service tax, consumption tax, accomodation tax are not incuded)

check in/check out Check in 14:00 / Check out 12:00
(available to extend until 16:00)
room Accommodation awaits you in the intimate interior of our exhilarating Deluxe Room and “snooze in the clouds” signature Westin Heavenly Bed®
rate code Please quote the rate code "PK20" for reservations or inquiries by phone.
Terms and
Conditions Detail

Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
But as a SPG plat it will only cost you 24500Y a night.So there we have it SPG plat is worth 9500Y++ per night.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by drron
But as a SPG plat it will only cost you 24500Y a night.So there we have it SPG plat is worth 9500Y++ per night.
Or you can get this for 2500 points per night, which, in my opinion, is pretty good value for the money (about 4 cents per point).
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
I am currently at the hotel - in the third nite of a 5 nite stay. Used 3 of the free weekend rewards. Upgraded to a room on the executive club floor. Room is a corner room of reasonable size. While the style of the furnishing is not my favourite, everything is very well maintained. The hotel is apparently fully booked this weekend, but the hotel does not appear to be very full. The plat benefits are well documented. Our family did not have a problem with any waits for breakfast in the main floor restaurant (which is excellent). However, we are pretty early risers. When leaving the hotel, we did not notice any wait for breakfast. The executive club on the 17th floor also has a very large breakfast spread with almost no one using the facilities. I think most people take breakfast at the main buffet.

Service is very good. It reminds me of the service level at the Westin Seoul. Except that the rooms in Tokyo are a fair bit larger that Seoul. I only used the executive lounge one evening. Has a standard selection of drinks, with limited food. However, my wife told me that there are pastries put out during the afternoon - which were tasty.

I actually like the location. It is very quiet, but pretty easy to get around Tokyo from Ebisu station. A friend who is a Tokyo native told me that overall, the Westin is a pretty good location to use as a base for touring (so long as you do not mind the treck from the station to the hotel).

the heavenly bed is not the same as the NA version. It is very firm.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:33 pm

Maginet and plugging in other devices?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone knows if the TVs in the Westin Tokyo rooms have that stupid maginet box that replaces all the inputs on the TV?

I plug my iPod Classic into the TV first thing when I get into my hotel room and leave it hooked up to watch TV and movies on my iPod.

My experience in most of Europe has been that you can't do this because they all have maginet boxes that have been screwed on over the input panel at the back of the TV.

I'm hoping it's not the same in Japan, especially at the Westin Tokyo, as we'll be there for a week!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
The food offering at the lounge, at least for cocktail time, has been severely downgraded from what it was last year when I stayed there.
Yesterday all they had on offer was : potato chips, japanese crackers,finger sandwiches and pumpkin soup...
Very disappointing for a lounge that previously offered some of the best food of any lounge I have visited.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
3 people in room

I was thinking of staying here for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday with my parents. As a plat, if I were to book one room for the 3 of us, would all 3 of us have access to the lounge and breakfast and no extra cost?

Rich
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
It depends. Sometimes, they will allow three people to access club lounge. Anyway, don't expect too much for that lounge. Not much of freebies for evening cocktail. But, the breakfast in the cafe is really good, and it's a platinum benefit as well.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:37 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I was thinking of staying here for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday with my parents. As a plat, if I were to book one room for the 3 of us, would all 3 of us have access to the lounge and breakfast and no extra cost?

Rich
The T&C's say you and one guest in the room as long as you are also occupying the room. However, as usual, YMMV.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I used to stay at the westin tokyo, but they have seriously diluted their exec lounge offerings, that I just dun bother anymore.

I stay with Hilton Shinjuku now, especially since they have free internet on club floors, and the exec lounge food is good enough for dinner. Subway is a 5mins walk, or I could take the shuttle bus to Shinjuku station.

I'm going to try out Park Hyatt Tokyo next month...looking forward to it
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
I have stayed at this hotel half a dozen times, and will be staying again in December. The service is excellent, the rooms are large and well maintained, the staff is remarkably friendly and outgoing to westerners, and the free-to-plats breakfasts (in either the lounge or restaurant) are significantly better than anything I've seen comped in any US or European Westin. IMO the service in the lounge is perfectly adequate. Lounge food is never one of the reasons why I pick a hotel; I simply cannot understand why anyone would expect a first class business hotel in a major city to provide enough food to substitute for dinner - especially since this hotel is in an area that has literally dozens of restaurants within easy walking distance.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by SportsTech
I have stayed at this hotel half a dozen times, and will be staying again in December. The service is excellent, the rooms are large and well maintained, the staff is remarkably friendly and outgoing to westerners, and the free-to-plats breakfasts (in either the lounge or restaurant) are significantly better than anything I've seen comped in any US or European Westin. IMO the service in the lounge is perfectly adequate. Lounge food is never one of the reasons why I pick a hotel; I simply cannot understand why anyone would expect a first class business hotel in a major city to provide enough food to substitute for dinner - especially since this hotel is in an area that has literally dozens of restaurants within easy walking distance.

Agreed that Asian hotels in terms of providing free breakfast to Plats are kilometers ahead of the Starwood European hotels where you get nothing.

And we like the location, service and have been lucky on upgrades.

But it is disappointing to learn of the lounge food downgrade, after becoming used to the lounge food offerings in the past that made the lounge a nicer place to relax. Since they're now up another category, this downgrade is annoying.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I agree that breakfast in the lobby is far better than anything in US or European Westin. It is an Asian thing. Visit any asian 4-5* hotels, and the breakfast will put most US/European hotels to shame.

Sometimes when u get back from a long day outside, u just want to unwind, and stay indoors

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Belated review from March 2009

My wife and I stayed in March 2009 on cash and points (when the hotel was still category five). We received an upgrade to a small suite, and never really sampled the food in the lounge. The breakfast buffet was one of the best we've had (certainly one of the best free buffets we've had), and the Internet connection was extremely fast (something we did not always experience in Asia). I also went out a couple of times for sushi to Bikkuri (I think that's what it was called) near the Ebisu station, and thought it was very good.

Two questions: We're planning on staying again in December (just paying cash this time for the cheapest room, given the new category). Is breakfast at the Terraces still free for Platinum members (including on weekends)?

Has anyone gone to a buffet called Sembikiya (I think it may be a dessert buffet)? If so, is it any good?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:58 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Westin Tokyo Now

I'm usually a Miyako guy. However, after cancelling my reservation there earlier in the week and then needing an extra night, the Westin was my best option as the Miyako was full.

Cash and points. 8000+$150.
Platinum Benefits were extended which is nice and not requisite on C&P IIRC.
Upgraded to Exec Floor Corner Room w/lounge access. Room facing Tokyo Tower etc. Nice View. I didn't even ask about suites as I'm technically not entitled. Evening lounge food was not exciting at all. Breakfast looked alright but doesn't hold a candle to the Lobby Platinum Buffet option. Staff really trying hard to please guests and are outgoing.

But...I have gripes of course.
1) I informed the bell desk that I needed my golf bag stored but it was brought to my room. I could have told the young woman who muscled my bags into the room (before I could put down my toothbrush to help) to take it back. Ya, not so big a deal, I know.

2) It was musical chairs at breakfast in the lobby. I was told there were no tables, I was shown a seat at the bar. Reluctantly accepted. I was tracked down at the buffet and was told that I had been moved to accommodate others. I didn't want to sit where they put me. I said I'd take a a table then because there were a lot of empty 2 tops. Impossible, they were reserved. She said I could wait as the chef handed me my ham and cheese omelet. Awww forget it, I just sat where I didn't want to sit. Then the manager comes over a few minutes later apologizes and tries to get me to move to a table half way through my meal. Nice effort. Too late.
3) Wasn't sure if I was in the Executive lounge or the daycare center when I stopped in for some internet action. Maybe its different during the week. Dunno.
4) Lastly, the noise in the room was killing me last night. After settling in I needed to call down and ask why they were vacuuming the Exec lounge right over my head at 11:30 PM. They said they would check. Nothing changes so I call down again and ask for the MOD to come to my room before it stops. To his credit, he was there before I could get to the door. Turns out it wasn't the vacuum, just the garden fountains and massive air conditioning units 10 floors below.

Upon departure, I spoke with another MOD. My approach is to offer my feedback for the benefit of the house and future guests. He offered 2000 points and an apology. I thanked him but was a bit surprised considering that the Aloft BWI manager was able to do more in terms of a service credit when things weren't great there.

Cheers,

Scho

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.