Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
I read through the thread a bit - but read some conflicting items. Is the most convient transport to this hotel from NRT the limousine bus? We'll have 2 25" rollers with us, but not much more luggage.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Confirming other recent posts, just completed a very nice stay at this property. Upgraded to Exec room (no suite, also as noted elsewhere) but a good room, and the restaurant breakfast is excellent - definitely superior to the (fine, but much more limited) fare provided in the Lounge. Staff is attentive and professional, a mix of Japanese and non-Japanese staff, all good at their jobs in our experience. I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Tokyo. Much better stay than my 3 days at the Grand Hyatt (also a good hotel, but not nearly as welcoming in any context - perhaps status really does matter?)
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:42 am

Programs: UA
I just don't see why anyone need to put up with two changes between NRT and the hotel (Keisei/NEX+Yamanote+walk/cab) if they can afford a shortish cab ride, especially after usually very long flights.

NEX to Shinagawa or Shibuya, then a 2500 yen cab ride to the Westin. (A little less from Shibuya, but it is a much more confusing station, with a long walk to the cab stand, and it involves some backtracking).
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:17 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Parrotfish
I just don't see why anyone need to put up with two changes between NRT and the hotel (Keisei/NEX+Yamanote+walk/cab) if they...
Because trains are part of life in Tokyo… and there is no place in the world you will find better ones.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:25 am

Are there line-in inputs (RCA inputs) in the TVs in the rooms that can be used by guests? I'm thinking of plugging in a portable media player. Any other reason that would not work? Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: spg gold, hilton silver, aa platinum, ci gold
executive floor room info

Originally Posted by MagMile
Are there line-in inputs (RCA inputs) in the TVs in the rooms that can be used by guests? I'm thinking of plugging in a portable media player. Any other reason that would not work? Thanks.
First time here at the Westin Tokyo.

I've got a nice TV in my room on the 16th Floor (Executive Level).
It's a Sony 32" Flat Screen on a swivel with access to the inputs.

I've also got an asian hot water dispenser in my room.

Very satisfied!
Old May 13, 2008, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Just finished a very nice stay with my family and some family friends, 4 rooms all told for 5 nights each. The hotel appears to be more SPG-friendly than has been reported here, perhaps due to the (relatively new, since November 07) General Manager. He's making a concerted effort to get the staff to be a bit more outgoing and welcoming, and it shows: since my stay here last December, I can see a difference in the front desk, concierge and lounge staff; all are a little more outgoing and friendly, not quite as reserved as they were a few months ago.

SPG suite recognition is still limited, but they are upgrading Plats to exec rooms (I had a nice and big corner room, #1403) with breakfast either in the lounge or a buffet feast in the 1st floor "Garden" restaurant. And the food/snacks/drinks service in the lounge on the 17th floor has been upgraded as well; very nice canapes from 5-7 or so, along with free internet. All good.
Old May 13, 2008, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Just finished a very nice stay with my family and some family friends, 4 rooms all told for 5 nights each. The hotel appears to be more SPG-friendly than has been reported here, perhaps due to the (relatively new, since November 07) General Manager. He's making a concerted effort to get the staff to be a bit more outgoing and welcoming, and it shows: since my stay here last December, I can see a difference in the front desk, concierge and lounge staff; all are a little more outgoing and friendly, not quite as reserved as they were a few months ago.

SPG suite recognition is still limited, but they are upgrading Plats to exec rooms (I had a nice and big corner room, #1403) with breakfast either in the lounge or a buffet feast in the 1st floor "Garden" restaurant. And the food/snacks/drinks service in the lounge on the 17th floor has been upgraded as well; very nice canapes from 5-7 or so, along with free internet. All good.
Thanks for the positive report!

Staying there soon, on points, and only as a Preferred Plus member, so don't expect much, but then again my hotel expectations are extremely low.
Old May 21, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Planning to stay or better would love to stay at the Westin Tokyo which I know from a holiday stay 3 years ago My wife and myself loved it. This time I am going on business to Tokyo and have to stay there for 15 days. Price at the Westin fro company purpose is a bit at the expensive side and I am looking for some ways to get the cost per night down. Does anybody have an idea, does anybody know some discount codes or other ways to bring the cost down - any help would be most welcome

thanks
Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:00 am

Shipping to Westin Tokyo via FedEx from the U.S.

Does anyone know if it is possible to ship packages to the Westin Tokyo from the United States using FedEx and have the hotel hold the package until my arrival so that I can pick it up upon Check-in?

I have relatives in Japan and would like to bring them gifts, but don't want to schlep them across Thailand for two weeks before getting to Tokyo.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by HoosinVA
Does anyone know if it is possible to ship packages to the Westin Tokyo from the United States using FedEx and have the hotel hold the package until my arrival so that I can pick it up upon Check-in?

I have relatives in Japan and would like to bring them gifts, but don't want to schlep them across Thailand for two weeks before getting to Tokyo.
Sure, don't see why not. You may want to call the concierge in advance, but this is pretty standard stuff. People do it all the time for trade show materials, etc.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, SPG Plat
I normally stay in the Westin when I go to Tokyo - but I have changed companies and will be going to a new (to me) Tokyo office in the Aoyama part of Tokyo - it is near Gaienmae station.

Is the Westin still a reasonable place to stay or is there a closer starwood hotel? How long of a taxi ride would it be (obviously allowing for traffic variations) from the Westin to Aoyama?

Thanks in advance

1K from MRY
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:33 pm

Any Tokyo experts out there?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 1K from MRY
I normally stay in the Westin when I go to Tokyo - but I have changed companies and will be going to a new (to me) Tokyo office in the Aoyama part of Tokyo - it is near Gaienmae station.

Is the Westin still a reasonable place to stay or is there a closer starwood hotel? How long of a taxi ride would it be (obviously allowing for traffic variations) from the Westin to Aoyama?

Thanks in advance

1K from MRY
Depends on what time you are leaving and the traffic of course but it should be around 10-15 min. It will probably cost around 1500 JPY. The Westin Tokyo will be the closest starwood hotel for you.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:14 pm

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.