FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old May 13, 2008, 10:45 pm
UnitedSkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Just finished a very nice stay with my family and some family friends, 4 rooms all told for 5 nights each. The hotel appears to be more SPG-friendly than has been reported here, perhaps due to the (relatively new, since November 07) General Manager. He's making a concerted effort to get the staff to be a bit more outgoing and welcoming, and it shows: since my stay here last December, I can see a difference in the front desk, concierge and lounge staff; all are a little more outgoing and friendly, not quite as reserved as they were a few months ago.

SPG suite recognition is still limited, but they are upgrading Plats to exec rooms (I had a nice and big corner room, #1403) with breakfast either in the lounge or a buffet feast in the 1st floor "Garden" restaurant. And the food/snacks/drinks service in the lounge on the 17th floor has been upgraded as well; very nice canapes from 5-7 or so, along with free internet. All good.
Thanks for the positive report!

Staying there soon, on points, and only as a Preferred Plus member, so don't expect much, but then again my hotel expectations are extremely low.