Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Munich, Germany, which hotel? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich, Germany, which hotel? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
@ Flying Lawyer: Was this a junior suite in the tower? If so even in the tower floors?
No, on 16. "No upgrades to the Towers" was the agent's statement on check in
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Oh yes, if you aren't a "Stammgast" most time no Tower rooms. But if you are a frequent guest this will normaly change everything.

BTW which agent? The normal front counter agent or one of the tower agents?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.126 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Front desk agent. But seriously: The location plus the poor room plus the poor lounge will certainly not make me a returning guest. For location it will be the LM again, for lounge and location the City Hilton
Old Dec 1, 2008, 4:47 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.126 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Front desk agent. But seriously: The location plus the poor room plus the poor lounge will certainly not make me a returning guest. For location it will be the LM again, for lounge and location the City Hilton
For lounge and location I choose either City Hilton or Sheraton Westpark. I like the rooms at the latter + free internet.
I try to avoid the Sheraton Grand, unless I am on a work-sponsored mattress/BRG run...
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by 2035
For lounge and location I choose either City Hilton or Sheraton Westpark. I like the rooms at the latter + free internet.
I try to avoid the Sheraton Grand, unless I am on a work-sponsored mattress/BRG run...
Are you sure about lounge and westpark???

If the lounge at the grand is poor , as Flying Lawyer has posted, what will be the lounge there??? poorer or ... ???
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:49 pm

If you wish to be close to the train station the Le Meridien is icredibly convenient-about 150 yards.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:25 am

There is absolutely NO difference between executive and towers rooms, except the free internet in the towers at the Sheraton Grand Hotel.

The lounge is not too big, but has a good service and serves nice food in the evening.

btw: I got an upgrade to a queen suite one time. Seperate sleeping and living room and a big bathroom with tv but pretty poor interior. I would never think about paying the regular rate for that (> 600 €).
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:20 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Free internet access???

So if you do not get an upgrade to the tower floor, you end up paying also for your internet access €17=rip off. Frankly, I do not know what the fuss is all about for the Grand/westin munich, value for money, this hotel is not worth it! There are much better services at other SPG Munich properties.

As a Plat member, you get better treatment elsewhere and cheaper! I strongly recommend for many reason to stay at other SPG properties
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:25 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I think the Westpark has a great lounge and train access is easy as well. Plus, it's an inexpensive property. Ive stayed at the LM as well, not as many benefits.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:01 am

Wink

Originally Posted by chanp
I think the Westpark has a great lounge and train access is easy as well. Plus, it's an inexpensive property. Ive stayed at the LM as well, not as many benefits.
The lounge at the Arabellapark is better than the lounge at the Westpark. Unfortunately the lounge at the Arabellepark is closed at weekends
Old Dec 22, 2008, 1:55 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
The lounge at the Arabellapark is better than the lounge at the Westpark. Unfortunately the lounge at the Arabellepark is closed at weekends
That is not exactly true!!! It is closed on Saturday from 5pm onwards ( which can be a pain at times), but open otherwise all sunday. I have been to all Munich SPG properties and I can clearly say that the lounge at the Grand offers the best food. However, the Arabella opposite, has the best view and comfort albeit a bit small. The Westpark is nice and offer many amenities but is rather small. Food is to a minimum even though the breakfast is somewhat better than the arabella Bogenhausen. No lounge @ LM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread......

What is the best route via train from the MUC airport to the Sheraton Westpark Hotel?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread......

What is the best route via train from the MUC airport to the Sheraton Westpark Hotel?
Take the S8 (if I recall correctly it is slightly faster than the S1 to the city center) to either Marienplatz or Karlsplatz and transfer to either the U4 or U5 (go in the Westend/Laimerplatz direction) get off at Heimeranplatz.

Don't take an escalator. Find the elevator that is on the U-bahn platform (it will be towards the direction the train was coming from). Take it to the street level and you will find yourself right in front of the hotel - and I mean *right* in front....like less than 10 meters to the front door.

Also if you do not have a lot of luggage and you are tired of sitting, you may wish to exit at Marenplatz and take a very nice stroll to the West to Karlsplatz station to get on the U-bahn.

Have a great trip!!!!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by VPescado
Take the S8 (if I recall correctly it is slightly faster than the S1 to the city center) to either Marienplatz or Karlsplatz and transfer to either the U4 or U5 (go in the Westend/Laimerplatz direction) get off at Heimeranplatz.

Don't take an escalator. Find the elevator that is on the U-bahn platform (it will be towards the direction the train was coming from). Take it to the street level and you will find yourself right in front of the hotel - and I mean *right* in front....like less than 10 meters to the front door.

Also if you do not have a lot of luggage and you are tired of sitting, you may wish to exit at Marenplatz and take a very nice stroll to the West to Karlsplatz station to get on the U-bahn.

Have a great trip!!!!
You can't take the U4/5 from Marienplatz - need to change at Kalsplatz/Stachus. But if you are on the S8 the connection is shorter , and the ride faster, if you change at Ostbahnhof.
If on the S1 you can also change to the S-Bahn, but I don't recommend this as it's a bit confusing to get from the S-Bahn at Heimeranplatz. U-Bahn is better, per the instructions above.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by zerbib
The Westpark is nice and offer many amenities but is rather small. Food is to a minimum even though the breakfast is somewhat better than the arabella Bogenhausen. No lounge @ LM.

i'm planning a stay at the Westpark as Plat... Is the lounge open on weekends? And is there a minimum of drinks/food during the day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.