Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Munich, Germany, which hotel? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich, Germany, which hotel? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Westin Grand Arabella:
Currently staying at the Westin Grand Arabella. It's a solid Westin but starting to show its age. I like the neighborhood it's in. There a ReWe market nearby with a salad bar and other food to go. Also the U-Bahn station is a short walk. My two minor complaints of the Westin are that they don't have newspapers in English. Only in German. They do have downloaded newspapers on their website for guests. The other complaint is they don't allow you to bring food into the club lounge. I'm on a restricted diet and there's not much in the lounge that I can eat. Most hotels have this rule but don't enforce it. I've been told twice in two days not to bring my food into the club lounge. The second time I had to explain that I already ate the food in my room and I was just bringing in the empty container from the ReWe salad bar to dispose of it.

Sheraton Westpark:
I originally made my reservation for the Sheraton Westpark but after they showed me two rooms I asked them to cancel my reservation. The A/C was way too loud in both rooms. If you look at reviews in Tripadvisor for the Sheraton Westpark you will see six complaints about the A/C at this hotel since June 1. Until they get a new system in I would avoid the Sheraton Westpark in the summer months. Also, they only have two elevators that I saw and one wasn't working so each time I had to go up to check out my new room I had to wait around five minutes for the elevator. This is an older Sheraton with small rooms and in need of a renovation.

Residence Inn Ostbahnhauf:
I had to go to the Ostbahnhauf so I checked out Residence Inn down the block. The rooms seemed very nice and new. I was told they use the same beds as Marriotts in the U.S. The rooms are a bit smaller than the Residence Inns in the U.S. but had a small full kitchen. The TV was about a 36" TV and off to the side of the bed. The manager told me they would be replacing the TV's soon with larger TV"s that will go in the corner of the room. Also there's a coin or token operated laundry room for the guests. No a bad neighborhood but not a good one either. On my way back to the train station I noticed two middle aged people walking down the street who looked like they were alcoholics on welfare. One was a lady who was drinking a bottle of wine as she walked down the street.

Last edited by Uh Clem; Aug 15, 2019 at 12:55 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Hello all, planning a first time visit for 2 or three nights at End of May 2020. We enjoy walking and exploring the town during the day. Looking at the Le Meridien for location and how it compares to others. Appreciate any thoughts about your experiences with Bonvoy properties in Munchen. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.