Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Munich, Germany, which hotel? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich, Germany, which hotel? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
You change at Hackerbrücke to the S7 when travelling from MUC on the S1 or you change at Ostbahnhof to the U5 when travelling on the S8 into town. Best ticket for you is a Single-Day-Ticket-Gesamtnetz for 10 Euro. This is good for your journey from MUC into town and for a full day on all public transit.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
I'm doing a similar mini-MUC vacation later this month. I had booked the Westpark and 4P Olympiapark. Is the 4P really that bad? Should I look into changing?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VPescado
I'm doing a similar mini-MUC vacation later this month. I had booked the Westpark and 4P Olympiapark. Is the 4P really that bad? Should I look into changing?
It is that bad. Located in the middle of nowhere and the style of a suburban provincial YMCA.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 5:20 pm

Need similar advice about Frankfurt

Will be spending a couple of days in Frankfurt in early March as part of a short UA Mileage Run and would appreciate any suggestions about Starwood properties in / near Frankfurt.

I have read the thread on the Westin Grand, but will be ooking for something more at the budget end of the Starwood line.

Not worried about the weather ( we are from Canada ). Would prefer to stay in an interesting area downtown, as long as it is near the S-Bahn. A good breakfast and free beer would also be nice.

Thanks very much in advance.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Just got back from a quick trip to Munich (2/9 - 2/11). Stayed at LM Munich on 2/10 (Sunday night). Checked in around 11AM and our room was ready. We were upgraded to Deluxe Suite (Room 245), the room is not large but comfortable. It's a corner room. The hotel is right on top of the U-Bahn exit (a bit confusing as to the exact exit to take from the U-bahn; looking at the signs).

Took the 500 pts Platinum; turned down the offered local gift (a salad dressing shaker). Enjoyed the room at LM and also a convenient location to get to the airport in the morning (we have a 10AM flight on Delta), compared to our previous night stay at the Sheraton Westpark.

We did enjoy the lounge at the Sheraton Westpark. We had a decent breakfast, and enjoyed the nightcap (it was opened til 11PM on Saturday nigth).

Last edited by sink; Feb 26, 2008 at 3:23 pm
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Ok, we did another trip to Munich this past weekend. Stayed at LM Munich on the second night for one night. Checked in around 12PM and our room was ready. We were upgraded to an Executive Deluxe Room (Rack rate: 1,007EU), on the third floor. It was a great room, a lot larger than the Deluxe Suite we had two weekends ago. But, since this corner Executive suite was facing the Hauptbahnhof, it's a bit loud in all hours of the night (with the Tram and U-Bahn) right under/next to.

I did make it stink when I discovered there were no shampoo nor conditioner in the room. I called for service and informed them it's unacceptable for the suite to be so carelessily stocked. I was told that they will immediately bring up the shampoo and conditioner. Waited 15 minutes, and was delivered shampoo, lotion, bath jel, soap, and cologn. I thought it was a joke for them to bring two sets of everything, but no conditional. Oh well, I guess the cologn was a nice touch.

The following morning, I went to the restroom in the living room, and got my socks wet due to a leak from the sink. Opps.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Which starwood in munich

Will be in Munich for 2 days over a weekend with a companion. The hotels I am looking at are the Meridien, the sheraton munich arabellapark, and the ArabellaSheraton Grand. They all have nice amenities like pools, suanas, and steam rooms. Advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Le Meridien is convenient place to stay if you have early morning flight departures. We have stayed there on two separate occassions. We were upgraded to suites both times. The hotel lobby is so-so and no lounge, but, it's easy access to Karlsplatz.

The sheratons at Arabella are bit far and quite. I much prefer LM, or Westpark.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:43 am

Lm

Stayed at the Le Meridien recently and liked it very much. We had one of the courtyard rooms (junior suite), which was very quiet and quite large. Had great Hermes toiletries.

The location can't be beat.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:17 am

The two Sharatons are next to each other. They are a bit out from the center of town.

I stayed at the Grand and it was quite nice. Great pool, restaurant, etc.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA 2P, Bonvoy Gold
I stayed at the LM over Christmas holiday last December.
- Very clean hotel
- Modern, up-to-date decor and facilities
- Small standard room--returned to front desk and asked for another, specifically a room class upgrade, per my SPG status, which was granted after some reminding. Upgraded room (Courtyard Room, non-suite) was large.
- Great access to train station
- Reasonably short walk (10-15 min max) to the town center
- Nice breakfast buffet
- Very freindy staff all around, even down to the lady omlette chef at breakfast
An excellent choice for a 4 star and if you are SPG biased...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Although I'm typically partial to Starwood properties, I prefer the Sofitel in Munich over the Le Meridien. The Sofitel's rooms are far better in my opinion, and the beds are MUCH more comfortable (unless the Meridien has recently replaced the beds) They are right across the street from each other, just down the street from most everything you'd want to visit!

Good luck! ^
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:01 pm

I stayed at the Arabella Sheraton Grand last week and had a fabulous stay.
I was upgraded to a Junior suite qand enjoyed many benefits that were in excess of documented Plat benefits such as free internet and a nice South african bottle of red that was sent complimentary to my room and replaced twice during my week long stay.
The staff were great and helped with my every requirement.
This Hotel is 200 meters from the U4 Arabellapark train station and an easy and quick ride to Karlsplatz station from which you have an easy walk thru to the Marienplatz shopping area. I enjoyed the train trip so much I was pleased not being in the centre of Munich and it was free because of my exhibition at Messe.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could not resist a bloddy cheap promotion rate (108 Euro for an Executive Room) at the Arabella Grand, however, got really disappointed.

They had pre "upgraded" me to a Bavarian Style Executive room. On arrival I checked the availability of junior suites on my Blackberry and there were (at 5 pm) plenty of them available. After asking I got one without hesitation, however, I rarely had seen such a tired and worn room.

Lounge was nothing to write home about: Wine, Beer, Soft Drinks and a rather wide selection of junk food (no spirits).

Next time I will certainly be back to the LM and its by far more convenient location or the City Hilton.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
@ Flying Lawyer: Was this a junior suite in the tower? If so even in the tower floors?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.