Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Sydney, Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Sydney, Australia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2001, 9:12 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
It is walking distance to everything, but the airport. Nice location.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 4:11 pm

Sydney, Australia choices

Any recommendations on staying at either the Marriott or at the Renaissance in Sydney? Location, quality??
Many thanks

------------------
AA 2MM, MR Silver
Old Oct 28, 2001, 4:22 pm

The Marriott is not a resort hotel -- its more typical of a big city Marriott -- nothing special. However, you are in the middle of things around Sydney.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 8:10 am

I'd pick Renaissance because of the location. Also, see these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000562.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000658.html
Old Oct 29, 2001, 8:11 am
pjs

Just stayed at the Renaissance for 3 nights on an award stay in August. The location is fantastic. It's a 5 minute walk to the ferries or the Rocks. As a Platinum, I received a room on an executive floor with a view of the Harbor Bridge. The lounge was closed over the weekend, but we received complimentary breakfast in the restaurant for those days. We also had some good recommendations from the concierge for restaurants and itineraries in Sydney. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I did walk by the Marriott and the location isn't too bad for places like the Australian Museum (right next door) and Darling Harbor.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 8:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I am going in about 3 weeks with family (wife, two kids). At least based on the website information, the Renaissance does not have *any* room (even suites) in which they allow 4 guests. The max is listed as 3 for every room type.

Old Oct 29, 2001, 9:49 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I stayed (a very short night only, as ozstamps and Joh made prior Pub-crawl arrangements for me ...), jan-2001, at the Renaissance, and confirm the great 'walking' distance location as mentioned above.

The weekend rates, including buffet breakfast, were A$200/night/room.
Old Apr 13, 2002, 1:46 pm

Marriott Sydney - Center of the Internet?

Ok...while trying to compare the Hilton to the Marriott in Sydney, I found that the Marriott Sydney is 5KM from "Internet". Hmm...do the Austrailians know something we do not? We all knew that Marriott staff occasionally think of themselves as the center of the world...but the Internet? Go figure. Btw - If you have any advice between the two hotels, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.marriotthotels.com/dpp/Pr...-390527322956}
Old Apr 14, 2002, 4:07 pm

We haven't stayed at the Hilton, but have stayed at the center of the Internet. It's a nice property in a good location. The rooms are over-sized for Marriott standards, and had a microwave, coffee maker and small refridgerator. We were only Silver at the time but were upgraded to access to the concerige lounge. The breakfasts were fantastic. A European spread including meats, cheeses, fish, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc. The evening offerings were very modest on food, but I believe mixed drinks were served at no charge.
Our family of four fit comfortably in the room. The hotel is near a subway entrance and right on Hyde park. Try to get a room facing the park.
Suzanne
Old Apr 16, 2002, 2:43 pm
DKM

You might also want to consider the Renaissance Sydney. The staff is very helpful and the location right near The Rocks and Circular Quay is wonderful. I stayed there last month and had a room with a view of the Opera House.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 8:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DKM:
You might also want to consider the Renaissance Sydney. The staff is very helpful and the location right near The Rocks and Circular Quay is wonderful. I stayed there last month and had a room with a view of the Opera House.</font>
Do you remember your room number? Could you suggest a good restaurant near there? I'll be staying at that property in June.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 10:19 pm

We decided that we will stay at the Renaissance Sydney, we have a Opera House view as well, on an award stay (they made a little confirmed exception from the normal non-opera house view)
Old Apr 17, 2002, 1:00 pm
DKM

Hi SpuddBrother:

I was in room 2105. I was traveling by myself, so dining was a mostly casual affair. I hope you'll consider doing the Harbour BridgeClimb - it's fantastic. If you want to learn more about it, visit www.bridgeclimb.com

David
Old Apr 17, 2002, 1:10 pm

SpuddBrother, when in June?
Old Apr 17, 2002, 10:50 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
You've done well to avoid the Hilton. Quite well located but desperately dated and now quite shabby inside. The Marriott seems pretty good but the Renaissance is probably the all-round best bet. Have fun in Sydney!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.