Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Stay at the RI downtown. Join Zip car. Lots of Zips in Center City.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I've stayed at Deptford many times (I was on a temp job site & stayed there for 2 months in 2005, plus many solo nights back in that area the past 7 years). It's a typical RI, nothing special. There's a mall/shopping centers and a bunch of restaurants nearby. Not terribly easy for getting over to the city, though.

It's worth noting that you'll pay $5 to cross the bridges from NJ into PA (toll is only when traveling west.. "NJ wants you to stay so bad, they charge you to leave" [kidding]). Making 1 trip a day won't be too bad, but if you plan on going to the hotel several times in a day, it can add up quickly!

Have you thought about staying at the RI near PHL? That's an older RI, but nothing wrong with it. If you're planning on going south into DE at all (tax-free shopping, Brandywine area, etc), it's an easy hop from there.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Thanks for the tip on the tolls - didn't realize that. Lot's of good advice.

Bruce
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by BruceWG
Thanks for the tip on the tolls - didn't realize that. Lot's of good advice.

Bruce
A bargain! Its double and then some more to go between NJ and NY.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Deptford is probably closer for driving into Philly time-wise; it's right next to Rt 42 which is a freeway, and 70 isn't the fastest road. Another option would be to do Cherry Hill and drive down I 295 3 or 4 miles to the Woodcrest PATCO station and take the train into Philly. $3 each way but you don't have to deal with parking in the city. http://www.ridepatco.org/
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fordan
Deptford is probably closer for driving into Philly time-wise; it's right next to Rt 42 which is a freeway, and 70 isn't the fastest road. Another option would be to do Cherry Hill and drive down I 295 3 or 4 miles to the Woodcrest PATCO station and take the train into Philly. $3 each way but you don't have to deal with parking in the city. http://www.ridepatco.org/
The route 42 and Walt Whitman bridge option really depends on the time of day. Doing it before 9:00 in the morning is a bear. Route 70 at that time actually moves reasonably well.

The Woodcrest PATCO high speed line option is another good thought for tourist excursions. It also brings the Bishop's gate property back into the fold because that one is also very close to the rte 38/295 interchange and is less than 10 minutes from Woodcrest at most times of the day.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by BruceWG
My wife and I are planning a five night trip to I'm looking at three hotel options - Residence Inn Deptford, Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia or Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate. I'm basing this on our positive experiences at Residence Inn's, hotel categories (4), and location.
I live(d) very close to Mt. laurel location and a short drive from the rest so I can't rate the hotel itself. Mt. Laurel is a great neighborhood for working or living but there really isn't much else redeeming. Sure there is most of a mall, and restaurants (even an Uno in walking distance) and that's it.

If finances allow stay downtown.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Bruce WG -- you might want to consider the RI Conshohocken -- which provides free parking and is right at a stop on the commuter train line into Philadelphia. It is only a Category 4 -- as of this writing, don't know if it is going up -- hotel and it gets good marks on Tripadvisor.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:21 pm

3 RI options in Philly

I am at the new Courtyard at the Navy Yard tonight. A 2 minute drive from the arena.

Very nice brand new property and free parking. Extremely nice staff.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
In addition to the price of tolls, the cost of parking in Philly is also quite high. I would give serious consideration to the RI Downtown, as others have mentioned. You can take the subway from there to the ballpark, you are walking distance to most (if not all) sight-seeing, and there are SO many dining options within a short walk. If you need to rent a car for day, at least you don't have to pay for parking. Just pick it up and drop it off the same day.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Thanks for all the suggestions - good stuff.

Bruce
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Marriott in philadelphia

Was thinking about heading to Philadelphia for a weekend and looking for good value marriotts to stay at. I would likely just take a train in from NYC, so I would not have access to a car. I am not familiar with the city. I am looking for a good location that is not super expensive that I can get to/from major attractions without having a car. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Residence Inn as a possibility since it looks central.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
The RI and CY are basically right next to each other. I like the CY and have always been treated well there. I'd stay away from the Marriott as it's a bit huge and impersonal.

If you can swing a rate at the RC it's excellent. I'd also look into the Franklin since it's close to the historical sights.

Getting around Philly is pretty easy. There's lots of public transit plus cabs and Uber are reasonable.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
No experience with the CY, but I like the RI.

Clean and comfortable rooms and they put out a nice spread for the breakfast buffet.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I have stayed at the CY, MR, and RC many times. They're basically all within 2 blocks of each other, and the location is very good. Figure about a $8 Uber ride from 30th St Station.

The RC is very nice although they've really cut back on benefits. If you can get a good rate it's worth it.

The MR is huge - it's actually the biggest hotel in PA. I've had a 100% upgrade success at this hotel and the lounge is now open on weekends for breakfast which is a nice plus. It's a pretty typical MR otherwise.

I like this CY a lot. It's in a wonderful historic building and the rooms have an artsy/edgy vibe. But of course, not real elite benefits.

Can't speak to the Franklin or the RI. But if you pick any of the above 3 you can't really go wrong.

Go to Reading Terminal Market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.