Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:47 am
aly

Arrow PHL Marriott & Reniassance Airport

Staying this weekend at the airport marriott and renaissance hotels, and am using a preferred rate with PP's;

I wanted some input from fellow FT'ers about these 2 hotels; (i will have a car and will be driving to West Chester on business..)

TIA

(PS: did use the search and got some input on priceline rates n all but more info would def. be appreciated)
Old Aug 30, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I am headed to the Airport Marriott tonight...waiting for my flight in Atlanta...will post an update when I get there.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:53 pm
aly

thx..

Originally Posted by IrieDame
I am headed to the Airport Marriott tonight...waiting for my flight in Atlanta...will post an update when I get there.
in advance thx for the info;..!
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
very nice room...not large but nicely appointed. Bathroom is average but very clean...for an airport hotel, very nice...I was on the 14th fllor and I think there are 15...was a bit noisy though, heard noises from the airport all night but not intolerable. Due to the convenience and the cleanliness, I would highly recommend it.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:31 am
aly

great news..

Originally Posted by IrieDame
very nice room...not large but nicely appointed. Bathroom is average but very clean...for an airport hotel, very nice...I was on the 14th fllor and I think there are 15...was a bit noisy though, heard noises from the airport all night but not intolerable. Due to the convenience and the cleanliness, I would highly recommend it.
thx again for your input..!

EDIT: stayed last week, clean room, and the service was great. no complaints in general, a little disappointed that the PP rate is only 178 but...

As indicated by IrieDame the location is convenient and the staff was willing and ready to find a solution (when i needed driving directions); so all in all a positive experience..!!

Last edited by aly; Sep 6, 2007 at 4:27 pm
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Hello,

I plan to be in the Philadelphia Downtown area the week of June 10th. Any changes to any of these hotels (Marriott Downtown, Courtyard Downtown, & Residence Inn Downtown) since this thread began last year. I booked at the Courtyard; I had my eye on one of the other two, but I didn't see any availabilty. Is there some kind of event or convention that week?

From what I understand, these 3 hotels are within a block of each other. It's been 9 years since I was last in the area. Please advise as to the various restaurants/fine dining that near these 3 hotels.

Please advise of any changes that I need to be aware of.

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Marcell
Hello,

It's been 9 years since I was last in the area. Please advise as to the various restaurants/fine dining that near these 3 hotels.

Thanks.
Highly recommend (easy walk from Marriott properties (we were in the FS):

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant
One South Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
(215) 568-6888
1-888-344-6861 toll free
http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/

Also, not "fine dining" but absolutely superb ice cream: Bassetts has an outlet in the Reading Market also very close by (and the Market is definitely worth a looksee, you might find something else to tempt you.).
Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:15 pm

Hello,

I plan to be in the Philadelphia Downtown area the week of June 10th. Any changes to any of these hotels (Marriott Downtown, Courtyard Downtown, & Residence Inn Downtown) since this thread began last year. I booked at the Courtyard; I had my eye on one of the other two, but I didn't see any availabilty. Is there some kind of event or convention that week?

From what I understand, these 3 hotels are within a block of each other. It's been 9 years since I was last in the area. Please advise as to the various restaurants/fine dining that near these 3 hotels.

Please advise of any changes that I need to be aware of.

Thanks.
The Marriott is now having it's lobby remodeled. It will be done by June but I have no idea why there isn't any availability. The courtyard is across the street from the FS Marriott and is quite nice. In some ways I like it better than the FS Marriott.There are so many restaurants near these hotels. The Maggiano's across the street is an especially good restaurant for a franchise, but not fine dining. Then there's Ruth's Chris, Capitol Grille, The Palm, Susannah Foos (about 5 blocks away), McCormick and Schmick's, etc.

Across the street from the FS Marriott (and a block from the Courtyard) in the Reading Terminal Market is the Down Home Diner which has an extensive breakfast menu at very reasonable prices. The police all eat there as do local people. It's kind of a neat place.

I'm not too fond of the RI. It's okay but.........................

Bobette

Last edited by b1513; Mar 21, 2008 at 6:22 pm
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by rahmanbar
Highly recommend (easy walk from Marriott properties (we were in the FS):

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant
One South Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
(215) 568-6888
1-888-344-6861 toll free
http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/

Also, not "fine dining" but absolutely superb ice cream: Bassetts has an outlet in the Reading Market also very close by (and the Market is definitely worth a looksee, you might find something else to tempt you.).
Thanks for the recommendation. I've eaten at the Baltimore and Charlotte ones. McCormicks & Schmicks is an excellent restaurant. What are the names of some eateries that sell The Philly steaks (the good ones)? How far is Gino's from this area?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
As for the Airport Marriotts, I like the Renaisance better... and the GM loves to give away points.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
As for the Airport Marriotts, I like the Renaisance better... and the GM loves to give away points.
Too true - they once gave me 500 pts when I pointed out that their in room literature stated the pool closed at 11 when in fact it closed at 10.

While you're there, wave across the street at me. I'm currently sitting in the office complex across the street.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
How far is Gino's from this area?
Geno's is at 1219 S. 9th street. Take a cab.
http://www.genosteaks.com/directions.html

Pat's is across the street.

Jim's Steaks is at the corner of 4th and South. Take a cab.

Others here recommend Tony Lukes.

Personally, I think you'll do fine at any one of the numerous sidewalk vendors. (If you're there during the week.)
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have posted in a while, but I wanted to say that the Philadelphia trip taken during the period June 9-13 was very enjoyable. I was up there on business for two of the days and then I stayed an extra day on my own. I stayed at the Residence Inn Penn Square. The room was decent with a flat screen tv.

I attended a business meeting at the Sheraton University City hotel near Penn University. While in the area, I went to the cheesesteak restaurant called Abner's. The cheesesteaks there were superb.

At the Residence Inn Penn Square area, I did some sightseeing and walked down Market Street. I ate at the McCormick & Schmicks restaurant around the corner from the hotel. The food was excellent as recommended by rahmanbar. I also dined at Chilis and the Olive Garden.

As previously mentioned, the Marriott Downtown is right behind the Residence Inn while the Courtyard is right beside the Residence Inn. There is an parking lot between the Residence Inn and the Marriott Downtown.

On Saturday, before I left, I drove down to the infamous Geno's Steaks. I thought about taking a cab, but the meter would have ran too high. I never seen so many people. I had never driven through Philly streets before but I took a chance and drove down to the South Philly area on 8th street from Market Street (as 9th street was a one-way street). The cheesesteaks were delicious.

I enjoyed my time in Philly and plan to go back much sooner.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:30 pm
LAR

Philadelphia Downtown or Residence Inn

Hi All,

Looks like they are right next to each other.

Wife and I are planning on bringing our three boys (4,8,10) to Phily and plan to use points. Our primary concern is hotel room space. Are the Residence Inn rooms substantially larger? Perhaps their 'One Bedroom Suite' really has a separate bedroom?

Thanks!
LAR
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:35 pm
LAR

I should add that if anyone would recommend a better cash option with a hotel in the neighborhood (with large rooms), I'm all ears!

thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.