FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:53 pm
Marcell

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Hello Everyone,

I have posted in a while, but I wanted to say that the Philadelphia trip taken during the period June 9-13 was very enjoyable. I was up there on business for two of the days and then I stayed an extra day on my own. I stayed at the Residence Inn Penn Square. The room was decent with a flat screen tv.

I attended a business meeting at the Sheraton University City hotel near Penn University. While in the area, I went to the cheesesteak restaurant called Abner's. The cheesesteaks there were superb.

At the Residence Inn Penn Square area, I did some sightseeing and walked down Market Street. I ate at the McCormick & Schmicks restaurant around the corner from the hotel. The food was excellent as recommended by rahmanbar. I also dined at Chilis and the Olive Garden.

As previously mentioned, the Marriott Downtown is right behind the Residence Inn while the Courtyard is right beside the Residence Inn. There is an parking lot between the Residence Inn and the Marriott Downtown.

On Saturday, before I left, I drove down to the infamous Geno's Steaks. I thought about taking a cab, but the meter would have ran too high. I never seen so many people. I had never driven through Philly streets before but I took a chance and drove down to the South Philly area on 8th street from Market Street (as 9th street was a one-way street). The cheesesteaks were delicious.

I enjoyed my time in Philly and plan to go back much sooner.