Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I've stayed at the Courtyard and Marriott but not the Residence Inn. As a Platinum, I asked for (and got) upgraded rooms both times I stayed there and these were fairly spacious (junior suites?). At the Marriott, you could get upgraded to the Concierge floor but that was about it, for me at least.

I wouldn't refuse to stay at either but overall, I found the Courtyard more easy to deal with. The staff was more personable (compared to the constant hustle and bustle at the Marriott) and while it had fewer frills, what they did offer worked pretty well.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:31 pm

I've stayed at all 3 hotels a number of times. I prefer the CY. I like the building itself. I'm not crazy about the location of the hotels and lately have been staying at the Doubletree more often than not because of that and also because I'm Diamond with Hilton but the location is the main reason.

Bobette
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Parking?

This was a timely post -- I am staying in a few weeks and was deciding between RI and CY. Where is the best parking? Some of you said there is better parking off-site?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
RI is $48 per day and CY is $40 per day. There is cheaper parking off-site.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
So as I investigate this morning I see the RI has 1BR suites (which I know from experience and would probably get upgraded to). The FS has 76 suites (photos are awesome) but with 1300+ rooms that's not a good percentage. The CY has 1BR and 2 room suites with 498 rooms, but the website doesn't list how many suites. Does anyone have upgrade experience at the FS and CY?
According to the fact sheet for the Philadelphia Courtyard Downtown there are:

15 floors , 437 rooms , 61 suites

I actually prefer the FS Marriott as I have gotten some good upgrades to suites there. My experience at the CY is upgrades to suites are harder to come by and the standard rooms are fairly small.

The CY is in an historic building and the lobby has an historic charm.

However, I find the beds at the FS Marriott to be much more comfortable.

Both the CY and the FS Marriott have an indoor pool, if that is important to you.

The FS is a large convention hotel, which can be rather busy. But last time at the CY, I got attitude from the FDC when I inquired about an upgrade.

Last time we stayed at the FS, we ordered the amenity instead of points. Room service called saying they were out of the 1/2 bottles of red. I asked for a nice cabernet and to our surprise they brought up a really good cab that was priced on their wine list at $55.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by caiken
This was a timely post -- I am staying in a few weeks and was deciding between RI and CY. Where is the best parking? Some of you said there is better parking off-site?
Sometimes it takes a long time to get your car at the CY if you valet oark, sometimes not. They contract out for their valet parking. The FS Marriott has fast car delivery. I can't remember the RI parking situation so it must have been satisfactory.

Bobette
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:59 pm

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Residence doesn't earn enough pts (5pt/$ vs 10pt/$ at CY and M). The CY is basic. I'll stay there if there's a convention going on. I got stuck in the M during the bridge players convention. Lounge had security like it was night club, doing one out, one in. My Plat status got me free RS breakfast, but wasn't offered to others. Also, elevators are packed during conventions. CY is my backup, but both are backups to the Ritz.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:03 pm

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Crap, didn't even answer the main Q. When I'm using Cat 4 in PHL, I'm usually at the Marriott West on Conshohocken, but normally I'm at King of Prussia shopping and I have a car. I think there is a regional rail that does Conshohocken to Downtown though right outside that property.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
3 RI options in Philly

My wife and I are planning a five night trip to Philly in early September. We'll rent a car and because she's never been there will do a combination of "typical" tourist things, see a ballgame, and try to check out the overall area. We'll be out and about in the daytime, back to the hotel to relax at night so nightlife and being close to the action isn't important.

I'm looking at three hotel options - Residence Inn Deptford, Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia or Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate. I'm basing this on our positive experiences at Residence Inn's, hotel categories (4), and location.

I'd appreciate input both from the perspective of the specific hotels, and ease of driving to/from them into the downtown Philly area. I found a few comments by searching but not a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Bruce
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:29 pm

I have not stayed at any of these properties so I cannot comment on that.

I will say that each of them is probably a 15-30 minute drive into the city based on traffic. All 3 are near major roads/highways that lead to Philly so they are all relatively convenient if you are ok with the commute time.

They are also all close to a number of restaurants, starbucks, coffee shops, etc. if you want to pick something up in the morning/night.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Bishop's gate will be the longest drive to/from Philly and there is very little adjacent to the hotel. Within 10 minutes there are quite a few good restaurants and shops though.

Cherry hill will be the most convenient for overall access to Philly city center and is probably the most 'balanced' location in terms of Philly access and nearby restaurants, shops, etc.

I'm not terribly familiar with the Deptford property location but it would be a longer trip to center city versus Cherry Hill.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
What we did was stay in Philly with no car. Then after almost a week of sightseeing rented one downtown and explored Delaware, then returned it to the airport. The car was surprisingly affordable for the different drop, and we were so glad we did not have a car in Center City. There is so much to see in Philly that I would not want to be driving in/out, finding parking, day after day.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What we did was stay in Philly with no car. Then after almost a week of sightseeing rented one downtown and explored Delaware, then returned it to the airport. The car was surprisingly affordable for the different drop, and we were so glad we did not have a car in Center City. There is so much to see in Philly that I would not want to be driving in/out, finding parking, day after day.
That was a thought I had too. There's a RI right in the center of town, close enough to just about everything you'd want to see and it can be had for very good rates depending on schedule (check AAA rates). And seconded that you really don't need a car in downtown Philly for several days worth of tourist activity. Much cheaper to walk and cab it compared to parking plus the cost of the car.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Thanks for all the feedback - very much appreciated. Looks as if our trip will be Sept 6 - 11 and I'll look into both options.

Bruce
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
That RI downtown is in a fantastic location (you'll love Reading Terminal Market - we also toured City Hall and the Masonic Temple, both spitting distance), but it's a category 6. Unfortunately he will not be able to use any certs, but stay there and then use them out of the city, lots to see out in the PA/DE countryside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.