Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Question about this hotel again... as I'll be back for 5 nights next month this time.. (for the Black and Blue week-long event).

Is it worth it to redeem 12K points for a suite upgrade or should I just wing it and hope for the best.

Also, I do know that the hotel does not give 'free' stuff to Plats, especially breakfast. But on the reservation, I booked and paid in full for the prepaid rate, and in there it states "AAA breakfast rate". Does that mean I get breakfast too? This only shows up on the main "view my reservation" page but it doesn't show up when I click on "Printed View". I wonder if it is a glitch. Cos when I previewed my reservation last night, it showed up and I printed it out. But when I looked at it again this morning, it's gone. It just says "Prepaid rate 30% off". However, I have the pirnted page and will it to show the front desk just in case!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Sep 23, 2008 at 3:22 am
Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Watch this hotel its BAD for adding charges... a lot of us use this hotel and have a lot of problems with billing issues.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beware: Some rooms at this hotel are undergoing some renovations. No major disuruption though I was awoken on Tues morning with bangs and drilling!

I agree on the exorbitant charges re: room service. In fine print - to be added to order, $5.00 plus 18% gratuity charge (to who I wonder), plus applicable taxes which is 5% GST and 8%QST. So a $5 cup of coffee may end up to something like $15!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I really like this hotel, but my major gripe is the insane prices on everything. Room service is off the charts- its actually $9 for coffee (plus all crazy charges). Cereal and milk is $18.. Voss water is $8..valet is $40, internet $20 (though you can get it free if you log on in the lobby and get a free 24 hour pass)..anyway I love the location and staff but the charges are a bit ridiculous..I'm excited for the Westin to open around the corner.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pitbrian
....I'm excited for the Westin to open around the corner.
Really? When?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Not soon enough! The website says April 09
http://www.westinmontreal.com/
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:11 pm

As if the internet couldn't get any more expensive at the W Montreal.. a new "enhancement" has been recently rolled out. You can no longer get 24 hours free by doing the lobby log-in trick.. that now only gives you 1 hour of free wireless.

With the new rate plans you can choose between "Lite" and "Enhanced"... the difference between beats the hell out of me and no explanation is given at time of purchase (that I saw). I cheaped out and got the lite and it seems fast enough (then again how much bandwith do you need to browse FT).

$19.00 for 1 day of High Speed Lite
$25.00 for 1 day of High Speed Enhanced
$38.00 for 2 days of High Speed Lite
$50.00 for 2 days of High Speed Enhanced
$52.00 for 3 days of High Speed Lite
$68.00 for 3 days of High Speed Enhanced
$66.00 for 4 days of High Speed Lite
$76.00 for 4 days of High Speed Enhanced
$80.00 for 5 days of High Speed Lite
$100.00 for 5 days of High Speed Enhanced

Also- they have new, free I-phone mobile concierges to use. I started a new thread to discuss them specifically, but they are pretty interesting.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Internet Fees

I specifically jailbroke my iPhone and installed tethering software, so I would finally be free of Internet costs in hotels (at least in Canada). Rogers allows tethering in their plans unlike AT&T in the states.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: YOW-AC*SE,SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Club
Self-parking?

Do they have a parking garage at this hotel or do you have to use valet parking? Any idea of the charges?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:35 am

They have a lot across the street that they use for valet. Its really expensive- something like $40/day. There are definitely cheaper places to park... I think its been discussed earlier in the thread. Everything at this hotel is pricy (a pot of coffee is something like $9 from room service). great hotel though!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Go two blocks either North or south and you will find cheaper parking at self service lots.
Of course with the current temp's that may be a loooooong two block walk
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Any recent Platinum (suite) upgrade experiences?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nologic
Any recent Platinum (suite) upgrade experiences?
I was upgraded to a Fantastic Suite on a three-night stay just before New Year's. I'll post a photo report as soon as I upload my pictures to Flickr.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:45 am

I always get fantastic suites and once in a while WOW suites. Both are nice.. the Fantastic Suite is basically an extended mega room with a large (queen size) couch, double sinks (double Bliss product) and more windows. The Wow suite is 2 levels- same big couch, double level windows and has a loft feel.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum - OnePass Platinum
I was just there yesterday - when I checked my reservation online before heading up there it showed I was in a Fantastic Suite (upgraded from the Mega room I had booked), but when I checked in I ended up in the Mega room after all.. Hardly something to complain about, the Mega room is quite large and still very nice.

As for parking, there's a lot across the park from the property, you can enter it on Rue Sainte-Antoine (it's the first right you can make after you come down Cote du Beaver Hill). It's a very short walk to the hotel, actually it's where the W valets your car to, and the fee for parking there was $19 CAD for the night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.