Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
The Hilton shuttle is solo because the contractor has other routes where the hotels are combined. They're able to reduce trips enough on those other routes to service the Hilton with its own shuttle. The Hilton wants that because they also sell stand-alone airport parking at a nearby lot.
The last part is the real reason. That hotel also operates a separate standalone parking lot operation and the shuttle services both the hotel and the parking lot, separately.

-David
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I will be in San Bruno this weekend for a party and decided to stay at the Four Points because I can get a room for 3k points. It will just be for one night of sleep as we switch to downtown the next day. I will have a rental car, is parking here free?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ghia74
I will be in San Bruno this weekend for a party and decided to stay at the Four Points because I can get a room for 3k points. It will just be for one night of sleep as we switch to downtown the next day. I will have a rental car, is parking here free?
Yes, it's complimentary. Also, it's more convenient if you take the up ramp at the far end of the surface lot (don't take the first left turn into the ground level of the self parking structure) and park upstairs. The upper level is the same as the hotel lobby level.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Just did two mattress runs - no wait for shuttle but annoying it goes past the hotel before dropping you off

Check in very efficient and upgraded to the bi level suite - urgh ...first one very noisy and didn't personally like the set up

Second stay about to be upgraded and joked that these suites scare me and put in a suite ..again very efficient and friendly check in guy.

Would I stay there again ? No - unless under $100 - just a tad dated and poor location - virtually right on the highway..and the van driver going out should have audtioned for Mad Max
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:58 pm

I stayed here twice in November and my stay didn't post either time. They also consistently fail to post my 2,000 BRG points. The last time I stayed, I got in about 1:45am and the pakring lot was full. I parked in a non-spot just across from the front door.

Those things being said, the hotel itself is fine.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Just checked my credit card - have been billed for upgrades and no Platinum amienty points - called Plat Con - and 25 mins later refund ,250 points for each stay (not 500 ?!?) and 2,000 SPG points for the cock up....
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mandc2000
250 points for each stay (not 500 ?!?)
Correct. The standard Platinum amenity is 250 at Four Points, Element and aLoft.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I try to avoid thisw property as much as I can. Front desk staff is pleasant, rooms are clean, great for an early morning flight. However, if you don't need to leave early, expect repeated inturruptions by housekeepping, even when you put out the Do Not Disturb.

Oh, and forget complaining to the management... They keep making promisses to correct the situation, but don't and to post bonus points, but they don't. Even after several contacts. The customer does not matter here.

Fortunately, I have top status with Hilton and Marriott, so I do have other options and I use them.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by alamedaguy
I stayed here twice in November and my stay didn't post either time.
This happened again, making 3 stays in a row. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by alamedaguy
This happened again, making 3 stays in a row. Anyone else experiencing this?
I stay here several times a year and my stays have always posted the following day after checkout.

My main issue with this property is the internet. Great that it's free for everyone, but at times it's so slow it's basically unusable.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We've only stayed here twice, but as I recall, the points posted promptly.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Stayed Friday and Sunday nite. Neither stay has posted yet, but CC has been charged. Looks like I have to call CS.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Stayed Friday and Sunday nite. Neither stay has posted yet, but CC has been charged. Looks like I have to call CS.
I've stayed there 4-5 times this year and the points posted the very next day in each case.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by tigerwong
FWIW, I requested the credit online for the first two and it was pretty easy. It took a couple of extra days for the plat amenity to post, but it did.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zakami
I've stayed there 4-5 times this year and the points posted the very next day in each case.
My second stay, the amenity points didn't post. Even after talking to the GM, who was pretty hard to get hold of....

As I told the GM as well, the bi-level suites are great, but the San Bruno Mountain view (facing north) would be much enhanced if the windows were washed.

One more thing, a fitness room treadmill was defective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.