Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by Explore
My second stay, the amenity points didn't post. Even after talking to the GM, who was pretty hard to get hold of....

As I told the GM as well, the bi-level suites are great, but the San Bruno Mountain view (facing north) would be much enhanced if the windows were washed.

One more thing, a fitness room treadmill was defective.
I had to call in 3 different time to get stay, points, amenity and BRG posted. The first call only got stays and points. The second call only got the Plat amenity. I am hoping this third call finally gets it all taken care of. What a pain! I thought this was Hyatt for a second.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This property now has a parking charge of $8.95, effective January 1st, 2011. I managed to get mine reversed (only after noticing on the bill) since my stays were booked on SPG before there was any mention of the charge.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Stayed 2 nights on a Priceline stay @ $47 per night. Nice room. Good bedding and pillows. Free computer in the lobby. Front desk staff that is extra friendly. ^
Shuttle bus runs to/from the airport twice an hour.

Only fault is the shower curtain rings were tearing (asked for a replacement both mornings), and the windows were really filthy. I sent a message to the *wood folks on Twitter, who promised me they'd take care of the window situation.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Stayed 2 nights on a Priceline stay @ $47 per night.
$47 all in? Barely worth it.

-David
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
...I sent a message to the *wood folks on Twitter, who promised me they'd take care of the window situation.
Property management has a history of making promisses and not following through. Reporting any problem pretty much goes unaddressed. My pet peeve is having housekeeping banging on the door when the do not disturb sign is out. When I get in late, the last thing I need is someone waking me up early in the morning.

If the report of them charging for guest parking is true, it's a NO GO policy for this property now. This property is not worth it.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Stayed 2 nights on a Priceline stay @ $47 per night.
Sure beats at least twice that amount (weekends) to have it count as a qualifying stay and get a few Starpoints worth maybe $20 even with a promo going....
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Just checked into this hotel...kinda dated but at this price this close to the airport, it really can't be beat.

However, upon checkin, I asked about the breakfast, and was told that "this hotel does not participate in the free breakfast program."

Is this correct? Can a hotel opt out of giving my expected Platinum amenity?

If so =
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Just checked into this hotel...kinda dated but at this price this close to the airport, it really can't be beat.

However, upon checkin, I asked about the breakfast, and was told that "this hotel does not participate in the free breakfast program."

If so =
i don't think breakfast was ever a Platinum amenity (at the property or part of the Platinum benefit package) (some properties do offer it, though)

the FD was probably making things up...
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:42 am

Yes, it can. Stay home or stay in a tent under a bridge or sleep in your car, stay at Holiday Inn Express, the old Sheraton Gateway (now Hilton SFO), etc, etc.

All of the above are better options than the 3 points SFO.

It's not even good enough for that 4th point, so I call it the 3 points SFO, if I'm feeling charitable, otherwise, the 2 pts SFO.

-David
Old May 27, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
email address (Concierge) needed

I will have several stays at the Four Points in July and need to get in touch with the Concierge before my arrival.

Can anybody provide the email address of the Concierge or the hotel?
Old May 27, 2011, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Flygirl_DE

I will have several stays at the Four Points in July and need to get in touch with the Concierge before my arrival.

Can anybody provide the email address of the Concierge or the hotel?
There isn't a Concierge... Your best bet is to contact the front desk and see what they can do for you. I wouldn't expect much help, it's not much more than a matress stop in and out of SFO. Read the earlier posts on stay experience.

If your stay is more than one night, check out the Westin south of the airport. It's worth the extra $s/points.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by yvr76
This property now has a parking charge of $8.95, effective January 1st, 2011. I managed to get mine reversed (only after noticing on the bill) since my stays were booked on SPG before there was any mention of the charge.
How is this being enforced? Did they put a gate/booth up?
Old May 27, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How is this being enforced? Did they put a gate/booth up?
No. It seems to change every month. They went from just asking you if you had a car, to asking for your license plate #, to now (as of this month) giving you a slip of paper to put on your dashboard with the dates of your stay.

The paper is pretty easy to photocopy if you were so inclined, and they don't actually tow anyone yet, but who knows. I'd be pretty livid if I paid for parking and got towed because I forgot to put the slip of paper on my dash or it blew off.

The way the property is set up you can't really gate easily since the parking spots are spread out.
Old May 28, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
There isn't a Concierge... Your best bet is to contact the front desk .....
@RogerD408
Thanks a lot for the info. So I have to try to get in touch with the front desk.

I read the thread before making my reservations and I can assure you that I'm already afraid about what's happening in the hotek, but on the other hand I had to consider that my stays are only very short overnight stays. Usually I would prefer a W / a Westin, but with only a few hours at the hotel each time I hope it's o.k.
Old May 28, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt

If so =
As far as I know, breakfast is not, and never has been, a Platinum amenity. At Sheraton, upgrade to club level is offered to Platinum SPG members, and breakfast is normally served in the lounge. Some Westins offer breakfast in the executive lounge, but most have no lounge. In Asia most Starwood hotels have lounges with breakfast, whether Sheraton or some other brand. In Europe most do not, even if Sheraton. In any case, any offers of breakfast, other than at a US Sheraton lounge, are strictly a good-will gesture by the management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.