Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Was here last night on a C+P booked the morning of the trip.

Fast shuttle pickup (shared with the two hotels across the street, runs every 1/2 hour from 04:00 to 01:00).

Very friendly staff at the front desk, gave me a token (chip) with my room keys. The room overlooked the Bayshore Freeway (this was not a problem for me, but light sleepers might want to ask).

Furnishings were in good shape (including a desk chair that was actually comfortable to sit in). Bathrooms very clean and with good water pressure and four bath towels ^ I didn't do a speedtest on the HSIA since I used my 4G mi-fi. Both USA Today and the WSJ were delivered in the morning.

Good overall experience, especially for a general member.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I haven't been at this property for almost a year, but unless they've upgraded their internet it's extremely slow and sometimes unusable.

Alternatives if this is a must have are the Westin SFO, or I imagine the new Aloft SFO has decent speeds too as it just opened.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:35 pm

Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Airport (SFO) [Master Thread]

Searched but did not find a master thread on this property. Any recent experiences?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I have stayed here a few times over the past year when the Westin at SFO is fully booked. It is OK for an overnight but nothing more. Rooms are clean and bathrooms fine. The Hotel is right next to 101, so it can be a little noisy.

They offer an airport shuttle but it stops at a few Hotels. Internet is free but a little slow.

Here are other reviews of the Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-bed-bugs.html
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Here you go.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I have stayed here a few times over the past year when the Westin at SFO is fully booked. It is OK for an overnight but nothing more. Rooms are clean and bathrooms fine. The Hotel is right next to 101, so it can be a little noisy.

They offer an airport shuttle but it stops at a few Hotels. Internet is free but a little slow.

Here are other reviews of the Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-bed-bugs.html
Isn't the new aloft next to the Westin a better choice?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't the new aloft next to the Westin a better choice?
It is but it only opened in August. I actually did stay there but it felt a little too casual. Cement floors and a center check in desk area was a little too modern for me. Rooms are ok and they are a little cheaper than Westin. I probably would stay there again.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:30 pm

FT search is so bad. It should be blown up and replaced with Google custom search.

Here is the relevance ranking for the thread called Four Points SFO Master Thread using the following search terms:

Four Points SFO: #16
Four Points SFO master thread: #18
Four Points San Francisco Airport: #20

That’s right, typing in all the words in thread actually gives a worse result than typing in just three. Unbelievable!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:31 pm

FT search is so bad. It should be blown up and replaced with Google custom search.

Here is the relevance ranking for the thread called Four Points SFO Master Thread using the following search terms:

That’s right, typing in all the words in thread actually gives a worse result than typing in just three. Unbelievable!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by nfg05

As has been pointed out many times, the search process ignores any words less than four characters. Especially funny for a web site where airport codes are very popular. However, placing quotes around the shorter words will force it into the search key. So searching for Four Points SFO is equivalent to searching for Four Points, but searching for Four Points "SFO" does better. And unless you know to include both, SFO and San Francisco Airport will return different results.

Personally, this thread should be merged with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html as it has much more pertinent posts.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, United Premier Exec
Disappointing

If you need all the stays you can for the next SPG level and the Westin SFO is booked or ridiculously priced, this place will do. I've decided that the two Hilton Garden Inns on either side of the airport are a better value, though. Newer rooms. Better elevators (and that's saying something, given how slow HGI elevators are). Better HVAC on cold nights.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by nfg05

Select search titles only. That returns this thread as the first, and only, result.

PBKBAC
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
anyone stay here recently????
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:54 pm

Stayed here recently. Rooms are older but it is cheaper than the aLoft or Westin. Parking is cheaper ($13/day) as well. Airplane noise is still present but nowhere as loud as the aLoft or Westin. It's a decent value for something near the airport and the cheapest Starwood option in the airport area.

Location is good, right off 101 and an onramp to 101 N literally right out the parking lot.

The HVAC makes a strange odor in the room. I turned it off because I didn't need it and the smell went away. If you needed to use the HVAC, it might be an annoyance, depending on how sensitive to smell you are.

Sent an email off to SPG support since they only gave me points for MAGC for a single night on a four night stay.

It's a decent hotel for the price but I don't think I will be staying there again.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:42 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Staying here on Friday night after a long flight, then heading to the city in the AM. According to the hotel desk, the shuttle will take me back to SFO to catch BART, but I believe there's a surcharge ($5/person?) for BART at the airport. Anyone know if I can get the shuttle to take me to San Bruno instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.