Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Checked in last night on a cash + points stay, got upgraded to a penthouse suite (bil-level), but the strange thing is that the FD agent gave me the keys to an already used room. I walked in and there was a person and I believe his wife in bed just saying "Hello" so I said sorry and went down and got the new keys. Of course I didnt see them since they were on the 2nd level of the suite.

I don't know why people don't just lock the door.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Checked in last night on a cash + points stay, got upgraded to a penthouse suite (bil-level), but the strange thing is that the FD agent gave me the keys to an already used room. I walked in and there was a person and I believe his wife in bed just saying "Hello" so I said sorry and went down and got the new keys. Of course I didnt see them since they were on the 2nd level of the suite.

I don't know why people don't just lock the door.
Yikes!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
is this property still sharing a shuttle with 3 other properties????
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
is this property still sharing a shuttle with 3 other properties????
Yes. The property is small, so several other hotels are included on the route.

At SFO, courtesy shuttle operators are penalized if they don't reduce trips and use CNG vehicles, and most hotels choose to comply through consolidation. With 50 hotels serviced by courtesy shuttles, the safety, congestion, and cost implications of everyone running their own shuttle are frightening to contemplate.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Explore
Yes. The property is small, so several other hotels are included on the route.

At SFO, courtesy shuttle operators are penalized if they don't reduce trips and use CNG vehicles, and most hotels choose to comply through consolidation. With 50 hotels serviced by courtesy shuttles, the safety, congestion, and cost implications of everyone running their own shuttle are frightening to contemplate.
thanks....so i guess it would take me 30-45 minutes to get to the property if i used the shuttle????
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
It depends on the driver; I had several stays there last year and most times it took about 15 minutes to get there.

So: very acceptable in my opinion
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flygirl_DE
It depends on the driver; I had several stays there last year and most times it took about 15 minutes to get there.

So: very acceptable in my opinion
15 minutes is not bad at all....
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does anyone know how this property is handling the free breakfast issue for plats????is it going to be a choice between the 250 points & breakfast or do plats get free breakfast here in any case????
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I've never had free breakfast here as a platinum. Mind you, I'n usually only staying here precisely because I have a pre- dawn start so I've never pushed the issue.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Keyser
does anyone know how this property is handling the free breakfast issue for plats????is it going to be a choice between the 250 points & breakfast or do plats get free breakfast here in any case????
I was just offered choice of points OR breakfast on Wednesday. As the rate included breakfast, I took the points. Over the years (on a periodic infrequent basis), breakfast was never a platinum perk.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I was just offered choice of points OR breakfast on Wednesday. As the rate included breakfast, I took the points. Over the years (on a periodic infrequent basis), breakfast was never a platinum perk.
sucks....thanks for the info....
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
rates

just checked the rates of this property.
the duplex suites go for 139usd. that seems very cheap.

even the junior suites are only 9usd on top of the standard room.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by derpelikan

Way over-priced especially for the poor service provided. Even at the $79/night rate that I have paid. But to each their own.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by derpelikan

Was there a couple of weeks ago. I thought the service was great. Staff was friendly and was upgraded to a nice bi-level penthouse suite. Nicely renovated. Would I stay there again, yes in a heart beat.,
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by gabo02
Was there a couple of weeks ago. I thought the service was great. Staff was friendly and was upgraded to a nice bi-level penthouse suite. Nicely renovated. Would I stay there again, yes in a heart beat.,
i dont expect anything special while booking a 4points.
as 4points usually are not so nice, i dont expect anything, and often i am blown away, because the hotel and service is so nice.

for 89usd for a junior stay, i will happily overnight at the airport to catch my 7am flight.

for these kinds of stays, i want cheap and a bed and a shower. breakfast i can have in the flight or in the lounge.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.