Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I don't know if this applied to you, but may be helpful to others. Four points HSIA only works with the PROVIDED ORANGE ETHERNET CORD. Using your own cord will not get you online.
They provided 2-3 ethernet cords during my stay here in May, but never one that was orange... Would've helped in the past, thanks for the advice. ^
Old Dec 9, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Anyone stayed there recently? I need one night next year and I'm deciding between Sheraton or Four Points at SFO.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Lifetime Plat/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
I stayed here last month. Booked a regular room and was upgraded to a loft suite (basically living area/kitchenette on main floor and bedroom/bathroom upstairs). It's not bad for an airport hotel. No complaints.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
I like the Sheraton Gateway more but it's a little further away from the airport than the 4 points.

The Sheraton is newly remodeled so they have a very nice lobby. The free shuttle to the airport is also convenient.

The 4 points is also nice but a little older. It's pretty much a clean, no frills type of hotel. If you are platinum, they will sometimes upgrade you to a suite on the top floor. The sitting area and kitchenette is downstairs and the bedroom is upstairs.

If price is equal, I also go to the Sheraton Gateway though.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I also got an upgrade to the split-floor room last week. Staff were fine.

For those leaving early for the airport: beware the shuttle driver and his well-meaning but cringeworthy attempts to ascertain who is flying from which terminal and what order he would be making the stops. The combination of the early hour and the poor guy's English meant a good five minutes was wasted with everyone repeating themselves about where they were headed followed by his (twice-repeated) speech about the layout of SFO. Everyone is desperate to shout "just shut up and drive to the airport!" but the guy is so sweet...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Stayed recently.

Good overall, definitely no frills. Convenient location (very close to airport, right on the freeway) for driving elsewhere but nothing to speak of in the neighborhood (an on ramp and a gas station).

Also, for a hotel that essentially exists on top of a freeway, the rooms are pleasingly quiet.

Very liberal with upgrades to the loft suites which are kinda cool.

If you've got an early flight or are visiting companies in South San Francisco or the airport area, this definitely a good, inexpensive *wood option.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Stayed here again last week on an approved BRG stay (Expedia).

This property is still holding its own. The staff is pleasant and it's kept very clean. I got another split level suite upgrade (which are pretty cool). Adequate exercise room.

Overall a nice, inexpensive, SFO/SF area property. Even w/o the BRG you can often find this property for ~100+/night.

The only downside is the location. Honestly could not be worse. I'll say it again, it's nestled between a gas station, and a freeway off ramp. One good point is a Houlihans is across the street.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Maybe I'll try it again

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
The only downside is the location. Honestly could not be worse. I'll say it again, it's nestled between a gas station, and a freeway off ramp.
This is so true. I also found it to be run down when I last stayed (a year and a half ago?). Lobby, room, exercise facility, everything. I've been staying at the Sheraton Gateway since then as a result. Maybe I'll give this one another shot given the positive preceding reviews, however. I did once have an issue (I can't remember the details now) and the manager was downright aggressive about reaching me by phone to resolve the matter after I checked out. I don't remember his name, but that was refreshing.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Just completed a stay, and I don't know where these positive reviews are coming from.

Despite being only 5 mins from the airport, the hotel feels the need to share its shuttle with 4 other hotels, yet it still only runs every 30 minutes! So plan on it taking up to 50 minutes each way to get to/from hotel! (fyi: both the now Hilton & Westin shuttle came three times in-between)

The hotel design is typical 4-points with somewhat dated decor, and old tube televisions. The loft suites (all on the 4th floor) a previous poster complimented are questionable at best (and very odd looking). There is a lot of room on the first level, however the shower is upstairs--and it's difficult to get bags up there because there is so little room around the bed. At least half of the suites (one wing of the hotel) are directly above the interstate and this hotel did NOT invest in sound-proof windows. In fact, in addition to the noise from trucks, I could hear the wind blowing through the side of the windows (despite them being locked) all night. I got very little sleep--and I'm a heavy sleeper.

Food wise, there is NOTHING near the hotel except a Houlihan's across the street at the Holiday Inn (which looks like a much nicer hotel, incidentally).

I will not be staying at this hotel again...either the Hilton (formerly Sheraton) or Westin for me. I'd strongly recommend avoiding this dump!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moulder3
...Despite being only 5 mins from the airport, the hotel feels the need to share its shuttle with 4 other hotels, yet it still only runs every 30 minutes!....
This is mandated by SFO airport to alleviate traffic congestion. All SFO airport hotels share shuttles.

There is a reason why it is a Four Point, not a Sheraton or Westin. Set your expectation to proper level and you will be happy.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TerryK
This is mandated by SFO airport to alleviate traffic congestion. All SFO airport hotels share shuttles.

There is a reason why it is a Four Point, not a Sheraton or Westin. Set your expectation to proper level and you will be happy.
The Hilton (formerly Sheraton) SFO has its own shuttle that runs every 10-15 minutes, so apparently some hotels are excluded from the mandate.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:53 am

Quick Stay Report at 4P SFO

Quick stay here before a flight out of SFO...

Great rate on spg.com

Check-in was easy. Front-desk rep was very professional and recognized platinum status and asked what amenity I would like. Asked if I wanted my original booked room or a executive jr suite. I inquired about the bi-level suites and was given one without hesitation ^^^.

The hotel lobby is small with a pseudo lobby/dining/bar area all in one. Elevators on both sides of the building. Parking is FREE around and under the hotel.

The bi-level suites are all on the top floor (4th floor). Looking at the map, it looks like there are 16 bi-level suites at this property, 5 facing the street, 5 facing the highway, and 3 each on the two shorter sides of the hotel. Normal hotel "suite" standards. First floor with guest washroom, kitchenette with minifridge, dining table for 4, business desk, sofa bed, and regular tv. Second floor with king bed, regular tv, and bathroom. All standard Four Points amenities included.

The fitness room is on the second floor with a few machines and weights and excellent view of 101.

The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes or so, stopping at 3 other properties, plan accordingly.

Did i mention free wired and wireless internet?

Overall a good hotel.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:20 pm

Agreed. I stayed here again last month.

It's a decent hotel that's a great, low cost, option with easy access to SFO, 101, and the city.

Not weekend getaway material, but serves a purpose just fine.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
It's a decent place for sleeping and stay credit, with cheap weekend rates. On both recent Friday night stays, they've upgraded me to a bi-level suite on the top floor, with a northward view of San Bruno Mountain. Large sofa and easy chairs, coffee table, dining table, bar counter, refrigerator, bottled water. Both mornings, I caught the 5:00 a.m. shuttle to SFO for an early flight.

Some of the exercise machines could use better maintenance. A treadmill did not move at a consistent rate. The single elevator near the registration desk moves very slow.

The onsite restaurant has a large menu, and is well patronized. Service is rather slow and some staff are distracted. Usual 4 Points craft beers.

On my last stay, they failed to credit the Plat amenity points, and it took a couple of calls to the GM before they responded.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by moulder3
The Hilton (formerly Sheraton) SFO has its own shuttle that runs every 10-15 minutes, so apparently some hotels are excluded from the mandate.
The Hilton shuttle is solo because the contractor has other routes where the hotels are combined. They're able to reduce trips enough on those other routes to service the Hilton with its own shuttle. The Hilton wants that because they also sell stand-alone airport parking at a nearby lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.