Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Also plan to stay there soon.

30 minutes between shuttles does sound a long time for a major airport Hotel?
Old Sep 16, 2003, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Also plan to stay there soon.

30 minutes between shuttles does sound a long time for a major airport Hotel?
</font>
Only a handful of hotels have 20 minute shuttles anymore - most have shared shuttles because of how much the airport charges shuttle services for each airport entry. When are you going to be there?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Stayed at the 4 Points SFO many times this year - no problem whatsover! Have always been recognized as a Plat.

Speaking of room service, ordered room service dinner once, and the lamb chops were superb! As good as any sit-down white table cloth resto.

Bus is slow, but so are hotel buses everywhere.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:19 am

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Recently stayed here and was upgraded to a preblocked suite on 5th floor.

I had problems hooking up my computer and when I called the front desk I got the reply that the "systems were down"-even in their own business center. I inquired as to whether they had called a technician they had no idea and couldn't care less when the system would be back on. I think this is very serious most people need to work while at airport hotels!

Breakfast buffet featured old and scrapy scrambled eggs and black bacon (perhaps because I ate at 9:15 but you would think they would refresh the buffet table). Staff was very "downscale" and unrefined.

Also, when the stay showed up on my spg acct they had registered 84 starpoints which would mean I had a room rate of $29 instead of $129... called customer service who straightened it out.

Would probably not return to this particular property.

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver
Old Sep 17, 2003, 8:36 pm

I can't say that I was too impressed with this property. The front desk staff were not particularly friendly. The room service closes at 10pm, but instead of a message saying that, the line is continually engaged. We called for about 15 minutes, then eventually called the front desk and were advised it was closed. I enquired as to why it closed so early, and the person actually hung up on me (mustn't have heard me I guess).

Then there was the shuttle, for which I waited 45 minutes.

The room was very nice, good cable, and good internet, but the bathroom I did not care for.

Would I syat there again? Unlikely to. I prefer the Westin.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:37 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I should have listened to Montys_Mayhem's warning. I am currently staying in this hotel and I have been waiting for 35 minutes for my room service breakfast already (I had ordered it for 9 a.m. because I need to get to the airport soon to catch my flight).

Well, it just arrived (35 min. late). They forgot the coffee and they forgot the orange juice. Not really apologetic. When I asked about the orange juice, they said "Oh, you want orange juice?" I said, yes, it is supposed to be included in the breakfast. "Uh, ok."

The breakfast looks really pitiful, too, quite a joke.

Also, I have to second Miles Dependent's statement that the front desk staff were not really friendly.

The room is ok, but that's about it.

Not staying here again.

Also, I will mention the room service problems at checkout.

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:43 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Update, this has to be one of the greasiest bits of food I have ever tasted, and not only that, the coffee cup was dirty and there was hair on the tray.

Disgusting.

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Sep 23, 2003, 2:32 pm

You must have had the same room service "manager" I did...!
Old Sep 24, 2003, 12:55 am

Well, they did take off 50 % of my breakfast room service bill, but looking back, I have to say it is a bit pointless, since the breakfast was not only awful, but I also lost a lot of time just waiting for the breakfast. The "assorted bread basket" consisted of two old pieces of toast and the whole tray looked like someone had already eaten half of it and then sent it back to the kitchen.

I did mention to the lady at the reception that there is a website where people talk about this hotel and that I had been warned about the room service and that I would reiterate that warning .

------------------
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

Update, this has to be one of the greasiest bits of food I have ever tasted, and not only that, the coffee cup was dirty and there was hair on the tray.

Disgusting.

</font>
Is that a piece of bacon on your shift key, or is that just a bed bug?

Old Oct 6, 2003, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Four Points SFO on the slide? [Master Thread]

Has anybody stayed here?

This is a personal trip so I can't afford to stay at The Palace.

Just wondering if the hotel is any good and whether it's convenient to get downtown/Union Square.

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I like the hotel. I have stayed there quite a number of times. I would never stay there if the purpose of my trip was to actually be in San Francisco. To use the hotel's shuttle service to the airport and then BART to the City, you'd have to plan on well over an hour each way (plus about $10 RT). A taxi will run you $35.

You may want to check some of the more last minute rates for the Palace and StF, which have been $119 to $129 much of this year. Otherwise, you may just have to forego the Starpoints and stay in another property. (I did just that last weekend, and lived. No late checkout, no 500 point amenity, odd valet situation, and so on.) I needed a BW stay to keep the account from expiring). You know? I had a clean safe room. I did have a 101 fever last night, but probably not attributable to not staying at the Palace.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Hmm... that's too bad.

I checked out the Palace and St Francis. The St Francis is totally sold out and the Palace is showing $250+ for the dates I want (Oct 15-18). Perhaps something is going on.

I think I might have to go to a Hilton instead. Well, that's still not too bad.

Old Oct 6, 2003, 9:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
You should find some good info here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/006173.html

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver
Old Apr 7, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Four Points SFO on the slide? [Master Thread]

Any feedbacks will be appreciated.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.