Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gold Card - Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by cattwl
Do they really check your ID ? :P
No,but the card is claimed Thai resident only, so you will find a resident to buy it.The card and certificates are fully transferable.I used 2011 version in April, it's fine.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just bought one in Manila for Asian Countries. They did not ask for an ID, and it says on the card it is fully transferable. Great benifits, at least here , 50% off in the restos, 50% off coupons for spa treatments, b day cake. I have had no trouble with it here in Manila, Plan on availing the 20% off room rate in HK end of August at the JW Marriott there. Will keep ou updated on how it worked out.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
Just got mine. The half inch thick coupon booklet makes me drool.......

Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:47 am

I went to renew my Marriott Gold Card Thailand and discovered they have "outsourced" the business. Their old phone number just rings and rings. I had to visit the JW BKK to find out what had happened.

The information I was given is that they stopped selling the card 30 September and the new company won't start up until some time in November. I was also told that the existing cards would still be accepted past their expiry date if they expired after September until the new card is introduced. I didn't get the opportunity to test this out.

This is a major disappointment. I have used this card and package extensively for many years and made my hotel bookings based on having the card. I will have to consider other alternatives if the outsourced card isn't as good a deal.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by canred
I went to renew my Marriott Gold Card Thailand and discovered they have "outsourced" the business. Their old phone number just rings and rings. I had to visit the JW BKK to find out what had happened.

The information I was given is that they stopped selling the card 30 September and the new company won't start up until some time in November.
Thanks for the report ... and please keep us updated.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest
I would be happy to arrange gold cards for anyone who wishes to receive it. I usually buy multiple cards for my own use, to get extra fixed rate vouchers, and lend cards to my customers and business associates here.

If interested, please PM me
Hi there
I saw on your post that you have multiple Marriott gold cards for Thailand. I am looking for a card for Dec / Jan. Do you have one available that I could purchase from you?
Many thanks
Samantha
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
The new program, to be called Club Marriott, will start in January. Although I'm told it will be similar (no documents are yet available) to the current program obviously they wouldn't be changing vendors if they were only going to tweek the system a little. Hopefully the changes will not be as drastic as the Sheraton Privilege were!

Originally Posted by Kalboz
... please keep us updated.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
O BTW just randomly saw this ... there's mention of new program coming up soon so things should be clear soon I guess

http://asp1.radicaepost.com/riservic...trackerType_3/
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Marriott Gold Card

I was back in BKK last month and totally forgot to go and see Pookie who manages the program at the JW Marriott in BKK. I did sit down with her in the business center last year to discuss joining and she said to stop by next time I am in BKK. After my last trip I did send her an email stating that I'd be back in a few weeks and she told to stop by if I was still interested in purchasing the card. No mention of a new program. If it is required that you put a BKK address on the application I have that and probably should put it on right away. I am arriving BKK on Dec 1 for about 12 days and will be staying at one of the Marriotts.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craig44485
Just bought one in Manila for Asian Countries. They did not ask for an ID, and it says on the card it is fully transferable. Great benifits, at least here , 50% off in the restos, 50% off coupons for spa treatments, b day cake. I have had no trouble with it here in Manila, Plan on availing the 20% off room rate in HK end of August at the JW Marriott there. Will keep ou updated on how it worked out.
I am flying to BKK on Nov 30th and have arranged a meeting with Pookie in the JW as she knows I want to buy a card. I will also be flying to MNL on the 5th for about 3 days. Can you give the person who to contact in MNL just in case I can't get one in BKK? Thanks,
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:18 pm

I would be happy to arrange gold cards for anyone who wishes to receive it. I usually buy multiple cards for my own use, to get extra fixed rate vouchers, and lend cards to my customers and business associates here.

I may take you up on your offer. I was planning to meet with Pookie on Dec2 to purchase a membership as she knows already that I want one. How can I contact you if I need it? My email is [email protected]
Thank you
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Suggest you read earlier posts............ their JW ofc closed w e-mails bouncing. No memberships being sold until revised program, to be sold by 3rd party, is launched.

Originally Posted by Karl
I was back in BKK last month and totally forgot to go and see Pookie who manages the program at the JW Marriott in BKK. I did sit down with her in the business center last year to discuss joining and she said to stop by next time I am in BKK. After my last trip I did send her an email stating that I'd be back in a few weeks and she told to stop by if I was still interested in purchasing the card. No mention of a new program. If it is required that you put a BKK address on the application I have that and probably should put it on right away. I am arriving BKK on Dec 1 for about 12 days and will be staying at one of the Marriotts.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:09 pm

Anyone have a gold card not needed?

Hi I have been Marriott Gold Card holder for last 3 years but did not renew waiting for maximising time for use of the card by buying when I needed to use. Unfortunately after sometime waiting to hear back from the Gold Card program email I contacted Marriott international and they advised no more card to be sold and a new program was to be launched soon (in a couple of weeks from November 14, 2011) but so far nothing. This thread confirms the changes.

I was wondering if you would have any cards to sell or which you will not need for rest of year. My family planned to go to Renaissance Phuket in Dec 2011 expecting I could buy the card but its no longer offered and I don't think their new program will start till 2012. If you could help or if anyone else on this thread could help, would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:04 pm
Suspended

New cards available

Originally Posted by Zentravlr282
Hi I have been Marriott Gold Card holder for last 3 years but did not renew waiting for maximising time for use of the card by buying when I needed to use. Unfortunately after sometime waiting to hear back from the Gold Card program email I contacted Marriott international and they advised no more card to be sold and a new program was to be launched soon (in a couple of weeks from November 14, 2011) but so far nothing. This thread confirms the changes.

I was wondering if you would have any cards to sell or which you will not need for rest of year. My family planned to go to Renaissance Phuket in Dec 2011 expecting I could buy the card but its no longer offered and I don't think their new program will start till 2012. If you could help or if anyone else on this thread could help, would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
The gold card program Is up and running again. Received a call today from their sales office at Jw Marriott.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 6:34 pm

The gold card program Is up and running again. Received a call today from their sales office at Jw Marriott.
That's great. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll follow up with Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.