Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gold Card - Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mumof2sydney
trying to renew my (thailand) marriott gold card- emails keep bouncing...whats going on?? anyone have a valid email address?
Just call Pookie at JW Marriott
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
So basically this card is no longer just Thailand right? It now includes some hotels in Asia and Aussie?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jdaniel
So basically this card is no longer just Thailand right? It now includes some hotels in Asia and Aussie?
It has been tied in with Asia for a while, maybe from the beginning. I use the 50% off rates in china frequently
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:55 am

new version of benefit list
download from the below link
http://hotfile.com/dl/147415822/8064...efits.pdf.html

compared to the old version, lots of vouchers missing! however the same price

65 reduced to 47 vouchers
no 50% off vouchers
lost 3CYs in phuket,2 properties in hua hin,some dining vouchers of Marriott Executive Apt in BKK
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Guest Silver, Qatar Privilege Gold.
There does seem to be a change regarding dining benefits - a total of 16 dining visits in APAC including the JW with scratch off on the back of the card.
This would seem to be quite a reduction. Just one week of breakfasts & dinners would be 14 visits for example.

And I can't seem to find the 50% off best rate vouchers at any APAC hotel participating - am I missing something?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aphro
There does seem to be a change regarding dining benefits - a total of 16 dining visits in APAC including the JW with scratch off on the back of the card.
This would seem to be quite a reduction. Just one week of breakfasts & dinners would be 14 visits for example.

And I can't seem to find the 50% off best rate vouchers at any APAC hotel participating - am I missing something?

I've bought my membership last December and haven't received my 2012~2013 certificates yet. But I've confirmed with Club Marriott that they will not provide APAC 50% off certificates anymore. What a bummer!

BTW, Club Marriott will begin issuing their certificates on 1st week of March. And they told me that it will take about 3 weeks to get a card and certificates after application is submitted.

They do have a website now working on and you guys can check it out.
www.myclubmarriott.com
Although work is still in progress on website, you can send them an inquiry about a membership.

Last edited by AaronInBKK; Feb 22, 2012 at 8:58 pm
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Marriott gold card available exp march 31

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...l#post18072191

Pm me if interested. I am leaving bkk on Sunday morning.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
I never knew that thread existed. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
It seems to me that many hotels are good about showing availability of the gold card (now club marriott) rates online using the zg4 rate code, whereas many others do have some availability but you have to call in.

I've also found one that is listed as participating but doesn't offer any rooms at the gold card rate online or over the phone (Courtyard Hong Kong). Perhaps they have left the program and the website has not been updated. Or maybe the restaurant participates but the rooms don't.

Has anyone else noticed any other hotels that do the same?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigE
It seems to me that many hotels are good about showing availability of the gold card (now club marriott) rates online using the zg4 rate code, whereas many others do have some availability but you have to call in.

I've also found one that is listed as participating but doesn't offer any rooms at the gold card rate online or over the phone (Courtyard Hong Kong). Perhaps they have left the program and the website has not been updated. Or maybe the restaurant participates but the rooms don't.

I use the zg4 code at jw Shenzhen. It's a fantastic deal at 50 percent off
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by aphro

I originally thought aphiro was referring to how the new program doesn't give you 50% certs, but now I think aphiro was also talking about lack of availability. Some of the hotels that were offering the 50% off rate a few weeks ago no longer offer that rate at any of the many dates I checked in March, June, and July.

A week ago, I booked the 50% rate at Marriott Hong Kong Sky City for 6 days, but now I can't find it online for any days. Allvest mentioned using it JW Shenzhen but it seems to be gone now. Perhaps you need to call in (as inconvenient as that is)?

Or did they just eliminate this benefit in the middle of our membership year?

UPDATE: I emailed Club Marriott and they replied that the reason is that the CY Hong Kong is simply "running high occupancy throughout the year". If you check out the Priceline bidding sites, you'll see that this same hotel often gives up its rooms for $60-$85.

Last edited by BigE; Feb 27, 2012 at 1:13 am Reason: update
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:56 pm

when using through code"ZG4", the number of rooms is limited.
in peak season, the hotels may shut down the online rerservation.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:19 pm

The T&C allow that the rooms might not be available during peak times. One would assume that they are referring to xmas/New Years, other holidays, and conventions. I'm ok with that.

But if you stretch "peak time" to include half of the year, or the entire year (as seems to be the case with the some of the hotels), that's when I have a problem.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:38 pm
Suspended

The T&C allow that the rooms might not be available during peak times. One would assume that they are referring to xmas/New Years, other holidays, and conventions. I'm ok with that.

But if you stretch "peak time" to include half of the year, or the entire year (as seems to be the case with the some of the hotels), that's when I have a problem.
Don't expect fair trade in Thailand. Buy the card and expect to be dicked around. Or don't buy it at all and expect nothing!

Last edited by FlyerTalker683455; Feb 28, 2012 at 8:11 pm
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by qiujiekai

when using through code"ZG4", the number of rooms is limited.
in peak season, the hotels may shut down the online rerservation.
Using ZG4 code in HKG is definitely challenging: but consider HKG only has 3 participating hotel and there's expo 50% of the time I think it is fair.

I used the ZG4 coupon at JW Marriott HK few times without any issue, YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.