Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gold Card - Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:32 pm

Using vouchers, certificates, etc.

Re: 2009-2010 Marriott Gold Thailand Card

If staying at JW Marriott Bangkok for six nights, membership provides one voucher for three nights at 2999 baht per night. If someone else gives me his JW Marriott Bangkok voucher, am I able to use it for the other three nights or do I need to use my own 50% rate certificate or simply book using the 20% discount preferred rate?

By the way, is the 20% discount rate valid on any bookable online rate? The rules state "20% discount on best available rate", but none of the online rates are labeled "best available rate".
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Question Renaissance Bangkok?

Is the new Renaissance Bangkok included in the Marriott Gold Card benefits? Vouchers, coupons, etc.?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: CX GR, SPG/MR GE, Ritz Plat, Hilton S
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Is the new Renaissance Bangkok included in the Marriott Gold Card benefits? Vouchers, coupons, etc.?
Yes but i still think JW Marriott is better.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:09 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by theclubsq
Yes but i still think JW Marriott is better.
Yes, thank you ... I love the JW BKK but would like to try the new property.

I just got an email from Khun Nueng explaining the accommodations benefits as follows:

1. Eight (8) certificates of 1,999++ baht (incl. ABF for 2 pax) for MEA & Courtyard properties in Thailand, one for each hotel and one cert is good for 3 nights consecutively.

2. Eight (8) certificates of 2,999++ baht (incl. ABF for 2) for Renaissance, Marriott and JW Marriott properties, one for each hotel and one cert for 3 nights stay.

3. Five (5) certificates of 50% discount from the rack rate for all participating hotels, one cert is good for 7 nights consecutively.

4. Present Gold card for best rate at 20% discount from available rate : check with reservation department directly for this offer.

Above there is accommodation certificates you will got in a package. Hope this is help you somehow or if there is anything I can assist please let me know.

Thanks again ^
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
The participating hotels include limited properties outside of Thailand, for instance, the JW Marriott Seoul, but not the Renaissance or Courtyard

3. Five (5) certificates of 50% discount from the rack rate for all participating hotels, one cert is good for 7 nights consecutively.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
The participating hotels include limited properties outside of Thailand, for instance, the JW Marriott Seoul, but not the Renaissance or Courtyard
Yes, the Renaissance Bangkok included so is the JW Marriott BKK with a rate of 4250++ Baht. Just concluded a stay there with this rate Feb 13-20 and as always it was awesome. Now doing a 2999++ including breakfast for two which according to emplyees here is better rate than the Marriott Associate Rate (employee rate) because of the breakfast inclusion. ^
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by ral1
Re: 2009-2010 Marriott Gold Thailand Card

If staying at JW Marriott Bangkok for six nights, membership provides one voucher for three nights at 2999 baht per night. If someone else gives me his JW Marriott Bangkok voucher, am I able to use it for the other three nights or do I need to use my own 50% rate certificate or simply book using the 20% discount preferred rate?
The 2999++ Baht coupons are fully transferable and you can use them (and all other coupons and benefits that come with this card – it specifically states so on every coupon). The 20% discount off their best rate is 5250++ Baht per night according to FD.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Was referring to the Seoul, Korean properties where only the JW but not the Renaissance or Courtyard are included in Marriott Gold TH
Yes, the Renaissance Bangkok included so is the JW Marriott BKK with a rate of 4250++ Baht. Just concluded a stay there with this rate Feb 13-20 and as always it was awesome. Now doing a 2999++ including breakfast for two which according to emplyees here is better rate than the Marriott Associate Rate (employee rate) because of the breakfast inclusion. ^
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:24 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, United Airlines Prem. Ex.
I am new to the whole Marriott program coming from Hilton Honors. What got me intrigued is that I am going to be staying at the JW Marriott in BKK for 2 nights, then headed to the Marriott in Pattaya for 10 nights then back to the JW in BKK for 2 nights. Is this something I should be looking into? The trip starts on April 17th. Also, I am from the states if that has any bearing on anything. Thanks much.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by sycotik
I am new to the whole Marriott program coming from Hilton Honors. What got me intrigued is that I am going to be staying at the JW Marriott in BKK for 2 nights, then headed to the Marriott in Pattaya for 10 nights then back to the JW in BKK for 2 nights. Is this something I should be looking into? The trip starts on April 17th. Also, I am from the states if that has any bearing on anything. Thanks much.
Are asking for clarifications about the Marriott Rewards program or Marriott Thailand Gold Card?

Although you can use both at the same time, they are totally two different programs. You or your spouse (or a friend as there isn't a harsh enforcement) have to be a Thailand resident to qualify for Marriott Thailand Gold Card. But for starters I know you have chosen the right hotel (IMHO) for BKK.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 9:12 pm

Although others non-residents and non-expats have reported successes buying the Thailand Gold Card, this is the response I just received after contacting them via the online form to purchase the card:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Appreciated for your interesting in Marriott Gold Thailand Membership but sorry for inconvenience to inform that the membership is available for residents or expatriates only. Please considering alternative program in AUS or more info at www.marriottgoldcard.com

Thank you for your patient and understanding.

Best regards,

Marriott Gold Thailand Office

Any suggestions? I have a trip to Thailand in 2 weeks and was counting on using this card.

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
how do the 2999++ certs work? Are they just a piece of paper with no special code, and you contact the hotel to let them know you are using it?

Or is there a special booking code?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 pm

Just had a look at this:

RAC gives the Rack rate.
ZG4 gives the Marriott Gold Rate(s).

It seems the Marriott Gold rate rules are not enforced by the booking engine (they may be, however, at check-in)

I tried 27th-31st March at JW Phuket, and was offered:

2999++ Marriott Gold 2009 - 2010 Rate, Rate Rules:
* Marriott Gold Voucher is required upon check in
* Each voucher is valid for up to 3 consecutive nights
* Must present voucher

4,200.00++ 50% discount rate, Rules:
* Maximum length of stay up to seven (7) consecutive nights *
* Marriott Gold Card required upon check in *
* Must present voucher *
* 50 percent discount from Regular Rate *

And then
6720++ 20% discount rate, Rules:
* Maximum length of stay up to seven (7) consecutive nights *
* Marriott Gold Card required upon check in *
* 20 percent discount from Best Available Rate *
* No voucher Required *
* Cannot book more than 9 rooms per card

So you've got:
2999++ rate - requires ONLY the voucher, which is issued to 2010 season members, last year's don't get it.
50% off RAC - requires voucher AND card
20% off RAC - requires ONLY card

The awesome thing is the 2999++ rate is valid in peak periods - for example, the price for 20th December - 23rd December is 19,000++ per night. Or with ZG4, and a voucher, only 2999+ per night. So the one voucher can save 48,000, and it's completely separable from the gold card itself - you can take your 8 2999++ and 1999++ vouchers, and quite legally give them away/sell them/whatever, while still retaining the card.

The 50% off coupons (which will only be held by last year's members) can work out cheaper than the 2999++ rate; e.g., in May, RAC is 5500THB, so you get 2750THB++ with the coupon - but then breakfast will cost you more than 249 THB, so it's not worth trying to make the saving.

There do seem to blackouts, even when the hotel isn't full. Also sometimes you will be offered the 20% off rate, but not the 50% or 1999++ rates.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:57 pm

There are card benefits and voucher benefits.

Does anyone know if you get the card benefits of the 2010 card if you still have an older card?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:02 am

I just Pricelined a stay at the JW Phuket (5* Phuket, Thalang). The rate, 3600++ was better than the 50% off rate, but not as good as the 2999++ rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.