Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by lewin85
Just wondering if the daily credit starts the day of check in or the next day?

I am staying 2 nights here in December and will arrive late on the first day and depart very early on the 3rd day. So hoping the credits is not on the check in day as I won't be able to use them.
Unfortunately it seems like the credits are applied during the night audit process around the time they post the room charges to your folio.

I had to waste my credits by making some prank calls to cruise ships on international satellite numbers.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:05 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

I am staying 2 nights here in December and will arrive late on the first day and depart very early on the 3rd day. So hoping the credits is not on the check in day as I won't be able to use them.
If in doubt, ask. If concerned, mention it. It’s a St Regis with an incredible service level. Give them the opportunity to prove it.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

Originally Posted by daniellam
Unfortunately it seems like the credits are applied during the night audit process around the time they post the room charges to your folio.

I had to waste my credits by making some prank calls to cruise ships on international satellite numbers.
The F&B credit definitely starts the first day. We had a couple of drinks at the King Cole Bar ($25/each) and received a full credit upon check-out.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
For people who have stayed here before...

1. Is breakfast included for platinums? If so, what's the credit value per day? Can it be ordered through room service?

2. I see people mentioning a $50 fee each day. What is that? Like a resort/amenity fee?

3. Has anyone used the Bentley service?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln841

I've only seen it once during many stays at the property. Given the nature of the traffic around the area and the 10 block radius of the service, it is usually quicker to walk where you want to go.

I think it's more of a gimmick. If you want to ride it, then go for it!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
For people who have stayed here before...

1. Is breakfast included for platinums? If so, what's the credit value per day? Can it be ordered through room service?

2. I see people mentioning a $50 fee each day. What is that? Like a resort/amenity fee?

Read a few pages of the thread and you will find answers to all of these questions. And yes I've used the Bentley service to go to dinner one evening. It's hard to find availability though in my experience.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
From my ambassador:

"There is a new $50 destination fee for all of New York. This is the same charge that is charged at every hotel no matter the level.

The platinum breakfast is a fixed American Breakfast. It is for up to two people. If you order something different you have a credit of $55 per person (up to a max of $110 on the bill). You can also order room service and the credit is $65 per person (up to a max of $130 on the bill). The room service offers a little more to account for delivery fees. It sounds like a great breakfast."

My thoughts:

1. The $50 fee for each hotel in NYC no matter what is crazy. Really shows how they are devaluing Free Nights.

2. Love that I can get breakfast as room service!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I doubt it. If they're charging a $50 a night fee for my old standby, the sheraton tribeca, that's freaking ridiculous.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
From my ambassador:

"There is a new $50 destination fee for all of New York. This is the same charge that is charged at every hotel no matter the level.

The platinum breakfast is a fixed American Breakfast. It is for up to two people. If you order something different you have a credit of $55 per person (up to a max of $110 on the bill). You can also order room service and the credit is $65 per person (up to a max of $130 on the bill). The room service offers a little more to account for delivery fees. It sounds like a great breakfast."

My thoughts:

1. The $50 fee for each hotel in NYC no matter what is crazy. Really shows how they are devaluing Free Nights.

2. Love that I can get breakfast as room service!
Yes, you cross posted this when you created a thread just about this subject. And once again, if you would check the hotel listings you would see your Ambassador was incorrect as there are properties with $50 fees, $25 fees and NO fee.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by controller1
The F&B credit definitely starts the first day. We had a couple of drinks at the King Cole Bar ($25/each) and received a full credit upon check-out.
Clarified this tonight when I checked in. It is by calendar day which is a bit rubbish if you check in late, as you need to use all the benefit on your arrival day. It is also means you get no benefits on the day you leave. Not yet clear if the museum tickets work the same way - will let you know tomorrow.

I was tempted to bring a pile of laundry with me from London to use up the $50 daily credit ....

Whilst I am normally against these fees (and still am) I will at least get some benefit here as I will take a MOMA ticket (in fact, I'll take 2 and give one away!), will pop into the Met briefly too, I can launder a shirt for later in the week and I will get some drinks in the bar. I won't be getting a haircut as they are well over $100 so the $25 credit doesn't move the needle there.

PS. Upgraded on a points stay to the 975 sq ft Madison Suite as a Platinum Premier
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
What about one-night stays? Do I get screwed out of things like the laundry credit, etc.? I will be there on a weekend between back-to-back work trips so would be nice to actually use that credit for a legitimate purpose.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:28 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by callmedtop
What about one-night stays? Do I get screwed out of things like the laundry credit, etc.? I will be there on a weekend between back-to-back work trips so would be nice to actually use that credit for a legitimate purpose.
I’d call the hotel and ask them if there’s a way to handle that. You know their service is extraordinary. They’ll do their best to make sure it’s handled for you.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Clarified this tonight when I checked in. It is by calendar day which is a bit rubbish if you check in late, as you need to use all the benefit on your arrival day. It is also means you get no benefits on the day you leave. Not yet clear if the museum tickets work the same way - will let you know tomorrow.

I was tempted to bring a pile of laundry with me from London to use up the $50 daily credit ....

Whilst I am normally against these fees (and still am) I will at least get some benefit here as I will take a MOMA ticket (in fact, I'll take 2 and give one away!), will pop into the Met briefly too, I can launder a shirt for later in the week and I will get some drinks in the bar. I won't be getting a haircut as they are well over $100 so the $25 credit doesn't move the needle there.

PS. Upgraded on a points stay to the 975 sq ft Madison Suite as a Platinum Premier
That's what I am afraid of. The daily credits starting the day of check-in is bad for people checking in late. Are the MOMA and MET tickets for the same day or can be used the next? If the latter I guess I will just get the tickets for the first day benefit.

With the Platinum breakfast benefit of $55 I assume starting the day after check-in, it means if we choose the $50 F&B credit and staying 2 nights we will have $50 the first day (F&B), $105 the second day (F&B + Plat) and $55 the day of check out (Plat).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:36 pm

... Are the MOMA and MET tickets for the same day or can be used the next? If the latter I guess I will just get the tickets for the first day benefit.

They don't give you actual tickets. You get a voucher for which you redeem for tickets at MOMA and MET at a special counter. Don't recall if the vouchers are for a specific day, but I do remember they had an expiry date as I was contemplating giving an unused voucher to a friend.

I even remember going to the MET and redeeming my voucher for a ticket at the counter and over heard that New York state residents and NY, NJ, CT students get admission on a "pay as you wish basis"! I saw some NY residents paying just a few dollars to get in!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:33 pm

That's what I am afraid of. The daily credits starting the day of check-in is bad for people checking in late. Are the MOMA and MET tickets for the same day or can be used the next? If the latter I guess I will just get the tickets for the first day benefit.

With the Platinum breakfast benefit of $55 I assume starting the day after check-in, it means if we choose the $50 F&B credit and staying 2 nights we will have $50 the first day (F&B), $105 the second day (F&B + Plat) and $55 the day of check out (Plat).
Originally Posted by daniellam
They don't give you actual tickets. You get a voucher for which you redeem for tickets at MOMA and MET at a special counter. Don't recall if the vouchers are for a specific day, but I do remember they had an expiry date as I was contemplating giving an unused voucher to a friend.

I even remember going to the MET and redeeming my voucher for a ticket at the counter and over heard that New York state residents and NY, NJ, CT students get admission on a "pay as you wish basis"! I saw some NY residents paying just a few dollars to get in!
MOMA and MET vouchers must be used the day they are issued. There is an expiration date printed on the voucher. You exchange them at the museums for an actual ticket. At MOMA you go to the Special Ticket line. The regular line had at least 20 people in it. We walked right up to the front of the Special Ticket line and were issued our admission tickets.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.