Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:17 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I received the offer to waive as well on a 5-night stay earlier this month. I actually turned down the offer to waive, as the $50 King Cole Bar + $50 laundry credit had more value to me than a $50 outlay.
For us too. We will also use the museums and possibly the salon credit.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:08 pm

Five nights SNA cleared into Deluxe Suite for me on first possible date. Looking forward to it.
controller1 and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
My spouse and I, along with his parents, are staying at the StR NYC over labor day weekend on points. My spouse is lifetime titanium and the reservations for both rooms were booked using his account. I understand from reading this thread that the elite breakfast benefit is a daily credit of $46 USD pp. Does anyone know whether the benefit will apply to both rooms? If not, will we be provided the option of offering the benefit to his parent who have no status?

Last edited by wanderlustFL; Jun 16, 2019 at 8:49 am
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:24 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
My spouse and I, along with his parents, are staying at the StR NYC over labor day weekend on points. My spouse is lifetime titanium and the reservations for both rooms were booked using his account. I understand from reading this thread that the elite breakfast benefit is a daily credit of $46 USD pp. Does anyone know whether the benefit will apply to both rooms? If not, will we be provided the option of offering the benefit to his parent who have no status?

I don’t believe the credit applies to both rooms- however if both rooms are on a single folio it seems as if it wouldn’t matter which room used the credit. I would discuss it with the hotel. In my experience they are extremely accommodating and guest friendly.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
choice of breakfast as the elite welcome benefit applies only to the elite guest plus one person staying in the same room. it is not transferable and cannot be gifted. You may tell your inlaws to charge their breakfast to the elite guest’s room and then settle that charge with the elite credit at check-out. While hotels usually will not police who ate whose breakfast, you must be aware that it is against the rules and a more strict FDA would be able to refuse to apply the credit to pay for other guests’ breakfast, as the credit has a very specific purpose.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Note that the destination fee includes a nightly $50 food and beverage credit which could be applied towards breakfast. Otherwise, I don't think I would pay for the StR breakfast.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Quick benefit update - MOMA tickets have become Whitney tickets. Met tickets unchanged.

Got a St Regis Suite upgrade again on a reward stay - at 60k too - as Titanium. Had to agree not to take the 4pm check out to get the suite, which seemed a decent deal despite my 10pm flight back later in the week.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
Quick benefit update - MOMA tickets have become Whitney tickets. Met tickets unchanged.

Got a St Regis Suite upgrade again on a reward stay - at 60k too - as Titanium. Had to agree not to take the 4pm check out to get the suite, which seemed a decent deal despite my 10pm flight back later in the week.
cool! How long was your stay?

i have a choice between the Andaz 5th Avenue in a balcony suite using a TSU or the St Regis @ 60k per night for 5 nights.

Hard to choose, leaning towards the guaranteed suite
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan

cool! How long was your stay?

i have a choice between the Andaz 5th Avenue in a balcony suite using a TSU or the St Regis @ 60k per night for 5 nights.

Hard to choose, leaning towards the guaranteed suite
You can get the Andaz suite any time. You no longer will ever be able to get a stay at the superior St Regis for a mere 60K/night.

The Andaz is a nice hotel. The St Regis is one of the absolutely best in NYC and the world. Not hard to choose.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:50 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Quick benefit update - MOMA tickets have become Whitney tickets.
I feel fortunate then as we really enjoyed our MOMA visit a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by damon88

I feel fortunate then as we really enjoyed our MOMA visit a few weeks ago.
It is closed for renovation until late October, I was just told.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beachfan
I would go with StR.

The balcony suite at Andaz is not a particularly desirable room. They've also downgraded the breakfast experience pretty severely. Service overall at both properties hit or miss, but nothing at Andaz matches butler service at StR.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The MOMA is closing until Fall to totally change the galleries with the new additions. The Whitney is a very interesting museum and not a downgrade IMO.
damon88 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know how the Platinum breakfast benefit is handled for children? Wife and I will be staying here with our 5 year old. Many Marriott properties extend the benefit to children as well, so long as the adult is present, but I know there are exceptions too. Just wondering how the StR NY handles it.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Concierge Key, EXP, Gold Hilton, Titanium Elite Marriott
The breakfast credit is always for two people per room. The benefit will apply to every room booked by the person with the status. I am Titanium Elite, and I have used this benefit a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.