Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ksw299
BTW @bhrubin , thanks for the concierge email address - I have already emailed them about the things I need in my room to surprise my wife.
Happy to have helped! I also just created my first wiki ever and added that there for everyone to easily see.
Ksw299 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
This hotel has always been on my wish list and I am very glad that I am getting to try this. The cash rates are out of my budget but that's why the points come in handy. Our anniversary is actually a week later but they are completely booked hence we are going the previous week. I called the in-house reservations team about having upgraded rooms on points or a cash upcharge + points but was denied on both occasions.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:02 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

This hotel has always been on my wish list and I am very glad that I am getting to try this. The cash rates are out of my budget but that's why the points come in handy. Our anniversary is actually a week later but they are completely booked hence we are going the previous week. I called the in-house reservations team about having upgraded rooms on points or a cash upcharge + points but was denied on both occasions.
Some suggestions for you:

(1) Enjoy butler service on arrival! It’s free. Let them unpack you as you head out to have a drink or bite to eat.

(2) Every morning, enjoy morning butler coffee/tea service. It’s free. I suggest French press, but sometime I’ll get a cappuccino. (French press tends to be hotter and better value/more coffee.)

(3) Ask butler to press your pants or dress and shine any shoes. It’s free. It’s the little things...

(4) Have a drink at the King Cole Bar. Try a Bloody Mary or whatever is your preferred drink. It’s pricey but you only live once. If you like to dine in a bar, this is the one. It’s an elegant space and the food/beverage here is spectacular.

(5) If you’re Platinum, enjoy the breakfast. It’s free with the Platinum credit they give you. It’s a delicious breakfast in a beautiful setting.

(6) Enjoy the champagne sabering at the King Cole Bar If at all possible. It’s free. It’s one of the few I’ve actually seen.

(7) Enjoy butler packing when you’re doing to depart. It’s free. I love to call them to pack us when we are heading down to breakfast for our final time. Nothing like coming back and being all packed and ready to go without having done squat. Give some guidance (I usually do) or just trust the butler to do it and don’t worry!

(8) If you can afford it, splurge on something decadent here. The service here is phenomenal. So take advantage of it.

I think you’ll have a fabulous stay!
levilevi and Ksw299 like this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Nov 5, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

(1) Enjoy butler service on arrival! It’s free. Let them unpack you as you head out to have a drink or bite to eat.

(2) Every morning, enjoy morning butler coffee/tea service. It’s free. I suggest French press, but sometime I’ll get a cappuccino. (French press tends to be hotter and better value/more coffee.)

(3) Ask butler to press your pants or dress and shine any shoes. It’s free. It’s the little things...

(4) Have a drink at the King Cole Bar. Try a Bloody Mary or whatever is your preferred drink. It’s pricey but you only live once. If you like to dine in a bar, this is the one. It’s an elegant space and the food/beverage here is spectacular.

(5) If you’re Platinum, enjoy the breakfast buffet. It’s free with the Platinum credit they give you. It’s a delicious breakfast in a beautiful setting.

(6) Enjoy the champagne sabering at the King Cole Bar If at all possible. It’s free. It’s one of the few I’ve actually seen.

(7) Enjoy butler packing when you’re doing to depart. It’s free. I love to call them to pack us when we are heading down to breakfast for our final time. Nothing like coming back and being all packed and ready to go without having done squat. Give some guidance (I usually do) or just trust the butler to do it and don’t worry!

(8) If you can afford it, splurge on something decadent here. The service here is phenomenal. So take advantage of it.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I previously read about your Table 55 experience and was amazed by it. With my wife being a vegetarian I don't think I can get to $2500 even if I can afford it. The Afternoon tea looks pretty special - we tried this at RC Central Park last year and we loved it. Got to try the bloody mary - the legend says that it was invented here right?

I have never stayed at a place which had bulter service before - this is new to us. With only a single night stay I don't know how much we can take advantage of this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

(5) If you’re Platinum, enjoy the breakfast buffet. It’s free with the Platinum credit they give you. It’s a delicious breakfast in a beautiful setting.

Having stayed here several times over the past few years including this past August, I do not recall there being a breakfast buffet. Each morning we ordered from the menu and were given a credit of $46/person. Where is the buffet?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by controller1
Having stayed here several times over the past few years including this past August, I do not recall there being a breakfast buffet. Each morning we ordered from the menu and were given a credit of $46/person. Where is the buffet?
Sorry. That’s an auto correct artifact! I’ll correct that now.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I previously read about your Table 55 experience and was amazed by it. With my wife being a vegetarian I don't think I can get to $2500 even if I can afford it.
On the contrary! It was alcohol that largely accounted for our Table 55 spend! We had 3 amazing bottles of Bordeaux and Burgundy, as well as a Sauternes and a whisky that was exquisite (and very pricey, but less crazy than I’d have guessed). I’m sure you also could do it with vegetarian options, as the chef is truly a wonder. (We were amazed that our Table 55 dining experience was better even than our dinner the next night at Eleven Madison Park!) But don’t blow your budget all on Table 55 unless you’re both total foodies and really love older and less common wines and whiskies and the like.

The Afternoon tea looks pretty special - we tried this at RC Central Park last year and we loved it.
Absolutely. Plan to try that on our next stay...even though we’re not big tea people.

Got to try the bloody mary - the legend says that it was invented here right?
Yes!

I have never stayed at a place which had bulter service before - this is new to us. With only a single night stay I don't know how much we can take advantage of this.
Enjoy the unpacking and packing even if it’s simple. Enjoy the morning coffee service. Ask them to shine your shoes and press some items you’ll wear that night (assuming you arrive early enough). It’s fun and a nice luxury touch.
Ksw299 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:30 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Sorry. That’s an auto correct artifact! I’ll correct that now.

IIRC they allowed us to have Platinum breakfast as room service- we loved our last stay and are returning again this Spring
controller1 and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:54 am

On the contrary! It was alcohol that largely accounted for our Table 55 spend! We had 3 amazing bottles of Bordeaux and Burgundy, as well as a Sauternes and a whisky that was exquisite (and very pricey, but less crazy than I’d have guessed). I’m sure you also could do it with vegetarian options, as the chef is truly a wonder. (We were amazed that our Table 55 dining experience was better even than our dinner the next night at Eleven Madison Park!) But don’t blow your budget all on Table 55 unless you’re both total foodies and really love older and less common wines and whiskies and the like.

Absolutely. Plan to try that on our next stay...even though we’re not big tea people.

Yes!

Enjoy the unpacking and packing even if it’s simple. Enjoy the morning coffee service. Ask them to shine your shoes and press some items you’ll wear that night (assuming you arrive early enough). It’s fun and a nice luxury touch.
My wife is not that big of a drinker and I have toned down my drinking a lot. This does sound intriguing may be will take it up when I can add some one else to our group - with a group of 4 or may be 6 $2500 seems doable. Will try to use all the amenities they provide and will do a TR once I am back.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
My wife is not that big of a drinker and I have toned down my drinking a lot. This does sound intriguing may be will take it up when I can add some one else to our group - with a group of 4 or may be 6 $2500 seems doable. Will try to use all the amenities they provide and will do a TR once I am back.
Re: resort fee, if you check the actual email confirmation you received, you might find mention of it there. That's where it was for me even though it was omitted from the online reservation pages.

Re: the one-night stay, just enjoy yourselves! I would personally hit the butler button on the phone upon arriving to request coffee/tea, rather than waiting for someone to come to you. Breakfast credit is indeed applicable towards room service and I would recommend it -- on our second night, we asked for wake-up call, follow-up call, coffee/tea, and breakfast all to happen at specific times in sequence, and they all did.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:53 am

@bhrubin - thanks again for your recommendations. The F&B manager Mr. Morozov has been outstanding. He has offered us complimentary champagne and dessert to be served during our afternoon tea at the Astor Court. I have put in a SNA request - hopefully it will clear into the Astor or deluxe suite. I dont really like the destination fee but thats another discussion altogether. Looking forward to enjoy this magnificent hotel.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:35 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
@bhrubin - thanks again for your recommendations. The F&B manager Mr. Morozov has been outstanding. He has offered us complimentary champagne and dessert to be served during our afternoon tea at the Astor Court. I have put in a SNA request - hopefully it will clear into the Astor or deluxe suite. I dont really like the destination fee but thats another discussion altogether. Looking forward to enjoy this magnificent hotel.

As others have pointed out you really can leverage the fee so that you come out ahead. We ended every night with a nightcap in the iconic bar which really added to our experience. Next time I’m going to figure out a way to use my salon credit.

It really is a special hotel. You will love it !
controller1, bhrubin and Ksw299 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by damon88

As others have pointed out you really can leverage the fee so that you come out ahead. We ended every night with a nightcap in the iconic bar which really added to our experience. Next time I’m going to figure out a way to use my salon credit.

I will try to leverage it so that I will come out ahead - but my concern is that its mandatory. If it was optional I would like to know how many guests would have truly paid for this. Case in point I would have dismissed it - I am spending more than $50 in F&B anyways with tea and drinks at the bar but the fact that I don't get points for the spend irritates me. I know its only 875 points with my PPE bonus.

From the photos it does look really special.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by damon88

I agree.

I will try to leverage it so that I will come out ahead - but my concern is that its mandatory. If it was optional I would like to know how many guests would have truly paid for this.
I calculated that I received, on average, $115 of value for each $50 of Destination Fee. Now to be honest, only $50 of the value would have been spent regardless of the Destination Fee. So you can decide for yourself whether I leveraged it or broke even!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Just had another good stay. Only checked in for 1 night this time and as they were full got a very nice upgrade. Staff is great as usual and wishing I was back there after checking into the Gramercy Park for tonight

remymartin and levilevi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.