Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:07 am

Figured I'd add on a few little tidbits:
- Complimentary bottled water was everywhere in the room (bathroom, bedside after turndown, next to minibar, next to couches) and constantly replenished. Also available at the gym (so much plentiful water I kind of felt silly for bringing a pack of water with us - my standard move before a hotel stay)
- I'm SPG Gold and this was an Astor Suite, so not sure if this was standard, but each morning after room was done up, fresh fruit placed in the room (bananas, apple, grapefruit and grapes) - simple little touch that was a pleasant surprise and help (especially giving our daughter a quick snack).
- If you're getting room service breakfast, order coffee first from the butler, then call for breakfast - butler service is french press and a little classier
- SPG Gold Amenity was a choice of 250 points or a drink at the bar. Begrudgingly I chose the points, as the bar is clearly of larger value, but this trip we had a $100 credit and a 2 year old, so bar drinks weren't really a "family event"
- Newspaper: so this was an example of service - Friday morning, our butler came in with coffee and the USA Today, I made a simple joking comment about USA Today being "fake news"... really in total jest and the butler had a wry smile. Sat and Sun paper was the NY Times
- We did goto the King Cole Bar Sunday mid-day around 1pm with our daughter - they were very accommodating to a child at that time - sat at the banquettes in the back (children not allowed after 4pm).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by levilevi
- Newspaper: so this was an example of service - Friday morning, our butler came in with coffee and the USA Today, I made a simple joking comment about USA Today being "fake news"... really in total jest and the butler had a wry smile. Sat and Sun paper was the NY Times
That's because USA Today is not published on Saturday and Sunday.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
That's because USA Today is not published on Saturday and Sunday.
Hahaha ok - my bubble of awesome thoughtful service has been popped
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:37 pm

To those visiting this hotel for the first time - I would highly recommend you approach the guest service manager to request for a historic tour of the hotel. It lasts for about 30-45 minutes and you get to see areas that you otherwise would find out-of-bounds.

We very much enjoyed ours - coming to realize that small objects/furnitures/fixtures scattered across the hotel sometimes are very significant and have meaning behind them. We enjoyed it so much that we ended up doubling the tip that we were planning to give at the end.
bhrubin and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
St Regis New York

Have never stayed at the St Regis New York before. Have booked a Madison Suite. Has anyone stayed in one of these before? Any more info would be great and are they a significant step up from an Astor Suite or a Deluxe Suite?
Also, does anyone know if any other websites other than SPG sell the Madison Suite? I’ve been unsuccessful in finding any other sites that sell this suite and as such, if they are cheaper, I can perhaps use the BRG to lower the rate through SPG.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

HE.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:44 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
If your dates qualify for the 2nd night at 4$ promos or the 3rd night free promos those are your best bets
St Regis NYC staff are very sharp and on the ball with room rates
would be near impossible to find a BRG if you ask me since they manage the suite inventory closely

Some credit card/travel agency programs would offer a confirmed upgrade at time of booking. Seek out Luxury Privileges for example in this forum

Last edited by ABG; Jan 6, 2018 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
$50 Destination Fee now charged

The St. Regis New York has jumped on the NYC-Starwood bandwagon of charging a Destination Fee. Their fee is $50 per night. There are several ways of neutralizing the fee or even making it work for you. The easiest is through the daily F&B credit. The $50 destination fee includes the following:
  • $50 USD Food and Beverage Credit (available in all outlets)
  • $50 USD Laundry/Dry Cleaning Credit
  • $25 USD Fodera Hair Salon Credit
  • Free HSIA, Local, Long Distance and International calls (unlimited)
  • 2 Museum (MOMA or Met) tickets per day
  • 1,000 SPG points per day
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
The St. Regis New York has jumped on the NYC-Starwood bandwagon of charging a Destination Fee. Their fee is $50 per night. There are several ways of neutralizing the fee or even making it work for you. The easiest is through the daily F&B credit. The $50 destination fee includes the following:
They are sweetening the pill with all those inclusions. Watch them water down the inclusions as time goes, customers get used to it and other NYC hotels start charging similar fees too.

Actually it might be a good thing that more hotels start charging these scam-fees as it will become a bigger public concern and the FTC will step in with some teeth to outlaw those fees nationwide.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by ABG
If your dates qualify for the 2nd night at 4$ promos or the 3rd night free promos those are your best bets
St Regis NYC staff are very sharp and on the ball with room rates
would be near impossible to find a BRG if you ask me since they manage the suite inventory closely

Some credit card/travel agency programs would offer a confirmed upgrade at time of booking. Seek out Luxury Privileges for example in this forum
It's actually pretty easy to find BRGs here so definitely worth checking. Sometimes the higher end suites are tough, but I've booked an Astor suite several times, including in a couple of weeks, using BRGs. Sometimes kayak.com will have a lower rate, but I have better luck on hotelscombined.com here.

Also destination/resort fees are total BS, but since I usually indulge in overpriced drinks here most days this one may be the most palatable one I've encountered.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:45 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Did they explain those options to you or did you have to ask?
We have a 5 night stay coming up here soon.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:35 pm

The destination fee inclusions are listed on the website:
St. Regis Experience | The St. Regis New York

Everything listed is included, no options to choose except for MOMA or Met.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:31 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gregv
The destination fee inclusions are listed on the website:
St. Regis Experience The St. Regis New York

Everything listed is included, no options to choose except for MOMA or Met.
Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
How is platinum recognition? If I book the standard room on points, on a slow season on a slow part of the week (say Sat/Sun night only), is it reasonably easy to get into a suite?

Also, I assume the destination fee benefits (such as F&B credit etc, is per stay) versus the $50 charge is per night?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:25 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
How is platinum recognition? If I book the standard room on points, on a slow season on a slow part of the week (say Sat/Sun night only), is it reasonably easy to get into a suite?

Also, I assume the destination fee benefits (such as F&B credit etc, is per stay) versus the $50 charge is per night?
According to 2 different travel bloggers who supposedly called the hotel to verify the credits are also per night!
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by damon88

According to 2 different travel bloggers who supposedly called the hotel to verify the credits are also per night!
Thank you. That's...a steal, frankly (for now)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.