Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 9:11 am

Just checked out after 5 nights in the Fifth Ave Suite.
I'm on the "flagship" American A321T flight back in First and that combined
with an AMAZING stay at the St Regis made it our best NYC vacation EVER.

I don't even know where to start. The hotel looks beautiful, everything is new
and smells new. Everything works, down to the tiniest detail.
The suite is absolutely spotless, large, very bright, tons of windows
which open. The view - Empire State Building and Central Park.

Beautiful furniture, bathrooms, everything.

But people who work there made our stay outstanding.

From the manager Manuel M. to butler Joseph and an amazing guy
from the concierge (so sorry missed your name!) who did everything
he could to make my SO happy. He went out, checked a few stores
to find a vase to accommodate tons of fresh lilacs we brought to our room.

Him and Joseph were so enthusiastic and honest about helping us.

Thank you St Regis, there is no way we will ever stay in a different hotel in NYC.

Two more things - Uber is the biggest travel improvement in years.
And "Il Corso" on the 55th between 5th and 6th is the best Italian
restaurant in New York. 2 minutes from the hotel, out-of-this-world
place with the friendliest Italian guys. Burrata caprese and their lasagna
are probably 2 best Italian dishes you can have anywhere.
Squid ink pasta with amazing scallops - a very closed 2nd LOL.

Thank you guys!

Update on my blog with quite a few pictures:
http://lenticulartravel.com/st-regis-new-york/

Last edited by Big_Foot; May 20, 2014 at 5:56 pm
Old May 10, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Great Stay

I also just completed a great weekend stay at the St. R - we also received the St. Regis Suite upgrade (had tried to use SNAs which didn't go through, so was really happy about it).

Full review is on my blog here - but overall I give it very high marks. It was everything that I expect a luxury property to be. That said, I agree with the previous reviewer who mentioned that there are no views from really anywhere in the hotel - that's definitely true and if it matters to you might be a reason not to stay. Can't really come up with any others, though. Great property!
Old May 10, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Friendly reminder - According to the FT rules "you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link".
Old May 11, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Friendly reminder - According to the FT rules "you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link".
I think the contributor left enough information. He agreed with the prior poster and had a good stay. Works for me...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Question:

Which cc gets charged at this StR? The cc you used to book the reservation, or the card you used at check-in for incidentals?

The reason I ask on this thread is two fold: (1) I have a stay where this may be an issue, and (2) this seems to be a property specific question (different places do this differently, I think)
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Question:

Which cc gets charged at this StR? The cc you used to book the reservation, or the card you used at check-in for incidentals?

The reason I ask on this thread is two fold: (1) I have a stay where this may be an issue, and (2) this seems to be a property specific question (different places do this differently, I think)
In the US, my experience has been that they will charge the CC you check-in with 99% of the time unless it's a prepaid reservation or has a deposit requirement. I think once or twice they've charged the CC I had on the reservation when I checked in super late.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I think once or twice they've charged the CC I had on the reservation when I checked in super late.
+1

And that was probably because you checked in after the night auditor ran the day's charges.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:30 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
St Regis New York City NYC 2008 on [Master Thread]

Just finished a one night 30k award night. Where to begin....The overall experience was amazing for me and Ms. PHL.

We arrived Friday at around 530pm to a small line of 4-5 people being served by the 2 front desk receptionists. While in line, I checked the SPG App to see that there were deluxe and grand luxe rooms and various suites still for sale. As a (lifetime) gold, I hoped for at least a high floor room with an exterior view.

When I got to the front and the gentleman was checking me in, I politely asked for those 2 preferences. I overheard the woman in line next to me being told her room wasn't yet available, and another man also came "back" to pick up his key and his room too was not ready. So, the front desk staff was dealing with some unhappy customers as professional as they could.

My guy told me they were booked solid but that he would try to find something for me. I didn't mention to him what the spg app showed. He took a few minutes to go talk to the manager and came back out to let me now that they were oversold in "superior" rooms (the base/standard room type that I had booked), but they upgraded me to a suite....The TIFFANY SUITE! I was speechless. I saw this on their web page when looking over the property. It cannot be booked online..you must call. Some more research revealed that it goes for about $8500 per night!

It was, in a word, amazing. A double door foyer entrance, powder room, king bed room, huge marble bathroom, oversize living room, small kitchen and a dining room for 10. The butler, Pavel, showed us around and oriented us to the digs.

More about the suite is reviewed here in 2011 just after it's rennovation.
http://www.businessinsider.com/tiffanys-suite-st-regis-nyc-2011-6?op=1

As for overall hotel service, I'd say it was impeccable with exception of one small shortfall. We pages the butler, as he instructed us to for any need, and he did not call back. 10 minutes later we called the concierge. Our request was simple...we wanted a woman's hairbrush. The concierge got hold of the butler and he called is to say it was on its way. 30 minutes later, still nothing. Called again and was told the boutique was bringing it up. It still didn't arrive. We couldn't wait any longer and went to dinner.

I saw a $9 charge on the bill the next day from the boutique, but when I let the desk know we never got it they promptly removed it.

Otherwise, the stay was fantastic. I would stay again even knowing the chances for a Tiffany Suite upgrade are pretty slim.

Last edited by PHL; Jun 22, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:54 am

Very nice
Were you overwhelmed by the Tiffany color? The dinning room is way
to green to me, but I guess the bedroom and the living room are very nice...
BTW, butler's name is Pavel, not Paval

We just spent a week there again, in the Fifth Ave Suite and had a blast again.
The hotel is so great it's really hard to stay anywhere else

More fresh new pics on my site:

http://lenticulartravel.com/new-york-travel/

Andrew
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
St Regis New York City NYC 2008 on [Master Thread]

If all the rooms in the suite were Tiffany Teal, it would have been a bit much. But the grey/silver tones were much easier on the eyes.

Thanks for the Pavel's spelling..I had neglected to take his card.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:19 pm
Suspended

So...30,000 points or $1k/night for the Superior King.

What are we valuing our *points at this week?

X-mas eve + xmas (dec. 24-26).
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

So, IMO, there a couple of ways to think abt points: (w) value per point or) t2) access to things you won't normally do.

I personally wouldn't normally pay $1000/night, so I think this is a great use of points. Do 4 nights for 5 and it gets even better!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:26 pm
Suspended

I don't want to pay $1k/night for a room either...but I also don't like spending SPG points when I have under 100k in the bank. I also want to make use of the 'upgrade upon booking' perk that comes w/ Virtuoso (as opposed to the upgrade on check-in, if available )
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

I value both SPG points and airline miles at $0.03 each. Or to say it differently, I want to get at least $0.03 of value per mile/point. Therefore, 30,000 points is OK if the all-in cost (don't forget the taxes) is more than $900.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Yep..just over $1,000 (taxes included) per night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.