Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:47 pm

Yes, they provide a free shuttle. I can't remember the schedule though. It is the employee boat. Perfectly fine.

Four seasons charges
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Avis, United
Originally Posted by thebluejean
Does anyone have answer for this question? We are interested to know if the property provides "free" boat shuttle to the main island? If it is not free, what's the cost?
If you are going to a restaurant in the main island, make a reservation through the hotel concierge, so they can arrange necessary transfer for you. St. Regis will provide a complimentary boat ride to its own dock in Anau, and the restaurant will send a ride to the dock. Depending on which restaurant you are going, the pick up service can be free or for a fee (~USD$10).
This way, you do not have to worry about the time. The resort, the restaurant, and the driver will do their due diligence so you can relax and enjoy your time.

La Villa Mahana is hard to make a reservation, but definitely worth going. So I would contact the restaurant in advance, and let the concierge arrange the transfer.

Other than going to a restaurant, St. Regis also provides daily transfers to the main island (I believe twice a day) and a mini-bus ride to Robert Wan boutique in Vaitape. This transfer is free, but you would need to make an arrangement with hotel concierge.

My experience was from Dec. 2013, so things could have been changed since then.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:14 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by physi
If you are going to a restaurant in the main island, make a reservation through the hotel concierge, so they can arrange necessary transfer for you. St. Regis will provide a complimentary boat ride to its own dock in Anau, and the restaurant will send a ride to the dock. Depending on which restaurant you are going, the pick up service can be free or for a fee (~USD$10).
This way, you do not have to worry about the time. The resort, the restaurant, and the driver will do their due diligence so you can relax and enjoy your time.

La Villa Mahana is hard to make a reservation, but definitely worth going. So I would contact the restaurant in advance, and let the concierge arrange the transfer.

Other than going to a restaurant, St. Regis also provides daily transfers to the main island (I believe twice a day) and a mini-bus ride to Robert Wan boutique in Vaitape. This transfer is free, but you would need to make an arrangement with hotel concierge.

My experience was from Dec. 2013, so things could have been changed since then.
From what others told us this April while we were there, that sounds about right.

For Villa Mahana, though, some thought it was nice but not as nice as the dining at the StR. But most enjoyed the change of pace and eating somewhere "local". But be warned--everyone warned me there was no air con, which is why I canceled!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks for all the replies. Our trip won't happy until next year. Just try to figure out how many nights we want to stay at St Regis. There are so many other islands we want to visit since this is being our first time. With limit vacation time, we can only do 8 nights. We will be visiting Moorea first for few nights before heading to Bora Bora. Vahine Island Resort near Tahaa Island looks amazing that a friend is strongly recommended this over St Regis. We may do 3 nights on each resort and compare.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:48 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by thebluejean
Thanks for all the replies. Our trip won't happy until next year. Just try to figure out how many nights we want to stay at St Regis. There are so many other islands we want to visit since this is being our first time. With limit vacation time, we can only do 8 nights. We will be visiting Moorea first for few nights before heading to Bora Bora. Vahine Island Resort near Tahaa Island looks amazing that a friend is strongly recommended this over St Regis. We may do 3 nights on each resort and compare.
With friends who've been to both StR/FS Bora Bora and to Vahine, I can tell you this (and I just stayed at the StR in April as well):

(1) Vahine is more rustic and less touristy, smaller, more boutique...but far less to do than on Bora Bora (and there's not that much to do on Bora Bora!). But if you like more rustic, this may be your best bet.

(2) Food at StR is the best...followed by FS. Food at Vahine is supposed to be fine but unremarkable. If food is a priority, be wary of Vahine.

(3) You spend a lot of time in your bungalow, so make sure you like it. StR and FS OW bungalows are nicer. StR has the biggest OW villas period.

(4) Service is more or less good to great at all three. None of them are perfect.They all have their pros and cons and ups and downs. Service in Tahiti isn't like Asia, so don't plan on Asian levels of service anywhere in French Polynesia.

(5) Don't underestimate how dramatically beautiful Bora Bora is. Mt Otemanu is quite the sight in person. It's worth it.

(6) Moving around sounds like a good idea to "see it all" but the experiences aren't quite as different as you want to believe. Pick one and stay at least 4-5 nights to really unplug and relax. Staying fewer nights to see more resorts is a mistake.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:18 am

will be staying at SRBB for 2 nights next March. but now i found out that the view of Mt Otemanu is actually more impressive from Bora Bora Pearl (i think the post-card stock image usually shown on website is taken from Pearl typically)

so my question is, if i stay in Pearl for 2 nights prior to SRBB, how do i transfer from Pearl to SRBB? do i just go by boat from Pearl back to the Airport first, then have SRBB pick me up from Airport?

my other option is to get to Vaitape, take taxi from Vaitape to Anau, then take SRBB's water shuttle from Anau. i have rang up the hotel and apparently they dont allow folks who have never check in yet to take the complimentary bus shuttle from Vaitape to Anau - which is why the transfer is a conundrum now. moreover, this mode of transport is just simply a pain.

in all honesty the only reason i m contemplating staying in Pearl is just to take the iconic photo of Mt Otemanu.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:29 am

Not sure who told you the view is better from the pearl. I personally think the st. Regis view is fantastic as long as you have deluxe or better, but to each their own (looking at it right now on my deck).

I would probably not waste the time on the move if it were me but I am sure you could arrange something with the pearl to drop you off. Boats are always coming for dinner to St Regis and people often switch hotels (they may charge you more than typical airport drop off)
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do the rooms have minibars? And if so, are there any really unusual or unique items in there? Perhaps something really local?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:41 pm

Yes on minibar, no on anything unusual except the local beer
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
What's the position with Zika near the hotel (or on the island generally)?

Am thinking of doing a surprise trip for Mrs d'Yqyem, but it's an important consideration for us.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by UASPG
I have heard that Louis WAN (Société des Hôtels Tahitiens) has sold or is about to sale the property.
Has anyone heard the same thing and eventually knows the new ownership?

Angbang?
I believe that the Chinese conglomerate Hainan Airlines group has purchased the St. Regis via its affiliate, HNA Tourism Group Company Ltd. The other hotel that seems to have been acquired from the same owner is the Hilton Moorea.

I am not sure that he needs the money, but Louis Wan has been investing quite a bit on the other property he owns in Bora Bora. The ongoing major refurbishing will lead to the 4th brand of this property, "Conrad".

Is or will the St. Regis be heavily marketed toward the mainland Chinese market? It would only seem logical, but I guess that reports will tell us more about the actual major group of guests at this hotel.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Best deals for Nov / Dec 2017

Looking to book here for 2017 and looking at best rates.

I believe the best rate is SPG 50, is it possible to combine this with citi prestige 4th night free ?

Any other ways to mine good deals.... I am SPG plat till feb and then get downgraded to Gold unless Marriott allow me to buy points to remain plat.

I have Amex Plat FHR and Citi Prestige, I also have SPG points but they are 39k each per room even on sale, not sure if that's good value.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jan 3, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:14 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
First time at this property in a few days. SNA hasn't cleared even though plunge pool suites are available.
Entry level room category here are already considered suites, so SNAs might only upgrade to the sunset category upgrades--not to plunge pool suites. You should have asked before reservation about what constitutes a standard suite at this property. Not to mention that expecting a suite upgrade around the holiday season at a property like this is hilarious.

Besides, this hotel has limited participation in SPG. Anyone with Platinum status who expects otherwise is kidding themselves.

FWIW, I was just there in April 2016...shoulder season. I got a massive upgrade as a complimentary Platinum upgrade, assisted with my Ambassador, to the best Royal Overwater Villa. But that was MUCH lower season and I had much higher status, obviously...and still wasn't expecting the upgrade. I also saw the regular overwater villas...and those still are fantastic!

Anyone expecting an upgrade here over the holidays is unrealistic IMO.

Does anyone know if any of the bars offer a happy hour, and if yes, what are the times?
There was a time in late afternoon/early evening where a lot of couples were getting this massive drink with its own pearl in it--the name eludes me now. At that time, those drinks were half off if I remember right. It I don't remember any other happy hour. They got you...and they know it.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Entry level room category here are already considered suites, so SNAs might only upgrade to the sunset category upgrades--not to plunge pool suites. You should have asked before reservation about what constitutes a standard suite at this property. Not to mention that expecting a suite upgrade around the holiday season at a property like this is hilarious.

Besides, this hotel has limited participation in SPG. Anyone with Platinum status who expects otherwise is kidding themselves.

FWIW, I was just there in April 2016...shoulder season. I got a massive upgrade as a complimentary Platinum upgrade, assisted with my Ambassador, to the best Royal Overwater Villa. But that was MUCH lower season and I had much higher status, obviously...and still wasn't expecting the upgrade. I also saw the regular overwater villas...and those still are fantastic!

Anyone expecting an upgrade here over the holidays is unrealistic IMO.

There was a time in late afternoon/early evening where a lot of couples were getting this massive drink with its own pearl in it--the name eludes me now. At that time, those drinks were half off if I remember right. It I don't remember any other happy hour. They got you...and they know it.
I wouldn't be so harsh.

Agree on the SNA point; it is an all suite hotel so likely won't have automatic effect.

That said, their high season is our summer and Xmas. If you are arriving in a few days, hotel actually may be pretty empty as this period is their rainy season (Xmas is xmas, so is popular nonetheless). I have gone the last three years in august, high season, as a platinum (no ambassador or anything) and they gave me upgrades each time -- first two times to premier (which is the plunge pool) and last time to the royal. They may or may not give you an upgrade but all the rooms are actually quite nice if you are overwater; personally not a fan of the oceanfront land rooms but to each their own.

On the drinks, expensive yes but depends on your pattern. We spend most of our time in our room on our deck; just a different experience than other hotels. As a result, a lot of guests bring alcohol with them to their rooms for majority of day (duty free, buy on main island etc).

Enjoy the trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.