Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:38 am

Didn't use the kids club and never saw any kids at either of the times I have been there (twice). The club itself is a converted version of one of the ocean villas. Walked by it a couple of times, looks like it has a little pool and a forlorne swingset. Real question is less the club itself, I imagine, but what activities they do with the kids. Not sure what those are. Suspect they would take them swimming at the lagoonarium etc. Stopped by the four seasons and it had quite a few kids running around (heard couples complaining that they were overunning the main pool to their displeasure). In any event, I would suspect having more kids around would make the kids club experience more engaging / fun for the kids. In that context would pick the Four Seasons. I personally, though, like the st regis rooms and general resort better but that is more personal preference. Both were quite nice.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
I stayed at the St Regis this past October. The place is awesome, but I didn't see any kids there at all. Maybe the week I was there was very unusual.
I'd seen on reviews that the Le Meridien next door was more family friendly and also saved you a bit of points. You should look it up on Trip Advisor.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Has anyone ever tried to arrange alternate transit options to the hotel? We are going to be very close by at the Hilton for a few nights before moving over to the St Regis. Im hoping to call the hotels this weekend to try to sort out our options but has anyone had any luck doing something like a 1 way transfer PPT-> hilton, then having the st regis pick you up by boat near the hotel vs having to fly back to PPT, and then fly BACK to the resort?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Has anyone ever tried to arrange alternate transit options to the hotel? We are going to be very close by at the Hilton for a few nights before moving over to the St Regis. Im hoping to call the hotels this weekend to try to sort out our options but has anyone had any luck doing something like a 1 way transfer PPT-> hilton, then having the st regis pick you up by boat near the hotel vs having to fly back to PPT, and then fly BACK to the resort?
I don't think Hilton does PPT transfer. Most hotels do BOB transfer by boat. As St Regis and Hilton are on opposite sides, you may need to go through BOB anyway. St Regis does do pick up from Le Meridien since they are on the same side and near each other.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:31 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
In The Wind Catamaran excursion

Hi all,

Has anyone done the In The Wind 62' catamaran excursion?

They offer half and full day tours as well as sunset tours, and I am considering treating my hubby to this on our wedding anniversary. Any experiences that can be shared will be appreciated. I am leaning towards the 7 hr day excursion (9 am - 4 pm) to enjoy it more for the price, but the 4 hr sunset excursion (4:30 - 9 pm) is intriguing since he loves sunsets. They cost the same.

Any thoughts? Is the Bora Bora sunset from the catamaran so much more special than from the StR OW superior bungalow we'd already be enjoying?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
I don't think Hilton does PPT transfer. Most hotels do BOB transfer by boat. As St Regis and Hilton are on opposite sides, you may need to go through BOB anyway. St Regis does do pick up from Le Meridien since they are on the same side and near each other.
Gotcha. I think i had the wrong airports in my head, we will fly in on award tix to PPT, then hop over to BOB where we will boat to the hilton. Once our stay is done there im guessing then its not possible to have either the hilton or regis transfer us directly to the other hotel. We will prob have to boat back to BOB and then boat over to the Regis from there.....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Gotcha. I think i had the wrong airports in my head, we will fly in on award tix to PPT, then hop over to BOB where we will boat to the hilton. Once our stay is done there im guessing then its not possible to have either the hilton or regis transfer us directly to the other hotel. We will prob have to boat back to BOB and then boat over to the Regis from there.....
Might as well email them and ask. They may in fact do it. Remember, you are paying a transfer fee so no harm in asking the question. If they can only do from airport, not a big deal as Hilton can drop off as St Regis is picking up since it will coincide with flights. Wouldn't add that much time to journey.

The other, more expensive but interesting alternative, would be to pair a helicopter tour with the transfer and have them drop you at St Regis after tour.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
....The other, more expensive but interesting alternative, would be to pair a helicopter tour with the transfer and have them drop you at St Regis after tour.
Interesting. Have you actually tried it? Helicopters are sensitive to weight and balance, I wonder how it may work if you have 100lbs of luggage. I am not familiar with Hilton but St Regis does have a helipad. It won't be cheap though. I think you are looking at $2,000 range for 30 minutes tour/transfer.

Last edited by TerryK; Oct 8, 2015 at 9:16 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:54 am

Interesting. Have you actually tried it? Helicopters are sensitive to weight and balance, I wonder how it may work if you have 100lbs of luggage. I am not familiar with Hilton but St Regis does have a helipad. It won't be cheap though. I think you are looking at $2,000 range for 30 minutes tour/transfer.
In a manner of speaking. We transfered hotels to St. Regis from the Taha (adjacent island, 15 minute flight). That entire flight was well south of 2K and further in distance than we are talking about here. The same provider also does 15 minute tours of bora bora as its own thing. Just thought, if you wanted to do a tour anyway by air, you could just ask them to land at st. regis. possibly a long shot.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In a manner of speaking. We transfered hotels to St. Regis from the Taha (adjacent island, 15 minute flight). That entire flight was well south of 2K and further in distance than we are talking about here....
Yeah, but that's 15 minutes, not 30. Helicopter costs are tied more to flight time than distance. 15 minutes should be in the $1,000 range. I think you need 30 to do a proper tour/transfer from Hilton to St Regis, although you could do it with 15.

Last edited by TerryK; Oct 8, 2015 at 10:15 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:36 am

Yeah, but that's 15 minutes, not 30. Helicopter costs are tied more to flight time than distance. 15 minutes should be in the $1,000 range. I think you need 30 to do a proper tour/transfer from Hilton to St Regis, although you could do it with 15.
Given I was flying from an island that you can vaguely see in the distance on Bora bora, I would suspect that a flight across the island of bora bora would be inside of the flight time it took to cross the ocean.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given I was flying from an island that you can vaguely see in the distance on Bora bora, I would suspect that a flight across the island of bora bora would be inside of the flight time it took to cross the ocean.
Sure, you can probably do Hilton to St Regis transfer in less than 10. But I was talking about a tour/transfer for 30 minutes.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:07 pm

Think id rather spend a little extra time connecting from one hotels boat to the airport to another boat then drop $1-2k for a heli tour Fun tho it sounds im sure we will be spending about that much for food+activities at the resorts anyway. Getting all the ducks in a row is such a headache without thinking about adding that too. Gotta get award tickets to price right using 3 partner airlines. Gotta get cash+points at the hilton just right, gotta get the right codes for the St Regis to price just right....gah!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
In a manner of speaking. We transfered hotels to St. Regis from the Taha (adjacent island, 15 minute flight). That entire flight was well south of 2K and further in distance than we are talking about here. The same provider also does 15 minute tours of bora bora as its own thing. Just thought, if you wanted to do a tour anyway by air, you could just ask them to land at st. regis. possibly a long shot.
Slightly off topic, but I've got a stay at the St. Regis next year and it's sold out for three nights of my stay so we were thinking of switching to Le Taha'a Island Resort and Spa for those nights and possibly doing a helicopter transfer and island tour. Which company did you use for the helicopter transfer and what were your thoughts on Taha'a? I want to find something reasonably close in quality/luxury to the St. Regis and it seems like Taha'a may be the best option since the Four Seasons is also sold out during my time.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:47 am

Taha is a nice hotel but my personal view is that it is not in the same luxury class as the St Regis or the Four Seasons. Don't get me wrong, very nice hotel but just several notches below in my opinion. If i went back and split time, i would spend a few days on Moorea (i liked the sofitel) and then bora bora. Moorea was almost as nice for much less the cost with many more activities to do on the island (when on bora bora, we just liked laying around).

Only one helicopter provider http://tahiti-helicopters.com/?lang=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.