Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Here this week and it's lovely. Booked a standard over water bungalow and was "upgraded" to a superior (aka, normal, no pool or shower). It's nice but I don't really consider it much of an upgrade at all. The GM says occupancy is 85%+ now so sounds like not much they can do anyways.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:51 am

Due to overbooking at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui for our honemoon stay starting 06/27/15, we have been moved to this property. Couple of questions:

First, it appears we are stuck in getting a regular OWB instead of Superior or Deluxe. We have attempted to email the property to make sure our reservation is confirmed with the same details as we had at the Hilton (breakfast included, etc) but have not had a repsonse. Does anyone have a good contact email, or should I just bite the bullet and call?

Second, since we are now moving to the St. Regis, should I be able to sign up for SPG (noob) and gain points with this stay even though we booked the other hotel orignially?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msdossys
....Second, since we are now moving to the St. Regis, should I be able to sign up for SPG (noob) and gain points with this stay even though we booked the other hotel orignially?
Sure. You should receive points for whatever you paid to St Regis directly. You won't receive points for room rate if paid by Hilton.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Sure. You should receive points for whatever you paid to St Regis directly. You won't receive points for room rate if paid by Hilton.
Yeah the room is being paid by the Hilton, so no go for that. Ah well.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
You should still have an SPG account.

You can charge any incidentals to your room.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As Bora Bora resorts are pretty isolated, you will charge plenty of incidentals (meals, drinks, activities etc). It is still a good idea to sign up for SPG. You should still receive Hilton points for what you paid to Hilton.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: SPG, Delta
We just got back from 5 nights here for our honeymoon. We booked a Superior Overwater Villa and were upgraded to a Deluxe Overwater Villa, which had a view of the mountain (not the interior lagoon of the resort). The resort seemed pretty full most of the time, and they were renovating a few of the larger OWBs (we were right next to some of the royal OWBs and 2-bedroom suites and could hear a little construction noise during the day). We were also to get a 4 PM late checkout on our last day, which came in handy, given our red-eye flight home. Great property.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:49 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by travelgirl530
We just got back from 5 nights here for our honeymoon. We booked a Superior Overwater Villa and were upgraded to a Deluxe Overwater Villa, which had a view of the mountain (not the interior lagoon of the resort). The resort seemed pretty full most of the time, and they were renovating a few of the larger OWBs (we were right next to some of the royal OWBs and 2-bedroom suites and could hear a little construction noise during the day). We were also to get a 4 PM late checkout on our last day, which came in handy, given our red-eye flight home. Great property.
Out of curiosity, do you have any SPG status? Did you do any scuba diving?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We'll be there in April 2016--can't wait.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: SPG, Delta
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Out of curiosity, do you have any SPG status? Did you do any scuba diving?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We'll be there in April 2016--can't wait.
Yes, my husband has Plat status & I have Gold (we booked under his SPG account, though). It's a beautiful property - you will have a great time!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Boat shuttle to main isle?

I have reached out to the resort with no response but it appears that there are two hotel boat shuttles daily to Vaitape and back. The timing doesn't seem ideal... Does anyone know what happens if you are there later, e.g., dining at La Villa Mahana or drinking at Bloody Mary's until late? How does one get back to the St. Regis? I appreciate any advice, thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anyone have experience with the kids club here? Don't care it's mostly a honeymoon place. Free? Good? Have kids 7 and 6. Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Just to gauge some ideas;

I am a Platinum member and have a stay at this property; using SPG50 my rate is around 75,000XPF per night for an entry level OWB. I understand that I will get free breakfast as a chosen amenity

Now, I have read and read these threads, and from the sounds of it these OWB are probably the best standard rooms in the entire St Regis chain (and maybe SPG chain) so I know the stay will be awesome. However, I have been snooping around over at the IC threads and the IC Thalasso Bora Bora can be booked for more than 50% less than the St Regis BB.

Now, has anyone stayed at the IC Thalasso and St Regis - which is better?

I'm a relatively simple traveller and will probably do nothing except gaze at the turquoise waters and Mount Otemanu whilst in BB
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by alanslegal

Now, has anyone stayed at the IC Thalasso and St Regis - which is better?
I’ve stayed at both. The Thalasso over-the-water rooms are basically all the same, but with slightly differing views and locations along the quay. I was offered an upgrade to a room with a direct view to Otemanu mountain. It really doesn’t make much difference unless you want to see the mountain from your bed. The room has sleeping and sitting areas but they are not fully separate. At the StR upgrades can make much more of a difference as the accommodations differ in both size and location. I happened to get a huge bungalow with several fully separate areas in a good location. Perhaps for this reason I enjoyed the St Regis more. However, there is a practical difference as well: at the StR you’re essentially a prisoner at the resort. There is no place to walk to and the shuttles off the sandbar to the island are few and expensive, with what seemed to me an inconvenient schedule. The Thalasso had convenient and (at the time) free shuttles to the other Intercontinental on the island at Vaitape. From there it was possible to arrange transportation around the island to visit points of interest. At the StR I felt that I had been corralled; at the IC I had more freedom of movement.

In any case, you need to be prepared to pay a small fortune for food, whether at the hotel or not. Some people seem to fill up on a late breakfast and take fruit or small sandwiches from breakfast for lunch.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ajnaro
I’ve stayed at both. The Thalasso over-the-water rooms are basically all the same, but with slightly differing views and locations along the quay. I was offered an upgrade to a room with a direct view to Otemanu mountain. It really doesn’t make much difference unless you want to see the mountain from your bed. The room has sleeping and sitting areas but they are not fully separate. At the StR upgrades can make much more of a difference as the accommodations differ in both size and location. I happened to get a huge bungalow with several fully separate areas in a good location. Perhaps for this reason I enjoyed the St Regis more. However, there is a practical difference as well: at the StR you’re essentially a prisoner at the resort. There is no place to walk to and the shuttles off the sandbar to the island are few and expensive, with what seemed to me an inconvenient schedule. The Thalasso had convenient and (at the time) free shuttles to the other Intercontinental on the island at Vaitape. From there it was possible to arrange transportation around the island to visit points of interest. At the StR I felt that I had been corralled; at the IC I had more freedom of movement.

In any case, you need to be prepared to pay a small fortune for food, whether at the hotel or not. Some people seem to fill up on a late breakfast and take fruit or small sandwiches from breakfast for lunch.
Great information, thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Food wise I found the tuna to be the best value vs what you'd pay for it elsewhere in the world. I'll happily pay $28 for a decent size plate of absolutely fresh tuna tartare!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.