Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
Good for you, I had the opposite experience just now. I didn't get a stay credit, nor points, nor even Starwood Amex bonus points, even though I paid $280 for one night (room plus parking plus a phantom €3 charge). So I called Starwood and they were completely useless. They said that the Sheraton CDG declared the rate I paid, which was €10 more than Starpicks, as ineligible. Their only suggestion is for me to fax my statement in, which I can't easily do as I am traveling around Europe.

The Amex rep put me on hold while she called Starwood about the missing bonus points. Starwood told her that the stay was ineligible for bonus points! Then the Starwood rep said that they were not responsible and that Amex is responsible for posting bonus Starpoints!

I guess I need to maybe bother Lurker about this.
I forgot to report back here that Lurker sorted it all out. Invaluable resource to Flyertalk!

Regarding the lounge size, I've been staying at this hotel often for about 15 years now and I have never seen the lounge totally full. I think most people either don't know about it, or spend their entire stay asleep with jet lag. Also lots of people arrive late at night and check out early in the morning.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:37 pm

I don't mind this hotel so far. Got my platinum upgrade to club (didn't bother w/ suite as the customer in front was having the "where is my suite" conversation). Room was for me as the personalized welcome card was on the desk. Room is a decent size, good tv, and the bathroom has separate shower and tub.

The club lounge was quite poor at 7pm. The mini bar was empty (I'll share a picture later), the hot food was spring rolls and something, and I wasn't a fan of the stuff in the cooler (some may enjoy it). The attendee was quite inattentive. I was in there for aobut a 1/2 hour, and he didn't attend to a single item. He went out of the room several times after a call. I came back later for beverage, and did notice it had been restocked (however the beers were extremely warm). My only comment here is when you are at an international airport, as a hotel you need to keep things it stocked. People are on different schedules and it would be nice to enjoy the benefits of being a SPG Platinum.

On a positive note for the club lounge, the computers were nice, printer worked, and I got a to-go cup of red wine, so how can I complain too much
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
I've stayed there at least a dozen times over the last few years as a platinum -- I was never once upgraded to a suite.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
I've stayed there at least a dozen times over the last few years as a platinum -- I was never once upgraded to a suite.
Sheraton CDG does upgrade Platinums to junior suites, if available. I think they only have 4 junior suites.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Sheraton CDG does upgrade Platinums to junior suites, if available. I think they only have 4 junior suites.
I don't think they do, unless perhaps you bug them for it. Like I said above, I've been staying there often for well over a decade and I've never seen a suite. But I have never asked for a suite. So I don't think they even think of putting me in one.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone here had any success requesting the property for a c&p rate????the cheapest rate available on the day i'm looking to stay here is €259....my flight gets in late at night & i leave early in the morning so it would be a shame to pay that much for 7-8 hours at the hotel....
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone here had any success requesting the property for a c&p rate????the cheapest rate available on the day i'm looking to stay here is €259....my flight gets in late at night & i leave early in the morning so it would be a shame to pay that much for 7-8 hours at the hotel....
I stayed back in March with a c+p rate.
Similar situation: landing 11 pm and departing 7,30am, so I did not want to spent too much money.
The room I got was really bad, with many things broken and desperate need of a refurbishment. I have no status with *wood so I guess I got the worse in the house, but if I have had to pay 259e for that room I would have been very annoyed.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
I don't think they do, unless perhaps you bug them for it. Like I said above, I've been staying there often for well over a decade and I've never seen a suite. But I have never asked for a suite. So I don't think they even think of putting me in one.
I have been upgraded to juinior suites twice already at this property, without even asking for it.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by saviox
I stayed back in March with a c+p rate.
Similar situation: landing 11 pm and departing 7,30am, so I did not want to spent too much money.
The room I got was really bad, with many things broken and desperate need of a refurbishment. I have no status with *wood so I guess I got the worse in the house, but if I have had to pay 259e for that room I would have been very annoyed.
was the c&p rate available or did you have to request for it????
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
was the c&p rate available or did you have to request for it????
Hi Keyser,

it was available through the SPG web.

Good luck!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are paying the €259 for the location. You can usually get the Hyatt and for sure the HI much cheaper, but then you have to take the shuttle bus. Have you checked the Hilton? I think you can use the CDGVAL.

Also note that this hotel is currently on Starpicks if you need to stay on a weekend.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are paying the €259 for the location. You can usually get the Hyatt and for sure the HI much cheaper, but then you have to take the shuttle bus. Have you checked the Hilton? I think you can use the CDGVAL.

Also note that this hotel is currently on Starpicks if you need to stay on a weekend.
i understand the price is due to the location....but €259 for 6-7 hours is not worth it....unfortunately the stay is not on a weekend....if i can't get a c&p rate here then will head over to the hilton....
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by schley
Last week stayed here on a one night stay. Hotels opened up c and p availablity for 2 rooms Location is GREAT for departing the hotel for the airport. Just walk out into the connected terminal. Big advantage IMO.
Yes. I simply emailed and it was done.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
Yes. I simply emailed and it was done.
sounds good....will try that....
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Sorry, I've just noticed that there is a thread just for this hotel.

I'm booked here on a weeknight in a classic double for 299 Euros...very pricey. I'm SPG Gold.

Two questions:

1. Any change of being upgraded to a club floor double?

2. Better for me to use AA miles to book this room? It seemed a pricey use of AA miles (at around 50,000, I think...plus I need two beds and you can't request that when booking through AA) which is why I did the cash option. If I use AA miles, can I even get an upgrade, if they give them out normally?

I'm doing this for location only since we have a flight out early the next morning. But for this price I'm hoping the room is really nice...sounds like reviews are mixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.