Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:16 am

I stayed here recently. I paid about 240 euro and I'd say that is about what it was worth if you have an early departure and want to be at airport. I used an SUA that was going to expire before I could use it and was upgraded to a suite. I'd only do this if you were going to lose it otherwise. Unfortunately I had to wait 2.5 hours after regular check-in to get room but they gave access to exec lounge so it wasn't bad. Executive lounge is ok. The usual soft drinks and snacks during day. Booze and some further snack in evening. It is not large but wasn't crowed the times I was there.

Room had nice view of runways but as noted by others the room showed some wear and tear. Not too bad but I expect an average suite is perhaps less worn than average room. Breakfast was fine not spectacular not bad.

​​​

Last edited by 36902BRF; Sep 10, 2023 at 12:27 am
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:22 pm
CBS

I'll have a 17 hour layover at CDG in December. Landing 8PM 2F, departing 1:40PM for JFK 2E. Trying to decide if despite the expense and tiredness of the property, it makes more sense than say, the Novotel. One in our party is mobility impaired and will have a transport wheelchair, but can walk short distances. Is the location T2 significantly easier to push a wheelchair to? Also, is the restaurant decent? MIL and FIL will want to eat at the hotel given the late arrival hour, while SO and I will probably want to head into the city.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by CBS
I'll have a 17 hour layover at CDG in December. Landing 8PM 2F, departing 1:40PM for JFK 2E. Trying to decide if despite the expense and tiredness of the property, it makes more sense than say, the Novotel. One in our party is mobility impaired and will have a transport wheelchair, but can walk short distances. Is the location T2 significantly easier to push a wheelchair to? Also, is the restaurant decent? MIL and FIL will want to eat at the hotel given the late arrival hour, while SO and I will probably want to head into the city.
Probably best due to convenience.

I had food at the bar - which was ok - as I moved over there as I wasn’t being served in the restaurant after 15min wait. The restaurant was actually feeling like a random setting of tables, more like a bingo hall, and looked cheap.

I wasn’t too impressed with the menu especially in context of the high prices they call.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by CBS
Trying to decide if despite the expense and tiredness of the property, it makes more sense than say, the Novotel.
This hotel is right on top of Terminal 2C in the middle of the action. There are no barriers from the airport to the hotel. It was a lot of money for my 10 hour layover but I was able to get from my hotel room to the TGV within 5 mins down the escalators in front of the hotel entrance.

​​​​​​Sadly missed the hours at the club lounge. There is a simple breakfast corner with crossiants and coffee.

Limited seating

Lounge hours

Come early if you want a seat

Gym/dark weights room

Platinums get the buffet breakfast at the restaurant or continental breakfast served in your room.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Here now for a quick overnight before an early flight out (after 3 great nights at the PH Vendome), and since we have a ton of luggage it's 100% worth the extra for the convenience vs. having to haul everything on the train from the Residence Inn area. The "Van" feature on Uber actually got us a nice Mercedes V-Class for 80 euro, which was great for getting us & all the stuff from the PH to the Sheraton, and as we were unloading, a bellman came out with a luggage cart to meet us and get the bags to our room.

I used a NUA to get the junior suite, which is in fact a true suite (perfect for having the kid sleep in the living room), and it's on the same floor as the lounge. The room was all set up with a crib, some robes and slippers, a trio of juices, a trio of chocolate bars, a jar of nuts, and a handwritten welcome note. I was also told that the minibar in the room was complimentary (just some waters, juices, and sodas, but still a nice touch).

We checked in around 7pm and went to the lounge and found the offerings to be quite good for a Sheraton... lots of little sandwiches (smoked salmon, roast beef, etc.), some good curried chicken salad, various meats and good French cheeses, okay bread with great butter, and self-serve beer/wine. It was not at all crowded, and the two staff were happy to help you take a couple plates to go (including a glass or two of wine). All in all, the place kind of reminds me of the old Sheraton in old San Juan like 20 years ago (in a good way though).

The only negative so far, but a major negative, is the air conditioning is working very poorly. Engineering is here now working on it so I have hope that there actually is air conditioning that just isn't working well. The thermostats here just have the old school European dial with a + and a - on either end, no actual temperatures... fingers crossed for some air flow.

Edited to add: the air ended up working only so-so but the hotel quickly brought up a fan when I asked for one
yyzflyer likes this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Mar 18, 2024 at 11:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.