Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Has anyone had recent success in getting them to open Cash and Points availability, as some have had in the past? I'd like to stay on 6/25 but the stated rate of over $300 before tax seems a bit much.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Has anyone had recent success in getting them to open Cash and Points availability, as some have had in the past? I'd like to stay on 6/25 but the stated rate of over $300 before tax seems a bit much.
Yes I've done a couple C&P stays. And I recently I made a C&P booking for August. If you can't get C&P for your date it probably means the hotel is relatively full.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just completed a 4-night stay at the Sheraton CDG. The FD trainee checking me in explained all the Plat benefits, including club benefits of lounge access along with pressing of 2 laundry items, breakfast either in the lounge or in the restaurant. I selected the local gift of room diffuser kit instead of 500 points.

Breafast buffet in the restaurant was very good, decent selection of cheeses, smoked salmon, smoked fish, prosciuto and cold cuts, good selection of fruits. Omelette station offers eggs cooked to your liking, plus all the usual bacon, potatoes, etc.

SPG Plat beneftits at this hotel is among the best like most of the Asian hotels, considering that Plat get free breakfast plus amenity.

I was upgraded to an Executive Suite on this stay, my first suite upgrade st thia hotel.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I just did a C&P last month and a points stay earlier this year. They are not as nice to Gold as they are to Plat if CIT85 is any indication.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ckendall
I just did a C&P last month and a points stay earlier this year. They are not as nice to Gold as they are to Plat if CIT85 is any indication.
I wasn't treated anywhere near as nice 2 years ago. I had a very small room, couldn't have been an upgrade, with club lounge access and that was it. No breakfast in the restaurant or pressing of 2 laundry items.

If my treatment this stay is standard, then they must have changed their policy towards Plat for the better.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by JNelson113
They have a beatthetimer rate of 139 euros still available for that night. It's prepaid and non cancellable, but a much better deal than $300 and probably even the C&P.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: DL PM
I'm considering a one night stay in Mar. and am considering a prepaid club room as I have only gold status. It sounds like the breakfast buffet is good and there are drinks/canapes in the evening, correct? Also, I will be arriving into CDG and would like to know if I can walk with a luggage cart from my terminal to the hotel? I will be arriving on TK from IST.

It doesn't sound like they have a spa but it does say massages are offered and there is a sauna-would love a spa of some sort so any comments on their facilities in this regard? Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jac747
I'm considering a one night stay in Mar. and am considering a prepaid club room as I have only gold status. It sounds like the breakfast buffet is good and there are drinks/canapes in the evening, correct? Also, I will be arriving into CDG and would like to know if I can walk with a luggage cart from my terminal to the hotel? I will be arriving on TK from IST.

It doesn't sound like they have a spa but it does say massages are offered and there is a sauna-would love a spa of some sort so any comments on their facilities in this regard? Thanks.
No - you will need to unload from the cart when you take the CDG Val shuttle train between Terminal 1 (Turkish) and Terminal 2 (Hotel). Carts are not allowed on CDG Val.

Can't speak for the spa there as I've never used it. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant in the lobby is indeed very good but make sure your club room gives you that. The breakfast on offer in the club (4th floor) is quite nice but a much smaller selection.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:55 pm

Thank you. That's bad news as I have a lot of luggage so maybe it's advisable to stay at one of the hotels that offer a free shuttle? The shuttle drivers assist with luggage, don't they?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Sheraton also has a shuttle to T1. So you don't need to use the CDGVAL if you dont want to. Just call up the Sheraton and they will send the van over and yes the driver will help you with the bags. However even with a lot of luggage the CDGVAL is doable in that there is an escalator or elevator to access the train, plenty of space on the train, and carts on both ends. Plus the Sheraton is less than 100 meters from the CDGVAL. Before the CDGVAL I always used the Sheraton van, but since then it's just easier and faster to take the train.

Regarding breakfast however, I have to disagree on the quality. It's not that great. The Sheraton has a top quality restaurant for lunch and dinner to go along with the ordinary brasserie, but the breakfast doesn't come from that kitchen unfortunately. These days I just grab a bite from the lounge or not even if I have a morning flight and access to a decent lounge like T2E S4.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:29 am

Thank you very much-maybe I can manage my luggage onto the train. I would prefer to stay at the Hyatt which seems to get good reviews with the exception of their shuttle service but think the Sheraton will be much more convenient. I will be departing on AF back to Lax so am hoping that will be a short walk with luggage also.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jac747
Thank you very much-maybe I can manage my luggage onto the train. I would prefer to stay at the Hyatt which seems to get good reviews with the exception of their shuttle service but think the Sheraton will be much more convenient. I will be departing on AF back to Lax so am hoping that will be a short walk with luggage also.
The Hyatt is fine and cheaper than the Sheraton. I've never had a problem with their shuttle. But it will drop you off one level above the Sheraton and you have to then take an elevator down to where you can get a cart, which is a few steps from the Sheraton. From there it's about 100-200 meters to AF check in for LAX. If you are lucky you will get an M gate and use the new AF lounge which is quite nice. Get there early if you want a Clarins spa treatment.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:49 am

Thanks, good to hear about their shuttle! Yes, I was able to try out that lounge on my last trip and was impressed-decent buffet, nice showers, and I love getting a Clarins treatment. The flt is operated by an A380 so I expect it may be parked in the same area so I'm hoping to visit that lounge again. If only I had a sherpa to assist with my luggage...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For checking in with DL/AF at CDG, it's possible to make one trip with your luggage to be checked at the counter and then walk back ot your room to grab the coat and carryon and do the check out. Just be sure to leave lots of time in case there are lines. It works better if you have SkyPriority.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Does anybody know when the lounge closes in the evening? I land around 10PM in CDG, I suppose it will be long closed by then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.