Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Air France, Lufthansa, Continental Air
Terrible Customer Service

I was not too happy with my stay here in March. (I know this is a bit late, but better late than never.)

Arrived to check in and had to wait about 15 minutes behind three people. I'm an SPG Platinum, but there was no Platinum check in available. I booked a nonsmoking room and that is also stated in my Platinum folio. Was told only free internet for Plats was in lobby, but that I'd have access to Club Lounge. Was looking forward to grabbing a snack and drink before meeting friends in Paris for dinner.....but alas, that never happened.
Got to room and it was obvious a heavy smoker had been there. Called down. Was told it was non smoking room. Told them someone had smoked there. Reception continued to argue with me. Asked them to send someone up and told them to bring a key to another room for me. Waited 15 mintues and no one arrived. Called back down and they said someone was on way. (At this point I am now late to leave for dinner and am breaking out in hives from my allergy to smoke. Did stand in hall, but the room was that bad.) A cleaning supervisor came. She seemed to agree about the smoke. Still no one to let me in another room. Called back down and asked to speak with manager. He finally came up. Apologetic and with another room key. At this point it had taken me over an hour from the time I walked into reception until the time I got into my smoke free room which in turn ruined a perfectly wonderful evening in Paris.
The property was clean, and I slept well enough. The location is great if you need to be in CDG airport, but the service was tragic. Starwood should be ashamed of the way this hotel is staffed. The only thing that would make me happy at this point is the return of my SPG points and a credit of the cash I had to pay.
The club lounge is a joke. Went in for breakfast at 8am. Attendent was too busy taking to his mate to acknowledge us. Offerings were so so. Don't waste your time or money.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by famtravlworld
Was told only free internet for Plats was in lobby, but that I'd have access to Club Lounge.
As Plat, and especially as a Flyertalker, you should know that you get free Internet in your room, no matter what some trainee or new person at the front desk tells you. I always get free internet in my room at this and all Starwood properties.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:40 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by famtravlworld
I was not too happy with my stay here in March. (I know this is a bit late, but better late than never.)

Arrived to check in and had to wait about 15 minutes behind three people. I'm an SPG Platinum, but there was no Platinum check in available. I booked a nonsmoking room and that is also stated in my Platinum folio. Was told only free internet for Plats was in lobby, but that I'd have access to Club Lounge. Was looking forward to grabbing a snack and drink before meeting friends in Paris for dinner.....but alas, that never happened.
Got to room and it was obvious a heavy smoker had been there. Called down. Was told it was non smoking room. Told them someone had smoked there. Reception continued to argue with me. Asked them to send someone up and told them to bring a key to another room for me. Waited 15 mintues and no one arrived. Called back down and they said someone was on way. (At this point I am now late to leave for dinner and am breaking out in hives from my allergy to smoke. Did stand in hall, but the room was that bad.) A cleaning supervisor came. She seemed to agree about the smoke. Still no one to let me in another room. Called back down and asked to speak with manager. He finally came up. Apologetic and with another room key. At this point it had taken me over an hour from the time I walked into reception until the time I got into my smoke free room which in turn ruined a perfectly wonderful evening in Paris.
The property was clean, and I slept well enough. The location is great if you need to be in CDG airport, but the service was tragic. Starwood should be ashamed of the way this hotel is staffed. The only thing that would make me happy at this point is the return of my SPG points and a credit of the cash I had to pay.
The club lounge is a joke. Went in for breakfast at 8am. Attendent was too busy taking to his mate to acknowledge us. Offerings were so so. Don't waste your time or money.
I had the exact opposite experience this weekend.

Upgraded to junior suite at the end of the building. There was a faint smell of smoke but barely noticeable. All rooms in French hotels are non-smoking by law since 2009 now.

No problem with late checkout, free internet of course provided (including the higher speed one). Choice of breakfast either in the room, lounge or restaurant.

The lounge has hot food, sandwiches, yogurts and deserts on offer from 1pm to 11pm, something I have not seen in any other sheraton lounge.

I found the staff were friendly and professional. No complaints from my side, in fact for me this property has always been very good in how they treat me.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Thinking of staying here for a one night stay with a morning flight the following morning.

For those plats that have stayed here is the choice of breakfast actually in room, restaurant, or lounge? If so this is fabulous for options. Any comparison of each?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, but unless things have changed recently, the free Platinum breakfast is only in the lounge. But it is a nice breakfast and if I recall correctly you can order an omelet from the club staff. I'll be there again soon myself.

Only €159 on the SUMMER rate.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I was here last summer and there was the choice of breakfast in the resto. However, it was underwhelming due to the judicious use of salt everywhere. The only palatable item was from the omelette station.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braindrain
I was here last summer and there was the choice of breakfast in the resto. However, it was underwhelming due to the judicious use of salt everywhere. The only palatable item was from the omelette station.
I'm here now and indeed Plats can have a buffet breakfast in the restaurant. I didn't think it was too salty, however I have never seen pre-made omelets in a hot tray before. They were awful. This is possibly the worst buffet breakfast I've seen in Europe, at this level of hotel, in terms of food quality. The service was fine and the bread and pastries were fine. But the rest was just poor. Glad I didn't have to pay for it!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by GVA
All rooms in French hotels are non-smoking by law since 2009 now.
This is not true.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For A380 spotters, this is the place. I was working most of the morning an early afternoon at my desk in front of the window. It seemed like every time I glanced up, I saw another A380. At least two from AF, and one each from SQ and EK went trundling by.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm here now and indeed Plats can have a buffet breakfast in the restaurant. I didn't think it was too salty, however I have never seen pre-made omelets in a hot tray before. They were awful.
I guess it depends on which junior trainee is on staff that day. I'm guessing they got rid of the omelette station? Too bad, as that was the only palatable thing in the whole restaurant.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braindrain
I guess it depends on which junior trainee is on staff that day. I'm guessing they got rid of the omelette station? Too bad, as that was the only palatable thing in the whole restaurant.
Maybe because it is Saturday there is no omelet station?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:01 am

Kudo's to the online chat at spg and this property for opening up some C and P availability for me. The Friday night in Sept was not showing but that Saturday was. I chatted and they sent a request on my behalf as the property itself said there is nothing they can do. The next day the property emails me with 2 rooms opened as cash and points for me. I couldn't be happier as this is great customer service. ^ SPG and Sheraton CDG!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
Kudo's to the online chat at spg and this property for opening up some C and P availability for me.
Good for you, I had the opposite experience just now. I didn't get a stay credit, nor points, nor even Starwood Amex bonus points, even though I paid $280 for one night (room plus parking plus a phantom €3 charge). So I called Starwood and they were completely useless. They said that the Sheraton CDG declared the rate I paid, which was €10 more than Starpicks, as ineligible. Their only suggestion is for me to fax my statement in, which I can't easily do as I am traveling around Europe.

The Amex rep put me on hold while she called Starwood about the missing bonus points. Starwood told her that the stay was ineligible for bonus points! Then the Starwood rep said that they were not responsible and that Amex is responsible for posting bonus Starpoints!

I guess I need to maybe bother Lurker about this.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Review Oct. 1-3

Just checked into this property yesterday.

2 days before I had gotten an email confirming they will have a room ready for me at 10am. As I went to check-in, the front desk tried to shun me away since it was too early and I told him to check again. He realize he was wrong for assuming.

I asked him about upgrades as I didn't see the "you've been upgraded" insert and he told me I had been upgrade onto a club room, fyi all rooms one 4th floor is considered a club room. Went up to my tiny room and checked room inventory and saw that there was a junior suite available. I went back down to talk to the same guy and asked him if he was sure there was nothing bigger. He said they are fully booked. I told him I just got off the phone with SPG, bluff, and that they said there was a room. He said no. I told him that's fine I will call SPG back and he can deal with them. At that moment his colleague yelled over to tell him they "found" a room. He knew I was onto him but didn't seem to care, almost look disappointed to give me the room.

Anyways the junior suite is much better, I enjoy having space I don't travel to Europe a lot, compared to America and Asia, so wasn't sure how generous SPG properties are in Europe.

Definitely one of the smallest club lounge I've ever been in, however the food selection is decent for what it is. Nothing compared to Asia however...

Although it may take 35 mins to get to main station downtown, I would still factor in at least an hour for all the walking, transfers, waiting you may have to do wherver you have to go. A lil' inconvenient for me but all the SPG hotels were sold out when I booked last minute. But then I take off Monday AM so it will be nice to sleep in, have breakfast and not be rushed.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:38 am

Last week stayed here on a one night stay. Hotels opened up c and p availablity for 2 rooms and I although checkin took a while as there was a long line at 10 pm it was ok. No upgrade other than a club room floor, big deal. We did go to the lounge that evening, which closes at 10:30 pm. It is very tiny. It probably has a seating capacity of 20 at the very most if you include the computer room, where they have 2 computers to use.

Breakfast had warm eggs and bacon, however the french toast and pancakes were just out on plates. So what do you think happens with them just being out? Weird, a big oversight and not sure if it is always that way. You would think the French would be want to show off their French Toast the right way at least.

Location is GREAT for departing the hotel for the airport. Just walk out into the connected terminal. Big advantage IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.